shape
carat
color
clarity

4.88 Lab Yellow Sapphire from Finewater Gems

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

So my yellow beauty finally got here. It is a beautiful shade of yellow, way better than the video (at bottom of post). It was rainy today so I only filmed inside. I'll try to get outside shots tomorrow. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. It would make a beautiful ring, but I don't usually wear rings that big on my right hand except for special occasions and I don't want this to sit in the drawer. So, I'm thinking of a pendant. Yellow Gold bezel set with a halo of bezel set diamonds. It would be big enough to be seen, but not to big to dress up a casual outfit. Something like this:
BG Halo.jpg Here is the image from Finewater Gems: Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 7.59.32 PM.png

What do you think??

4.88 Yellow Lab Sapphire

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh :kiss2: So beautiful! Halo pendant sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Love the halo idea, but personally I'd have it kite set for the pendant (heavily biased because I have a thing for kite set octagonal stones? Guilty as charged!).

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
No. that’s a great idea. I kite set my garnet ring and I love it. Thank you!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
OK I know you said pendant but my brain only thinks in rings, but this could be an idea for pendant as well. Yellow gold diamond band or halo?
heidi-klum-engagement-ring.jpg

Or have some mega fun and chunk it? The gypsy ring is ring inspo, the other could work in a pendant too.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.29 AM.png Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.41 AM.png Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.36 AM.png

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
OK I know you said pendant but my brain only thinks in rings, but this could be an idea for pendant as well. Yellow gold diamond band or halo?
heidi-klum-engagement-ring.jpg

Or have some mega fun and chunk it? The gypsy ring is ring inspo, the other could work in a pendant too.

Thanks. Lots to consider.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.29 AM.png Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.41 AM.png Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.36 AM.png

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I just think I will get more use out of it as a pendant. My daily rhr are relatively small so I wear them all the time and don't worry too much about them.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
This shade of yellow is really gorgeous. It is a new idea for me to make a pendant from a ring. A pendant will be good. Although I understand that a photo cannot convey all its beauty. It will definitely be suitable for everyday things and will look harmonious.

I don't quite know what you mean by making a pendant out of a ring. I would just be using the top of the ring for inspiration, but make it a pendant - Bezel set with halo. I know some people have made rings that they can (somehow) wear as a pendant. But this would just be a pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results