shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Oval Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherExplorer

Rough_Rock
I finally convinced my girlfriend to help me out in my search for a diamond and try on some rings at a local jeweler this weekend. While I was planning on buying an Asscher, my girlfriend fell in love with a three diamond oval ring in a beautiful, handcrafted seting. The center diamond is 1.87 ct, D color, SI clarity, 60.0% depth, 59% table and faint fluorescence. The two side stones have a total weight of 1.2 ct and the jeweler says they are D, VS but they are not certificated. The jeweler is asking for $22,000 for the ring. The jeweler''s prices on an asscher and round stone rings (two cuts on which I''ve done more research) were very fair, but I''d be very interested in hearing whether others think this is a fair price for the three stone ring. Also, should I be concerned that the side stones are not certificated or that the diamond has some fluoresence? I am willing to pay somewhat of a premium because I love the setting and am eager to end my ring search, but this ring is stretching my budget and I don''t want to pay too much of a premium. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

taylor

Rough_Rock
I have a 2.15 GIA Certified Oval (I am looking to sell by the way for wholesale cost of $10,000) I was going to get 2 ovals on either side totalling 1.00ct. I was quoted $3500 for the 2-.50 SI1-G oval side stones. Add in the price of the middle stone and plat setting your looking at $15k max
So yes I think you can do much better than the 22K you got quoted. Email me at [email protected] if your interested in the magnificent center stone I have for 10K. I can email you pictures, certificate..etc..I am located in Chicago..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results