color
clarity

4 carat Thai blue sapphire Princess Diana/Kate Middleton Ring

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Aaargggg!
Very difficult.
But in the best possible way.
I’m keeping everyone on the loop and thinking constantly.
They are both quite pricey so it’s definitely one or the other.....
ALL feedback very welcome. No worries about offending me because afterall, I didn’t design or make these rings, I simply love them both and must choose....

Hi @Efleon I absolutely recommend the KM blue sapphire ring; it suits you perfectly!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which would you see yourself wearing more often and is more your style?

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I agree. The “inability to carry dainty pieces” phenomena is totally weird and happened pretty quickly. There was a fabulous ruby. 1.33 carats that is perfect pigeons blood color that I’ve coveted for a long time at my jewelers as well. I was all set to go for it but it was just not right on me. I felt like I was wearing someone else’s ring (a daughter if I had one!) and and although the color was exactly what I was looking for, I gave it a pass.
Now....I sincerely hope all my supportive and lovely posters on this thread don’t get upset with me but there was another ring that I just saw yesterday that blew me away!!!
Again, a “bigger” ring but siiigh
I’m just going to throw it up here and see if anyone understands why I fell for it and may have to kick Diana/Kate out of bed (I haven’t decided between these two...)
Here goes!!
3.3 carat Ceylon GIA pink sapphire set in 18k prongs with platinum set 1.44 carats G/VS1 diamonds and 2.16 carats pink sapphires (the sunny hand shot is marred by my big oily fingerprint on the gemstone table sorry. Irl the stone is perfect..... 207E7085-664A-4EE7-8745-CF653327DA76.jpeg

OMG - this one!! Definitely this one for me. Depends on what you have, and what you think you will legitimately wear more. But really, this one!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All!
I was visiting my favorite jeweler and this stunning 3.99 carat oval sapphire caught my attention. The second I slipped it on my finger I felt like a princess and was smitten.
I always admired Diana’s sapphire e-ring as the epitome of classic classic classic but I had never tried one on.
This ring has the perfect combination of wowza factor yet it’s still super comfy!
I am seriously considering this ring!
It is GIA certified as heated from Thailand.
I’m wondering if anyone knows about Thai sapphires?
Quality?
I like the navy of this stone. In real life it’s got gorgeous flashes of royal blue. It does look a little different inside but does not black out at all.
Sparkles steady blue inside and lights up like crazy outside.
So all thoughts welcome on the ring and on Thai sapphires in general.
Thanks! 4CB2D3BC-99BD-42CB-8102-BD8B9507186B.jpeg 127D30C5-680C-4995-8895-F3ECF2AC352D.jpeg F10A1524-2094-44CA-887B-8FD0E22B8653.jpeg F677AE26-058C-42F2-81CC-A4306DBDF9C8.jpeg

Very nice, I love it

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Both are stunning. But for me I will get the pink sapphire because it may be hard to find one in the future since it is so unique. The Diana style, it is easier to replicate any time you want.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh both are beautiful. Such a hard choice but it sounds like the pink is a harder stone to find something similar so I would go with that. Are both unheated?

My jeweler said it came in from an estate with a bunch of high-end designer Jewellery including a lot of Oscar Heyman.

@RunningwithScissors as she has been looking for Oscar Heyman stuff

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!
I was visiting my favorite jeweler and this stunning 3.99 carat oval sapphire caught my attention. The second I slipped it on my finger I felt like a princess and was smitten.
I always admired Diana’s sapphire e-ring as the epitome of classic classic classic but I had never tried one on.
This ring has the perfect combination of wowza factor yet it’s still super comfy!
I am seriously considering this ring!
It is GIA certified as heated from Thailand.
I’m wondering if anyone knows about Thai sapphires?
Quality?
I like the navy of this stone. In real life it’s got gorgeous flashes of royal blue. It does look a little different inside but does not black out at all.
Sparkles steady blue inside and lights up like crazy outside.
So all thoughts welcome on the ring and on Thai sapphires in general.
Thanks! 4CB2D3BC-99BD-42CB-8102-BD8B9507186B.jpeg 127D30C5-680C-4995-8895-F3ECF2AC352D.jpeg F10A1524-2094-44CA-887B-8FD0E22B8653.jpeg F677AE26-058C-42F2-81CC-A4306DBDF9C8.jpeg

It looks wonderful on your hand, like it was made for you
:appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I have never liked the so-called "Diana" ring - the Sapphire being too dark with no sparkle, the halo too small, and full of prongs.

Yours is much nicer, IMHO!

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh both are beautiful. Such a hard choice but it sounds like the pink is a harder stone to find something similar so I would go with that. Are both unheated?

@RunningwithScissors as she has been looking for Oscar Heyman stuff

Both are heated. Which is ok. If I could find unheated in my budget that would be fantastic but, alas, that’s not realistic.
It looks wonderful on your hand, like it was made for you
:appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds ...
Very nice, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I have never liked the so-called "Diana" ring - the Sapphire being too dark with no sparkle, the halo too small, and full of prongs.

Yours is much nicer, IMHO!

Personal preferences and all that.

Thank you @dk168 i agree it was never a style I actively sought out.
I truly love that ring. I’m just not 1000% sure about that tiny tint of grey in some environments. Am I being too picky???

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Which would you see yourself wearing more often and is more your style?

OMG - this one!! Definitely this one for me. Depends on what you have, and what you think you will legitimately wear more. But really, this one!

@Burmesedaze and @lizzydm26 i most definitely do not shy away from wearing big cocktail RHR ‘s on a daily basis but the blue Princess ring is super comfy. Not sure that answers anything.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @dk168 i agree it was never a style I actively sought out.
I truly love that ring. I’m just not 1000% sure about that tiny tint of grey in some environments. Am I being too picky???

I can only detect a hint of grey in some of your photos. ;-)

Colour preferences are very personal, and ocean blues are my blues of choice as seen in Aquas, Tourmalines and Zircons.

The kind of vibrant blues that I like in a Sapphire will cost an arm and a leg in mined stones, hence I only have a lab stone in an Asscher cut by Gary of Finewater Gems.

Enjoy your new ring as I believe it is lovely.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Not like you need a third choice but I saw this on IG today and wow it’s beautiful

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Ikr?! I don’t know how much the rings are that you’re looking at but this one is 7K which I think is pretty reasonable for a GIA 5 carat sapphire!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Ikr?! I don’t know how much the rings are that you’re looking at but this one is 7K which I think is pretty reasonable for a GIA 5 carat sapphire!

Agreed. Wow!
That’s about where I am price-wise so hmmmm....

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Yea!!!!
Thank you everyone.
After hemming and hawing, I went back today and pulled the trigger!
Princess Di is mine!
Just some quick snaps for now....

Attachments

• 8E4C57CB-8706-4E19-B3D9-1DEE443D06AA.jpeg
    8E4C57CB-8706-4E19-B3D9-1DEE443D06AA.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 714BBA1E-3F34-4EF9-AECC-A30AB08D9FD8.jpeg
    714BBA1E-3F34-4EF9-AECC-A30AB08D9FD8.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 27

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Yea!!!!
Thank you everyone.
After hemming and hawing, I went back today and pulled the trigger!
Princess Di is mine!
Just some quick snaps for now....

I was about to respond with my preference for the Princess Di ring. Yay you picked it!!

The ruby was beautiful but it's size was definitely a cocktail ring. With the Di ring you could wear her much more often :D She looks a millon bucks and from the sounds of it she makes you feel like it too! Excellent choice!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I think it is gorgeous and better than Di's/Middelton's ring. The surrounding diamonds are bigger :D!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you. We need more pics!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go. 6E7C9709-94DF-44A5-9092-637411956FDC.jpeg
Just hanging out with her in my denim cutoffs (second pic) and in the car just as the rain started here on the east coast.

Attachments

• F276D70E-B89A-4B27-BE8A-8199FCDE839A.jpeg
    F276D70E-B89A-4B27-BE8A-8199FCDE839A.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 20
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results