shape
carat
color
clarity

4.18 carat GIA certified greenish blue unheated sapphire

lonerwolfman

Rough_Rock
Hi All.
Just wanted to show everyone the engagement ring designed for my soon to be better half. She helped with the design and gem selection as i'm hopeless! we searched high and low for a greenish blue sapphire, non of the local dealers had it and the majority of them said that the colour did not exist.

Ended up finding the below 4.18 carat stone. Its a beautiful greenish blue colour when exposed to daylight and to top it off we had it certified by the GIA and its unheated :). Its now sitting in a platinum basket surrounded by a diamond and milgrain halo. The claws are rose gold and the base of the basket is covered with filigree. The entire ring is laser engraved

What does everyone think? more photos to come :)

_29045.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Thats a beautiful ring! Shes going to love it! :appl: Absolutely post more pics!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes more photos please!!! Congrats beautiful ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks like a nice deep lake. I love it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful! We need some more pictures! I would love to see the basket and the engraving please. It is a beautiful engagement ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring!! Great choice. I would love to see more pics.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: More photos please. :appl:

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow! Congratulations! Can we see more pictures?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it, your fiancée has great taste, the stone is well cut and I love the metallic blue color of the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really gorgeous! :love: I love the color and the cut looks really nice, too!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! :love: Congrats! She will definitely love that ring! Please post more pics!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning, but more pictures are needed! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I love that beautiful teal. Another vote for more photos please.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - the color of that stone is exquisite!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need more pictures! That's really pretty!!!

lonerwolfman

Rough_Rock
As promised
More Pictures

What does everyone think of the design? The initial draft concept had a rose gold basket but we changed this during the initial sketches, it now primarily sits in a platinum setting with rose gold arms and bezels around the tiny sapphires underneath!

Its also hard to imagine that this stone is the same one as above...seems to be that greenish colour indoors and that blueish colour outdoors. There's also hints of yellow from some angles.

backsmall.jpg

armsmall.jpg

tiltsmall.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MY GOSH!!! That is a amazing gallery and the engraving is perfect. Total perfection. I can't even come up with words to express how perfect that is. I adore a fancy gallery and a beautiful side view, and oh my but this one is over the top.. Wow wow and wow. That ring would be such a pleasure to look at every single day.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it. The stone color is beautiful and the setting is amazing. Love the detail work on the gallery!!! Congratulations. :appl:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Spectatular ring! Congratulations!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Come back and post handshots! :appl:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Bravo :appl:

Stunning ring....can't wait to see the hand shots.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that color is unbelievable. Makes me think of the ocean....

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like some incredible workmanship and detail, I think she will be blown away by it! :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that gallery is stunning!!! Please come back and post more pictures!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What? :-o Where did you get this fabulous stone?!! :shock:

I have been looking for exactly that color for ages. :love: :love: :love: Please tell us where you got the ring and the stone.

And post tons more pics, my keyboard isn't Completely covered in drool yet. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful detailing and gorgeous stormy ocean color sapphire! Who created the setting and set the stone for you? Where did you find the stone? Could we please oh please have more photos? :cheeky:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Another stunner!!! I'm catching up today and am overwhelmed by all the beauty here on Show Me the Bling! I absolutely love the detailed work on this ring and the small things that add up to a lot! For example, the rose gold prongs. Just amazing! :drool:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is unbelievable. So beautiful!! Congratulations!!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Back to ogle... hoping for more pics. Love the color of that unheated sapphire... very pretty!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING!! I want to read who made it etc, but my cat has parked himself directly in front of my computer. I'll look later....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results