shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone Truffle or Lattice style rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannanicering

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking to buy an engagement ring in the next month and a half and am drawn to Vatche's truffle setting (for rounds) and Jeff Cooper's lattice settings (looks like a three stone version of Tiffany's Lucida, but with round stones). I am also planning on buying the diamonds and hopefully the setting on the web.

Where my confusion lies is in my options for the proportions of side stones to center stone ratios available in these settings. I like the ratio of .50 TW sides (.25 on each side) to 1 carat center stone, BUT I'm looking at a 1.5 carat center stone, so I'm thinking around .75 TW for sides. I have noticed that in Vatche's three stone, round truffle rings, the 1 carat center maintains this proportion, but that when you move up to a 1.25 or 1.50 carat center, then the sides are a 1.00 TW - which are proportions I do not like (they compete too much with the center stone for my taste). And, I can't seem to find the information on Jeff Cooper's proportions and options for his 3 stone, round lattice setting for different carat sizes.

I really don't want to get involved in a custom setting if i don't have to. Does anyone know the proportion options, or have advice on what they think looks best? OR know of another setting manufactorer who has a stock setting in the ratio I am looking for, in a similiar design, of course?
Thanks so much!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it's possible that one of those manufacturers would make the ring in the proportions you prefer without charging more. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results