shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct+ Round LGD, GIA/GCAL cert, HPHT

Mrs_Shepard

Rough_Rock
Hey there,
New to learning about LGD, and new to the site.
I am looking for a 3+ct, Round, that is HPHT, above H, SVV1 or 2. I’ve now spent over a month searching every site imaginable, scrolling and clicking and reading all the reports, and feel as though I’m going cross eyed. I just want the search to be over so I can enjoy my big sparkly upgrade.
My budget is around 5-7k, no more than 8k with the setting.
Please help!
So much thanks in advance!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Hello and welcome! @DejaWiz and @Kim N are great at this, and can probably easily find what you are looking for at a better price point than me, but here's a start! Congratulations on the upcoming upgrade.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are HPHT with IGI reports. The first one is the one that I would get if it were for me.

I would want to see an ASET image for this one.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello and welcome! @DejaWiz and @Kim N are great at this, and can probably easily find what you are looking for at a better price point than me, but here's a start! Congratulations on the upcoming upgrade.

I really like the 3.49.

Mrs_Shepard

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I will take a look at these this afternoon/evening. I so appreciate your promptness and willingness to help me!

Mrs_Shepard

Rough_Rock
I would choose the 3.28, as I prefer E VS1 to F VVS2, and the 3.28 costs significantly less for only 0.2mm smaller.

Okay! Also, is there a difference or a benefit to having a diamond certified by GIA or GCAL rather than IGI?

Mrs_Shepard

Rough_Rock
I know I'm being super detailed and kind of picky, but my current earth diamond is a 1.3 H color, and I kind of like the warmth of it, especially on my yellow gold band. Do you think an E will feel "cold"?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay! Also, is there a difference or a benefit to having a diamond certified by GIA or GCAL rather than IGI?

IGI may be slightly softer in color and clarity, but not always. Inked had an IGI G VS2 recut, and it was re-graded as an F VS1 by GIA.

I know I'm being super detailed and kind of picky, but my current earth diamond is a 1.3 H color, and I kind of like the warmth of it, especially on my yellow gold band. Do you think an E will feel "cold"?

It's possible that the F would suit you better, but I also don't think there will be a huge difference between an IGI E and a GIA F.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just purchased the 3.28, and customized the 6 prong solitaire to have a platinum head! I’ll keep you posted!! Eeeek! I’m so excited!!!
Thank you for your help!

That's fantastic, I'm excited for you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when it arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results