shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct cushion cut, opinions?

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I’m a newbie about to purchase the following stone.

Just wondering if anyone had any overall opinions on the stone/cut based on the limited images and GIA report. Or if there’s something I might be missing?

Thanks in advance!

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
Hello newbie! Looking at the GIA cert, there is some bulkiness that is taking away from the the face-up dimensions- I.e I think you can get a larger face up appearance if you went with a different cut cushion. There is a little bit of mush going on in the middle, with brightness mainly coming from the edges.

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks very much. I might have to keep looking. Appreciate your insight.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @pupmen ,

This stone is not cut well and has a ton of leakage. In general, just not a pretty stone.

Depending on your budget you may need to go down in size to get something decent.

If you need help looking, let us know your specs and budget/wishes.

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Thanks, good to know. I would really appreciate help looking (I have no idea what I’m doing as you can tell).

Ideally looking for a cushion cut around 2.7-3ct, eye clean SI2, I or better color. Hoping to spend around $25,000. I’d greatly appreciate any thoughts or specific recommendations!

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on these ones below? Which one is your favourite @tyty333? How about you @PearCraze? Am I getting closer? :)

EClove

Shiny_Rock
I’m not an expert in cushion cuts so hoping others can weight in here. I like the look of this one (crisp facets, doesn’t look like any dead spots) but it does have string Fluor

This is my favorite one I’ve found on JA but it’s hard to tell cut on these videos. Most look really mushy. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.52-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-13970406

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
of the ones linked I like the Frank Darling one the best for the cut.

I don't see a lot out there. Here's a few that look like they are not mushy but the SI1 says additional clouds not shown.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not an expert in cushion cuts so hoping others can weight in here. I like the look of this one (crisp facets, doesn’t look like any dead spots) but it does have string Fluor

This is my favorite one I’ve found on JA but it’s hard to tell cut on these videos. Most look really mushy. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.52-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-13970406

The Frank Darling stone is available on Blue Nile for a bit less too.

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. Is that a fair price?

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
Also make sure you get Rakuten, you can save some more on these sites :)

pupmen

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think the strong blue flour is a concern with the D color?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results