shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone ring color matching. Pair 2-carat 'G' (ACA) w/ .7 carat 'D' stones?

la_rey

Rough_Rock
Looking to create a three-stone ring pairing a 2 carat G color ACA with .7 carat lab-grown side stones. WF primarily has D color lab grown stones.
  • How easy will it be to perceive this color difference given the stone sizes?
    • Depending on how obvious this color difference is, I have two concerns:
      • The D color side stones will make the center stone appear more colored by comparison and stand out to others (I don't think this is likely)
      • The D color side stones will make the center stone appear more colored by comparison and it'll bug my potential spouse over the decades to come.
  • Additionally, is this color difference a 'tacky' thing to do?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big are the stones? Most people won't see a difference depending on size and shape

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit. I can't read haha. With smaller side stones (.7) you likely won't see a difference.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If WF is making the ring you could ask for pics of a large G ACA with a smaller D(s) to see what it the combo will look like.
I dont think it would be an issue for me*. You will probably see a color difference but the different sizes of the
stone will come in to play and help with the distraction. The sides will most likely be at an angle which will also come
into play.

WF has 2 .75ish G lab stones. They also have several F-colored lab stones in your range so I'm not sure what the issue is over.
Have you talked to WF?

la_rey

Rough_Rock
If WF is making the ring you could ask for pics of a large G ACA with a smaller D(s) to see what it the combo will look like.
I dont think it would be an issue for me*. You will probably see a color difference but the different sizes of the
stone will come in to play and help with the distraction. The sides will most likely be at an angle which will also come
into play.

WF has 2 .75ish G lab stones. They also have several F-colored lab stones in your range so I'm not sure what the issue is over.
Have you talked to WF?

Thank you for the reply!

You are correct that there are .75 G & F stones listed on WF's website. I accidentally overlooked these stones because my query had the 'ready to ship' filter turned on - i.e. only showing stones w/ H&A, IS, & ASET images readily available.

I'll request H&A / IS / ASET data for the non ready to ship stones. Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk to WF and see what else they have coming in or what they might be able to get for you if you are looking for more
Ideal H&A stones.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of that will come down to who is viewing it. There are some who are so color sensitive they could immediately pick up the difference.

Others of us have an inability to see much color difference unless it is extreme.

Which camp do you fall into? If you don’t know then I would try to see as many stones as you possibly can in person (and loose, if possible) to get a feel for what you can tolerate in color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results