carat
color
clarity

30th Bday Pressie: Diamond Turtle Pendant

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DK will work with me to create a sea turtle pendant!!! :appl::appl::appl:

I'll need to supply the stone. Any stone suggestions would be very much appreciated! Please let me know if you think I'll get more suggestions if I create a new thread :mrgreen2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll need to supply the stone. Any stone suggestions would be very much appreciated! Please let me know if you think I'll get more suggestions if I create a new thread :mrgreen2:

Maybe diamonds by lauren?

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Look at Caleb Quashen on IG. He has had loose rose cuts lately.

Or look at Old World Diamonds. Adam has had rose cuts in too.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I'm so happy that you've found someone who's going to make it for you, it's going to be stunning!

Things happen for a reason perhaps? His loss anyway.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
The turtle is precious and I am so excited you will have one made. Alex and his wife were having their first baby on Thursday... I think he is not taking new custom orders because he is a one man operation and needs to finish his backlog while taking time off with a newborn. I suspect he may be able to supply the rose cut stone but not the setting until he catches up. He recently had a lower color rose cut parcel at what I expect was incredible pricing. If not Alex, I would look for another jeweler in the NYC diamond district who deals in interesting cuts. Everything in the world comes through 47th street. I just completed a wonderful holy grail diamond + ring purchase with Alex which I will post soon and just wanted to share the context as I understand it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The turtle is precious and I am so excited you will have one made. Alex and his wife were having their first baby on Thursday... I think he is not taking new custom orders because he is a one man operation and needs to finish his backlog while taking time off with a newborn. I suspect he may be able to supply the rose cut stone but not the setting until he catches up. He recently had a lower color rose cut parcel at what I expect was incredible pricing. If not Alex, I would look for another jeweler in the NYC diamond district who deals in interesting cuts. Everything in the world comes through 47th street. I just completed a wonderful holy grail diamond + ring purchase with Alex which I will post soon and just wanted to share the context as I understand it.
Except that doesn't explain why he chose to do a give away rather than sell to the OP. I wouldn't buy from him if I were her

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Except that doesn't explain why he chose to do a give away rather than sell to the OP. I wouldn't buy from him if I were her

Since when do we become SO important that a vendor needs to explain his decision to us. What have we become?... :eek-2:

I hope the world extends you the same courtesy as you have extended others.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've that big 30th birthday coming up in less than two months and I finally think I know what I want to commemorate the birthday!!! First I thought DH and I would go on a trip, but it doesn't really work with our schedules. We also are planning a big trip to the Galapagos next year, so I'm not super itching to travel.

Parks Fine Group posted this adorable rose cut sea turtle on insta about a week ago and it sold almost immediately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyFcPnlokM/?igshid=1bzazb1fwr4zz

20190721_084815.jpg

Like how cute is that!!! I fell in love hard - it's so classy and different! DH and I lived on Oahu for about a year and a half, and we only moved away begrudgingly. We love snorkeling and marine life, and I miss it so much. It'd be nice to have a blingy representation of my favorite hobby, especially now that I can't do it nearly as often. Somehow DH is totally on board with this purchase, even though it's way more than we typically spend on birthday presents. I guess he's a sucker for turtles too :lol-2:

I reached out to Alex and he's making another soon. I asked if I could call dibs, or if the best thing to do is watch his page. He said it's first come first serve, so to watch his page. BUT now I'm so nervous I'm gonna miss out on it again!

Do you think another jeweler could make something in a similar vein? Not a copy, but their take on a sea turtle with a rose cut for the shell? If so, who would you recommend?

Or is my best bet obsessively checking IG until I secure my precious???

That is the cutest damn pendant ever! I absolutely LOVE it! I especially love how the rose cut works with the shape!
I really hope folks on here help you out. Or, that you've got quick fingers and can successfully purchase this lovely piece!!!!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
He did have a since removed IG post about doing a penguin.
Many suggestions about other animals and how to do the penguin differently.
Maybe that’s what he’s avoiding?
Who knows.

A penguin you say???????????
You wouldn't be able to pull up that post despite it being deleted in the bowels of the interwebs?
I'd absolutely LOVE to see the penguin....and maybe try to get my hands on one. I wouldn't mind seeking out another jeweler as well! :D

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe he had already announced the giveaway? If so, he would be right not to cancel the giveaway and sell it. Just a thought.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since when do we become SO important that a vendor needs to explain his decision to us. What have we become?... :eek-2:

Wow, that was extremely unnecessary. This vendor hasn't been particularly helpful to the OP (and has said other rude things to different posters). If I were her, that would make me not want to buy from him. I don't think that's an unreasonable feeling.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your post really confuses me Joelly. Last I understood, customers are "SO important" to businesses selling goods... customers are what make them money! l

Maybe there is a backstory, however without one the story reads: business sells jewelry. Customer wants to buy jewelry. Business says no. ???

ponyrider

Rough_Rock

Its not about "being SO important". Its about customer service. He gave the OP no explanation. I would not support that type of (or lack of) customer service. If you choose to, that is your choice.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wouldn't be able to pull up that post despite it being deleted in the bowels of the interwebs?
I'd absolutely LOVE to see the penguin....and maybe try to get my hands on one. I wouldn't mind seeking out another jeweler as well! :D

@cflutist he might do a penguin! :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I lack wayback-machine skills to pull up deleted inter web info.
Possibly I could have hallucinated it. It was his/a sketch only, stating it was in the works and sketch had been already heavily simplified to work IRL.
Anyone else happen to see this?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I lack wayback-machine skills to pull up deleted inter web info.
Possibly I could have hallucinated it. It was his/a sketch only, stating it was in the works and sketch had been already heavily simplified to work IRL.
Anyone else happen to see this?
You didn't hallucinate! I saw it too and thought it was cute. I was excited to see it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think more of his Instagram posts have been removed. A certain honking marquise one is gone. Someone wanted to inquire on it. Was told by someone else it wasn’t available for sale to the public. But that same someone else mentioned on another thread that they themselves were interested in buying that same honking marquise.
Sometime life is funny that way.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Alex Park just announced on his IG he is doing the turtle giveaway in celebration of his new baby.

I know this doesn't help the OP @Ontheblackrock15, but I hope you at least don't feel like you were turned down for no reason.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm inclined to ask admin. to remove this whole thread. I can't see an oval, or pear, or even trillion diamond now without thinking "turtle".

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

I choked on my drink :lol:

Lol. I followed this thread, and I thought the turtle pendant was so cute! And while I have no plans for a turtle (or anything right now, for that matter) it invaded my psyche like a virus or something. I was clicking over to Gem Shopping during commercials of the shows I was watching last night, and they had the Opal Hunter on. I like watching him because of all the colored diamonds he brings on, and I'm not kidding - every pear, every oval and a trillion that had a short side that was kind of rounded, I thought "turtle", even though they weren't rose cut. I loved the "J" you picked, and if I was doing a turtle, I'd be all over that one that the-Mother-Thing posted. I can't wait to see the finished product. :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I'm too late, but you could also reach out to Sally at Hearts of Water, she made me frog once that was divine and all the items are hand made and they can also source stones. I think the turtle would also look awesome with a rose cut moonstone that had a blue sheen like the water.

Some examples of her "animals"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/26968158/frog-moon-sterling-silver-pendant-with?ref=shop_home_active_19

https://www.etsy.com/listing/77850606/baby-seahorse-in-sterling-silver-with

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I'm too late, but you could also reach out to Sally at Hearts of Water, she made me frog once that was divine and all the items are hand made and they can also source stones. I think the turtle would also look awesome with a rose cut moonstone that had a blue sheen like the water.

Some examples of her "animals"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/26968158/frog-moon-sterling-silver-pendant-with?ref=shop_home_active_19

https://www.etsy.com/listing/77850606/baby-seahorse-in-sterling-silver-with

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'm already working with DK but thanks for thinking of me!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to post an update to say that there's absolutely no hard feelings on my end, and without the initial turtle post I would've never gotten the idea to have this as my bday present! Really looking forward to my custom pendant, and I'm loving the ability to tweak the design to be exactly what I want. So in retrospect I'm really thankful this is working out the way it has! I've already purchased a stone that I'm impatiently waiting to arrive and working with DK on the CADs. I'm updating my other thread with the progress, so would appreciate feedback and comments from anyone interested in helping me :kiss2:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-rose-cut-pear-diamond.250433/

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just forwarded this to my DH. Let's see if he'll bite on this one.

Thanks so much for the link! If all works out, I might be doing some mod shots soon enough!
Then again, we have been saving for some HG earrings from Van Cleef (and a trip to Florence for xmas :P2), so I don't know if this will be part of the budget :D
My goodness I love it though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results