shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone ring...Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
When I got engaged my mother gave me a beautiful pink oval sapphire ring surrounded by baguettes in a platinum setting. The ring although beautiful is not my style. I am thinking about changing the setting into a 3 stone ring of some sort for my right hand. I also have two loose rbc''s at .50 carats each. Do you think an oval would look out of sorts flanked by round diamonds? The sapphire is about 1.5 carats but since sapphires are cut deep they look somewhat smaller than their carat weight.

I have one friend who told me that it would only look good with oval diamonds or trilliants, but not with rounds.

What would you all think if I set the sapphire east/west position instead of north/south?

I would very much appreciate your opinions.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I like an oval set on it's side as well as the north/south position. I think the rounds would look gorgeous next to the oval, and in fact, that is what I would put with the oval as my first choice. The pink saphire flanked by two round sounds INCREDIBLE!
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the size of the sapphire? (just width X length of face up)? it would help making a little drawing, I guess. And the diamonds? it sounds like the perfect combination though! I am already dreaming about a 3 stone with baguettes on shank...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results