shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Asscher Cut (Plat. Setting)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iamadiamondguy

Rough_Rock
Just wondering what you guys/gals think a 3 stone (2ish/1ish/1ish carats or 1.75ish/.8ish/.8ish carat) ring would cost in a platinum setting. high end jewelers are seemingly giving me high end quotes...I''m not super particular about the quality (nothing below I)...Asscher cut & the size (2 examples above) are what I''m trying to get an idea as to value? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

There is a search by cut tool above where you can price up diamonds, you can add your colour, carat and clarity requirements for each diamond to see what those would cost. With settings you can browse sites such as Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, James Allen ( see list under vendors under Resources above) to see what they have available. Alternatively you could get them to give you a quote for the whole ring you want and see how their prices compare.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 6:02:42 AM
Author:iamadiamondguy
Just wondering what you guys/gals think a 3 stone (2ish/1ish/1ish carats or 1.75ish/.8ish/.8ish carat) ring would cost in a platinum setting. high end jewelers are seemingly giving me high end quotes...I'm not super particular about the quality (nothing below I)...Asscher cut & the size (2 examples above) are what I'm trying to get an idea as to value? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

If you're looking for a general quote, it's just not possible. Obviously, the diamonds will drive the majority of the price. Depending on cut (and color/clarity), your prices will vary significantly. Platinum prices also vary depending on the market, and the price of crafting a setting will depend on (1) the complexity of the design, and (2) the jeweler/crafter. A Leon Mege or Mark Morrell will cost significantly more than probably your local jeweler (but, then again, you get what you pay for.)

ETA: I realize that you may not be looking for the custom route. There are many pre-fab 3-stone platinum settings, but again, prices will vary depending on the designer (Scott Kay, Vera Wang, etc.)

So, in short, give us a clearer idea of what type of diamonds you're looking for and what kind of 3-stone setting, and we can help you more.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hello iamadiamondguy and WELCOME to Pricescope!
35.gif

Lorelei gave you some great advice about the Price Search funtion. Both she and Bunnifer are right - there is a tremendous range out there. Here are a few:

This is my favorite, from Pearlmans. I wish I were a 6.5.
Leon Mege/Daniel K 1.90 Asscher G VS2 GIA, 1.75 tcw sides, Plat, $20K

Here''s a good buy at Overstock:
3-stone Asscher, 2 tcw, E VS2, EGL, 18K $9950

As you can see, it really depends what you are looking for. You can spend even more than this, easily, too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen now small asschers look for their weight?
If not go see some in person.
I was very surprised how small my asscher looked when it arrived since I was used to rounds.

AFter you see how small they face up you may change your mind and put all the money into a single larger asscher instead of three smaller ones.
Just a thought.

Also that hypnotic "hall-of-mirrors" effect is more powerful in a larger asscher.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results