shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone asschers bezel set

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an example of a 3-stone asscher ring where the stones are bezeled?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t say I''ve ever seen that. I assume you''re talking about sizeable stones, and all of the stones are asschers? Ie. Its not an asscher center stone, with traps/bags/etc as sides, but all three asschers?

I''ve seen assher bands (though not bezeled) of 5, or 7 stores. But I can''t seem to think of a three stone, all assher ring, let alone a bezeled one.

I hope that LTP might chime in because she has an asscher e-ring, and might have a more extensive knowledge/memory of asscher rings. You might also want to post this in SMTR so that any diamond-asscher owning ladies might chime in as well.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
The stones that are on their way to me are a 5 mm and two 4.75 mm. Too small?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 1:27:50 PM
Author: lavatea
The stones that are on their way to me are a 5 mm and two 4.75 mm. Too small?
No they''re not small for a 3 stone ring but I guess it''s how big you like your rings which is more important. Don''t forget though they''ll be deep if they''re asscher cuts so the three stones will sit higher on your finger than, say, three princess cuts.

You may have more luck searching for princess cuts in the design you''re thinking of. I''m sure they''ll be a few of those but I can''t say I''ve seen a 3 stone bezelled asscher ring. I''ve definitely seen as Indy says above, a 5 stone claw set and also 5 stone channel set but not bezelled.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this. It''s WestJenn''s ring. It''s not quite what you''re doing but it may give you an idea of how it would look:

CI%20RHR%20.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rounds not asschers but again it''s a 3 stone bezel set ring (this one belongs to Wallermama)

trioclose.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is interesting because the outline is asscherish - this belongs to Floridagirl

OECflgirl1.JPG

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve often looked for a 3 stone bezeled asscher setting, and the only one I''ve ever seen ins this silver version.

3 stone bezeled asscher ring1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find Lauren. I like the 3 stone look in asscher.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, thank you, LTP! That''s perfect to use as an example when/if I keep the stones and move forward with the project.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen a three stone ... but I was in the Diamond District (NYC) last week and noticed some AMAZING bezeled asschers -- in very, very thin bezels (almost invisible). Man, they were gorgeous. Some were in three stone ring configurations with side stones or bead set rounds in trapazeoidal shaped sections beside the center stone.

And I fondled a bezeled asscher DBY style pendant in platinum ... .70 G VS2 for $3800. Very Lucida like only *not*. Honestly, I saw a lot more Asschers *there* than on PS these days.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
lavatea-did you purchase that spinel set from Lisa by chance???

I love the 3 asscher bezel ring and hope to have something similar to show very shortly. The center stone I am using is an octagonal maltese cut with asscher cut sides. The center is my merelani mint garnet with pale lavender spinel sides bezel set in RG with a WG shank.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 8:57:25 AM
Author: stepcutnut
lavatea-did you purchase that spinel set from Lisa by chance???

Why, yes, I did. :) I really hope they will work for me. After I saw them I started really looking around at asscher cut gems of all colors, and I think I''m in love. Whether I keep them will depend on two things - 1)how "teal" they actually look (I have a ring with a blue topaz so I''m trying to not get something that looks too much like it) and 2)if they are too dark to set. Actually, make that three - if they provide enough finger coverage will be a factor as well.

I also bought a peach tourmaline from her because something about the color/cut combo was really speaking to me.

Can''t wait to see them all in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results