shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone for a 2.5ct...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
So I thought the madness would end with the elusive 2.5 Ideal but guess what the irony is the setting decision is worse. I'm hoping this won't take me forever since I'm supposed to call next week with a decision so please save my diamond from collecting dust in a vendor's vault...

After going blind looking at every pic on Pricescope here's my top two contenders for a basket setting:

Option 1 - KittyTiger's beauty with smaller rounds... so maybe I do .33-40ct sides???:
newset7.jpg

Option 2 - Shoeshopper's beauty with larger rounds... so maybe I do .50-.60 sides??:
1098.jpg

By the way my husband thinks I'm nuts...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Join the club! Most of our husbands think we''re nuts!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Actually, I think the 3-stone options are endless and you need to decide what "look" you like best. I have seen your size center stone with 1 carat on each size and it was striking. Then again, I have seen it with .33 to .50, and that was lovely, too.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller side stones, but that is just because I like the center stone to stand out a lot.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Tiger Kitty''s ring is about 2.70 ish I think.
Do you recall shoeshopper''s center stone wt?

What size ring do you wear? Which looks more appealing to you?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Ugggh I got disconnected from the internet from my own foot... Imagine the horrors of not being able to post on Pricescope (lol).

Ok I probably should mention that I don't have alot of "finger real estate" with a size 5 so anything above .75 is probably pushing it.

Sevens - Shoeshopper was about 2.12

My 2.5 measures around 8.9 me thinks

Can't decide.. Can't decide.. the @$%^ pressure

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think Tiger''s fingers are extremely small.
Why not go for something in the middle of those two choices. Either way you''ve got yourself a winning design.

Can''t wait to see it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My center stone is 2.22 and the sides are a total of .66 - .33 each side. This was a three stone mounting upgrade from .33 total with a 2.02 center stone. I like the proportions of my ring as I wanted the side stones to compliment - not compete - with the center stone. It is real hard in my opinion to just come up with stone sizes. Can you find some semi mount rings to try on with a CZ the size of your center stone?

Can you tell us about your 2.5 stone?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmmmmmm..... My brain must be fried.. I probably should just go the middle of the road & choose .45 or heck .50 sides.

Of course, I could just hide under my blankets and avoid my vendor.. The very adult way to handle an important decision.
32.gif

Stone stat's

2.57ct
F vs2

If it sounds familiar MGR it's because I liked your diamond measurements ALOT... Saw it in person it's a beauty

Well, I'm off to have a glass of wine & pass out. I'm brain fried & three stoned out.

Keeep the opinions coming.. Thanks.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the .45 would go nicely with a 2.5 - if you want the side stones to ''accent'' rather than be a perfectly proportioned three stone ring.

Just curious - when did you see my ring? I''m drawing a blank!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
MGR - Ooops I was tired last night & should have said - "saw my diamond in person".... Sorry if I confused yah with my misprint and nope I''m not going to suddenly pop out from some dark alley behind you (lol). Just liked the specs & accompanying pics like yours & some others that had similar specs on table, depth etc.

Ok here''s my latest 3-stone find from Firenze - but I''d probably make changes:

1-3.jpg
2-4.jpg

I''m probably thinking .45 to .50 each sides to not overwhelm the center & maybe a couple of smaller melee on the sides. Decisions, Decisions.

Diam100

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dunno if something like THIS helps - better version 3D and taking ring size into account might still be easier than hunting down real stones to try out. Anyway, the jeweler who will make the ring could easily show you a couple of options for you to decide - although it may be better to narrow down the range beforehand - not many would have 10 different matched pairs of sides for demonstration.
2.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to narrow done my choices so I don't drive the poor guy nuts. Plus, I want to make sure I get this done right the first time - meaning I don't want to second guess myself. This is my 2nd & last upgrade because ladies & gentlemen I have other diamond buying needs. Like a new diamond sparkly necklace, bracelet, resetting my RHR & setting a 9ct loose Tanzanite I've had in my draw for a good 14 years (ok don't flog me about it - I darn well forgot it was there).

Valeria- Thanks that does help!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes sense - couldn''t figure out where we might have crossed paths. Course, you never know - one of these days we might at a PS get together!

I know the feeling of wanting to be done - I guess you just need to check out all of your options before deciding - so you can make the best decision you can. There are lots of three stone rings out there - and lots of choices. That''s what makes it so hard!

What size stone are you upgrading from?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
My original I''m keeping is a 1.7 F VS1 with little pear sides (can''t remember the side weights):
rinpic1.jpg

I had to go up to a 2.5ct just to feel like I had something close in size to my pear. Us Fancy owners get a real wake up call when trying to upgrade to Round with a different visual size look & price jump.
29.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not 2.5cts (or 3!) pear ?
30.gif
... even the 1.7 looks quite impressive on your finger, and these guys, the larger they are, the more brilliant too
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That 1.7 pear is pretty impressive! What are you going to do with it? With its spread it does take a big RB to be equivalent!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like shoestoppers ring with the bigger rounds. But whatever you choose, it will be beautiful.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Valeria - I tried a coworkers 4 ct Pear & let me tell you I could have used that thing as a weapon! Much too big for my finger comfortability factor. Plus I already have a pear so I don't feel like getting the same shape again.

MGR - I'm going to keep my ring and still wear it alternately with the new one. My dear husband gave me that ring from T&Co so I'm not going to change anything about it. I think even though he said he didn't mind originally if I made it into a pendant it was really bothering him so the upgrade deal is I get to have two rings...since a diamond pendant is what he will look for as a birthday/anniversary gift - can't argue with that deal (lol).

MrsSalvo - I think I'm leaning towards the .50 too.

By the way, I have short fat size five fingers so I think that's why the 1.7 pear looks substantial.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What a lovey pear, and I love the pear side stones. I'd go with somewhat smaller side stones (maybe 0.30 to 0.40) -- don't want anything to compete with that gorgeous new RB!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Lil - Thanks it''s a beautiful pear and it''s so hard to find a really good one so this original pear is a keeper for sure. I shall wear the little bugger on Tues, Thur & Sun and my new one on the other days..(lol)

Ok now I''ve been staring at my tiny pears while putting easter baskets together all freaking morning & now I''m thinking .40ct again. Heaven help me how the heck am I going to decide...
32.gif

Happy Easter - I''m off to deliver these baskets I''ve slaved in the wee early hours. Lost a few to the dog grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ever tried to pull an easter egg out of a big dog''s mouth...
27.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
soooooooooooooo...................................

What did you decide?
9.gif
35.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Well after a long & painful decision. I''m being melodramatic..(lol). I decided on setting the diamond with .50 Fvs2 on each side. Which I only got back to the poor guy today on that one. As for the setting. It''s a fusion of KittyTigers Ring (who also took Mara''s shank), I also decided I should have MissGotRocks U center holding the big boy. Hmmm let''s see who else did I rip off... Ummm I think I also liked the idea of having a bar come across the U and sneaking a small diamond centered on each side of it. Not sure who I borrowed that one from. Oh yeah, I also added double claw prongs I saw on the vendor site. All done in Platinum.

Call my ring a Pricescope-Frankenstein Diamond...
32.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s aliveeeeeeeee

It''s ALIVE!!!

ha, can''t wait,
CAN''T WAIT!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Yep - I told my husband & he is very, very afraid of what I''ve come up with
31.gif

It will be "ALIVE".... heh heh... or else I''m going to find a big bridge & jump!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 8:57:02 PM
Author: Diam100
Yep - I told my husband & he is very, very afraid of what I''ve come up with
31.gif

It will be ''ALIVE''.... heh heh... or else I''m going to find a big bridge & jump!

yeah, you and me both!
ggb-moon-10-big.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like an interesting ring! I went back and looked at KittyTiger''s ring just for reference. Her two side stones seem to be aligned straight across from her center stone. Will yours be set like that or will the side stones be a little angled to the center stone?

The bar across the U sounds interesting too. I think I have it pictured with the surpise diamonds. No matter how many bits and pieces you have used to create the ring, it will still be your own. That''s the beauty of PS - we get to see so many things we like and then get to try to incorporate them into our own creation.

Sounds like it will be beautiful - do you have a time frame for completion? I hope so because I have NO patience!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Sevens - Now that''s a bridge! Of course, I could just leap off the George Washington it''s a little closer than the Golden Gate (lol).

MGR - It will probably take 3 to 4 weeks from today. So, I''m in for a bit of a wait. I just changed things up again today so now I three U shaped Prongs & did something different with the suprise diamonds. Your right it definitely will be my ring!

In the end, I figure if I could wait 6 mths to find the Ideal Cut stone & wear my heels out looking all over NY I guess another month isn''t too tough - yeah right. Ask me this tomorrow & I''ll probably have eaten my finger nails down to stubs.
38.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wellllllllllll?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

35.gif
emclock.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Sevens - Nope, nada, nyet! Not a preview pic, wax or anything. Just a total surprise - I''m a brave woman. Since I gave my vendor "carte blanche" on the final design I am resorting to pints of ice cream to get me through the waiting... I''ll probably be 10lbs heavier before this 3-stone is done.
38.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Step away from the icecream. Too much icecream and your new ring won''t fit when you get it. How sad would that be!

Your ring is going to be beatiful.

I love round brilliants.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results