shape
carat
color
clarity

$30 gemology appraisal saved me a big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the great advice I''ve received on Pricescope which I''ve taken. i''d like to add a bit of advice which saved me a lot of money.

I was very close buying an I colored EGL graded stone. I took it to be checked out by an independent gemologist. The stone turned out to be, not just a "J", but a "K" colored stone. The difference in price was thousands of dollars from what it truly was.

We''ve been reading on Pricescope to be wary of EGL graded stones and through my experience I now know one of the reasons.

Hope this helps.

appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is good when people like yourself come on here and let people know the results of your research like this. It helps people better understand why gemologist's like myself and others say what we do.

Peace,
Rhino

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
The difference in price was thousands of dollars from
what it truly was.
-----------

It does my heart good to hear you relate this story. So many people have such a hard time splitting with a relatively minor amount of money (compared to their potential purchase) for a competent appraisal.

Yet time and time again, I have seen clients save thousands of dollars by taking the time and spending the money to get an appraisal before committing.

It's a basic, which should be a integral part of the purchasing process. Informed second opinion's are always good, no matter what the product is.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mike,

Its good to know how you averted a potentially
inaccurate diamond purchase.

I think its important for all diamond consumers to have their stones checked, just to stay on the safe side.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results