shape
carat
color
clarity

34 ct Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been searching for an aqua and noticed that many of them are very large. They are cut and polished. Could I have them re-cut? Make two smaller stone? Make a scepter and pretend I am queen?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How large a size are you looking for?

What shape?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t bother most likely with buying a huge stone and getting it recut. Why not just look for one in the size that you want? Reasonable sizes are readily available, too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precisiongem.com has some smaller ones on his aqua page. He has a beautiful 3 carat one sitting there right now.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
And who says that such a large stone wouldn't lighten in color considerably after the re-cut? Why not search in other varieties with light blue stones available?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Exactly. And it would probably be way more cost-effective to get a small:

- ceylon type sapphire
- blue spinel
- blue zircon
- or maybe even light blue tanzanite (if not for an everyday ring)

than a huge aqua, just to have it re-cut.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the info! I was just really surprised to see so many large stones. I will stick with the size I want. I will look at the stones you suggested Ma Ra. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just one word of advice - be careful from who and where you buy a sapphire. Simplysapphires.com has a nice large supply of sapphires, some are light blue as well. Blue spinels tend to be very grey in color, it's hard to find a nice blue one without a grey modifier. Zircons are also kind of soft, so you need to be careful with it in a ring.

Well maybe that was more than one word of advice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most aqua shades are very light, the choices offered by Ma Re are good but the blue is different. It isn''t easy to find a light blue spinel without a gray modifier and blue zircons tend to have a greenish hue to them. They are also too soft as a daily worn ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really difficult to find an aqua blue stone other than an aqua. I have an aqua colored tourmaline, but those are kind of hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results