shape
carat
color
clarity

35-36" white round strand decisions

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 Hi! Yes, I mail them myself directly to Mikimoto in NYC (I do not go through an authorized Mikimoto dealer due to a bad experience I had doing that with a Rolex watch). I restring mine it seems about every 2-3 years or if I notice the knots are getting loose from wear. I restring all of them at the same frequency even for the ones I do not wear often such as much 18” if only to keep them fresh. I also use the wipe cloth and wipe them down after I take the pearls off each time I wear them.

The new 42” strand of pearls you purchased sound nice! I never tuck my shirts in either and I agree a bit longer strand seems to look better on me. I bet the 38” and 42” will look great together!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Miki Moto My 42" strand came this weekend. I really like the length! I honestly had no intention whatsoever of wearing the two strands together, but I tried them, and you are exactly right that they are the perfect length to wear together! I also thought it wouldn't look right to have the smaller pearls longer, but I actually like that, too! This is not a great picture due to being taken at night, but you can get an idea. I may give this experimental strand to my daughter and get Pearls of Joy to make me a 42" strand since they were able to access the white pearls. But for now, these look fine to wear together.

38in.and42in..jpg

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! I love them! They look fabulous on you and the strands hit at the perfect length! They draped so nicely on you... just gorgeous! The sizes are perfect also, and they will look great together or single.
The swing is going to be beautiful as you walk and move.

I have looked at our photo at least 10 times... with a smile on my face... the length and sizes are perfect! Great choices!

They are just gorgeous and you look great wearing them! Casual elegant chic! I am so happy for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the great advice! I expect there may be more pearls in my future since I have finally figured out lengths and pearl sizes!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was reading on a different thread someone was looking at pre-owned diamonds. One PSer responded with a link to a site called 1stdibs that sells pre-owned jewelry . I happened to be browsing and thought about you saying earlier you might consider pre-owned...

I have no idea about this website and have no idea if they are real or not. But if they are real (and this site does look legitimate), the price is a great price. I expect this was a custom strand as the 40" length is rare.

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...earl-gold-40-inch-long-necklace/id-j_1156592/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s incredible! Aside from being in a higher price range than I’d be comfortable with, I really have decided that 8.5-9mm is as large as I want to go in a long strand. I could do a larger short strand, but I just think I’ll get so much more wear out of long ones. I love seeing it, though! Thank you!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your two strand combo looks fabulous @diamondseeker! And wow are they ever white! The luster is really nice too. I hope you get a lot of wear out of them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your two strand combo looks fabulous @diamondseeker! And wow are they ever white! The luster is really nice too. I hope you get a lot of wear out of them!

Thank you! I was surprised at how white they both were compared to my Freshadama earrings! I am sure I will wear them a lot this summer! Thanks so much for all your help! I am sure I'll be back on this forum!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results