shape
carat
color
clarity

3-sided pave w/ matching band question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious,
How do the diamonds on 3-sided pave rings with matching bands not damage one another?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
they can and do................

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
A few years ago when I was ring shopping, I found a three-sided pave that was absolutely beautiful. I thought it might be the "one". Then the jeweler told me that he recommended that I don''t get a wedding band to sit next to it because it could scratch and damage the diamonds on the side. I was bummed because I wanted a separate wedding band, so I decided not to go with that ring. But three-sided paves are very beautiful, and I''m curious to see if anyone here at PS has one with a wedding band next to it? Perhaps if the center stone was set lower in the band and then the w-ring next to it doesn''t sit flush it could work?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2005 3:25:57 PM
Author: windowshopper

Why is this such a popular setting then???

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2005 4:48:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 2/5/2005 3:25:57 PM
Author: windowshopper

Why is this such a popular setting then???
i''ve noticed a lot more people are creating elaborate e-rings and wearing them solo....more statement OR important looking rings due to the mountings........that often really cant have a band next to them

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I decided to resurrect this thread since I now have the 3-sided engagement and wedding bands from Michael B.

I remember reading this thread and a few of the others discussing the same thing. My then fiance and I had long talks about what to do about the wedding band since the engagement ring was already ordered. We decided in the end to go ahead and get the matching wedding band. My fiance was confident that Michael B must have thought of this issue.

I was married on July 3 and now am wearing both rings. I''ve finally had time to look and have noticed that the Michael B set is made so that the side pave diamonds do not touch each other. The inner smooth band part on the wedding band projects out a bit more than the diamonds. It is barely noticible, but the end result is when the rings are together this inner band part keeps the side diamonds apart.

I''m glad I got the matching ring. I really couldn''t imagine any other wedding ring with the engagement ring.....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 11:46:58 AM
Author: IslandDreams
I decided to resurrect this thread since I now have the 3-sided engagement and wedding bands from Michael B.

I remember reading this thread and a few of the others discussing the same thing. My then fiance and I had long talks about what to do about the wedding band since the engagement ring was already ordered. We decided in the end to go ahead and get the matching wedding band. My fiance was confident that Michael B must have thought of this issue.

I was married on July 3 and now am wearing both rings. I''ve finally had time to look and have noticed that the Michael B set is made so that the side pave diamonds do not touch each other. The inner smooth band part on the wedding band projects out a bit more than the diamonds. It is barely noticible, but the end result is when the rings are together this inner band part keeps the side diamonds apart.

I''m glad I got the matching ring. I really couldn''t imagine any other wedding ring with the engagement ring.....
ID, glad to hear you are not having any issues. What a clever idea.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Island Dreams,

How about some hand pics for us? Are they posted elsewhere? I don't know that I have seen the 3 sided Michael B e-ring and wedding band together in real hand shots. I would LOVE to see yours. I adore the Michael B designs.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That''s great, Island Dreams.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
rms--no the I haven't posted hand shots with both rings yet. I am waiting for my wedding pictures so I can post everything together. I'll make sure to remember the rings handshot :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Island Dreams,
thanks so much for the update. I had discussed this with Bill Pearlman a while back and he explained pretty much the same thing with regard to the Michael B ring design. I so glad you got the matching band. I''m a two band girl and just couldn''t imagine only wearing one ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results