shape
carat
color
clarity

4.16tcwt I SI1 diamond stud earings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

satelite

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,
Would love your help. I have a 2.06cwt I SI1 diamond ring that I have upgraded and now want to buy an identical
stone to make a pair of earings.
My question is how should I set them?
I am thinking studs that I can wear every day but unsure of whether to go martini or 4 claw. I have seen 4 claw with
the claws in the corners so that the diamonds look square on the ears but any other suggestions or photos would be
most appreciated.

Also I have my wedding band in yellow gold and diamonds, my upgraded ring in diamonds and yellow gold and
my tennis bracelet in white gold. Do you think its better to set the earings in yellow gold or white?
Thanks for any help.
Satelite

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re going to have studs that are 2cts each!?
23.gif
wowza.
with bigger stones i think more prongs are suitable. the 3prong would look totally disproportionate with a 2ct. stone. the 4claw prong would be a better choice.
as far as white or yellow gold...that''s so much a personal decision. i like the way wg blends into the stone and let''s it be the center of attention, but you sure won''t have that problem with 2cts rocks!

please post pics!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is easy to ''go fancy'' on such large earrings and the trick would be to make them stay straight and close to the ear - if set as studs. On high settings they will droop...

How about something like these?

498x375.aspx

satelite

Rough_Rock
I think you''re right and white gold are a better option.
Anyone else any ideas on best setting for this size diamond?
Thanks Vinka

satelite

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria,
They look interesting.
Of course the danger is that everyone will think theyre cz''s if I just get the plain setting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think lots of people will still think they are fake CZs anyway, regardless of whatever setting you put them in, so be prepared for that....!! That is a large size (yum!) so people will wonder.

But I love the idea of the 8 prong handmade martini, so yummy! Having tried those on, they are at the top of my list for large diamonds!!

satelite

Rough_Rock
Mara,
Is that the style Valeria just posted?
Vinka

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 1:23:38 AM
Author: satelite

Of course the danger is that everyone will think theyre cz''s if I just get the plain setting.
That''s one reason why I looked up a setting that is not quite common ... unless there are allot of handmade 8-prong studs in jewelry stores in your area, that I can''t know.

Sure enough, there''s allot one can do for a pair of 2 carat diamonds.

Do they have to be very ''every day''? And again... that depends on where you spend much of the time. Wearing diamond jewelry every day in my job would be out of the question (think field work in a low income country).

If not, these guys below seem rather easy to love:

e303-07W.jpg

And these are not studs, but is that a bad thing?

e026-13W.jpg

There are a few interesting earrings at Karen Bleifer Very much worth a look - the pictures are not suitable for posting (too big).

Just an idea.

I would surely agree that what the jewelry looks like overall helps allot withe the ''precious'' status.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Good God, you''re going to blind people with diamond earrings that size! What a wonderful dilemma to be in.

Valeria, those Leon Mege drop earrings are absolutely gorgeous. Top of my wish list!

satelite

Rough_Rock
Hi Valeria,
Those earings are gorgeous. I love the Karen Bleifer? site. The coloured stones are fabulous but I want to
wear them every day and they might be a bit too dressey. The drops are fabulous too but they may hang and make
my ear droop.
On Karen''s site there were a divine pair - just studs but embossed with diamonds on the claws. Don''t know how to
show them here. What do you think. To me they look spectacular. Simple yet surprising with the diamonds showing
from the side view.
Vinka

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 2:18:55 PM
Author: satelite

On Karen''s site there were a divine pair - just studs but embossed with diamonds on the claws.

I don''t think I can find them... probably looking fro the wrong thing
38.gif

''Fancy'' prongs sound like a great idea from your description.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure you have tried on 2 carat studs... They will be ginormous! lol
I would go with something similar to the one pictured above from Leon Mege (not the stud ones.. do they have to be studs?
28.gif
)
Although they are not studs, they do not dangle as much since they are right under the edge of your ears but with movement I think they''d sparkle even more. So very beautiful.

satelite

Rough_Rock
Good point. Haven''t tried them on but have found with similar earings they pull on my earlobs and get uncomfortable.
Valeria the picture is about 5th or 6th one down on the opening page of Karen''s web page. A stud earing with diamond
claws.

satelite

Rough_Rock
Wrong. Just checked they are diamond drops 5cts plus the one underneath diamond drops gallery view. What do you think?
Vinka

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well ... Oprah has what look to be 6-7 carat pear dangles in each ear ... I don''t think the Leon Mege 2ct danglers would pull on your ear too much. I''d vote those with the 8 prong martini handmade ones 2nd.

Whether they look like czs or not to people will have to do with how YOU look in them, not in the setting necessarily. Just my 2cents.

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
Hi I know this thread is over but after checking out the beautiful Karen Bleifer earrings mentioned I just had to add them so I can look back over the thread and dream...
Diamond Drops 5 ct each:

5CtEachDiamondDrops1aaaa.jpg

harassed24.7

Rough_Rock
another view:

5CtDiamondDropsGalleryView-bbbb.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 9:31:30 AM
Author: harassed24.7
Hi I know this thread is over but after checking out the beautiful Karen Bleifer earrings mentioned I just had to add them so I can look back over the thread and dream...
Diamond Drops 5 ct each:
HOLY MOLY!!!!!

I wonder if satelite ever found her other stone and got them set!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results