shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct heart diamond in halo - help!

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have wanted this ring for a long time. Does it resemble the ring from the Pretty Pretty Princess game? Yes. Do some find it tacky as hell? Also yes. So much hate for hearts!! But y'all, its been years and I cant shake it. Its the exact opposite of my engagement ring (simple Tiffany solitaire, just shy of 1.5 carats) but what fun it would be to have both. I know the lab world has come a long way, but for an upgrade ring I want mined....

This one was an I, eye clean SI1. The pricetag is 51k, but honestly I think I could get it made for less. It held a lot of color, even at the jewelry store. I'm thinking to go for G atleast. I dont see color at all in my H MRB... it must just be the heart cut. Who would I work with on this? I have been pleased with ID Jewelry/ Yukuteil. I live in the south, and its expensive for the local jewelers to get whopping diamonds in... I think even with the flight to NYC, it would be easier to see options in person there. I'd love to pick the diamond in person, not from a video.

Any support for or tips for my pretty pretty princess dreams?? (this video appears desaturated, idk why, but you get the idea)
IMG_7426.jpg

video her

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok first of all I frigging love a gaudy heart too so who cares if it’s tacky get it girl.
Second, yeah absolutely that’s a wild amount of money for that size.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe have this moved to rocky talky but I’m happy to help look for a more reasonable version. We’re you ok with the price but wanted bigger or were you looking for something less expensive ?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I was a former heart-hater, but now I love them. Fully support your idea and working with IDJ. Just another setting idea; I have a friend with a large heart in a setting like this and I think it’s a nice balance between fanciful and classic.
IMG_6318.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I second moving to Rocky Talky - hit report concern and ask it to be moved. You will get lots of feedback there. And yes I think you could do better in terms of price ! Also idk about the one pictured being an I - the second pic it almost looks champagne. I also love the heart idea!

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I
maybe have this moved to rocky talky but I’m happy to help look for a more reasonable version. We’re you ok with the price but wanted bigger or were you looking for something less expensive ?

I think the size is perfect. I just want a better quality stone, for less money ha. In the 30ish k bracket perhaps?

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, I was a former heart-hater, but now I love them. Fully support your idea and working with IDJ. Just another setting idea; I have a friend with a large heart in a setting like this and I think it’s a nice balance between fanciful and classic.
IMG_6318.jpeg

The HW style was my original thought but damn the melee is just so twinkly!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Love the halo on this! It's the perfect size. Jewelry is meant for the wearer to enjoy. Trends come and go so go with what you love! Looking forward to seeing this project come to life!

My friend’s engagement ring is a halo heart and it’s absolutely lovely. I highly recommend the halo over the side stones!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved heart cut diamonds, being a hopeless romantic deep down.

My next diamond purchase to add to my right hand ring collection is most likely to be a heart cut under 1ct in earth-mined diamond.

However, IMHO, and I am not an expert, 51k for a 1.5ct I SI1 is OTT.

The ring setting does not look complicated being a halo with diamonds, therefore, I believe a competent bench should be able to make something similar at a more reasonable price less than 51k for a complete ring.

DK :))

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I've always loved hearts. I know they don't float everyone's boat. But to me, the cut always makes me think of the magnificent solitaire necklace of Elizabeth Taylor. Do what makes your heart happy.

I remember @Polabowla has a lovely heart ring from Graff.

Here are a few images of heart rings I've collected over the years. Some of them belong to PSers, others not. One of them is a Victor Canera. Enjoy and keep us posted!

yellow heart ring.png

victor heart.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 10.41.18 PM copy.png

I believe the following one is @Polabowla 's:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.04.29 PM copy.png

And I recall this one belongs to @Rubies-R-Me :

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 4.30.51 PM copy.png

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wanted this ring for a long time. Does it resemble the ring from the Pretty Pretty Princess game? Yes. Do some find it tacky as hell? Also yes. So much hate for hearts!! But y'all, its been years and I cant shake it. Its the exact opposite of my engagement ring (simple Tiffany solitaire, just shy of 1.5 carats) but what fun it would be to have both. I know the lab world has come a long way, but for an upgrade ring I want mined....

This one was an I, eye clean SI1. The pricetag is 51k, but honestly I think I could get it made for less. It held a lot of color, even at the jewelry store. I'm thinking to go for G atleast. I dont see color at all in my H MRB... it must just be the heart cut. Who would I work with on this? I have been pleased with ID Jewelry/ Yukuteil. I live in the south, and its expensive for the local jewelers to get whopping diamonds in... I think even with the flight to NYC, it would be easier to see options in person there. I'd love to pick the diamond in person, not from a video.

Any support for or tips for my pretty pretty princess dreams?? (this video appears desaturated, idk why, but you get the idea)
IMG_7426.jpg

video her

I absolutely would get a heart and halo the heck out of it!:kiss2:
Love that ring and a heart shaped stone is truly enhanced by a halo.
Just gorgeous!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and one last idea on how to set.. NOT my ring but I saw it and fell in love.
Large stone.. I think it was almost 4 carats set with 2 pears on the side. Soooooooo gorgeous!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5950.png
    IMG_5950.png
    649 KB · Views: 11
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results