shape
carat
color
clarity

3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
(1) A few days back I asked if anyone knew where I could find a matched pair of cabochon sapphires. I poked around the NY diamond district yesterday, and found a guy who said he could get them. Ross C. Altman (RossCAltman.com). Anyone ever heard of this guy? I got OK vibes, but I have trouble trusting anyone on 47th street...

(2) My girl and I both think that this spinel from Dan Stair is completely gorgeous. I''m put off by its not-even-close-to-calibrated size, though. Will I need a custom setting for a 7x4mm emerald cut, even if I''m just getting someone to set it into a solitare?

(3) Speaking of that Dan Stair spinel, I''ve taken a fancy to the light toned, blue-purple, not-gray Tunduru spinel. Does anyone know of anywhere that has any nice examples of it left? I know that the Tunduru stuff is alot scarcer than it used to be...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dzop,

I am afraid I am not familiar with Ross Altman. I know there are reputable dealers in the NYDD, but unfortunately I don''t know many.

Yes, Dan''s 7 x 4 mm EC spinel will need a custom setting, but don''t worry. Shoot Dan an email and he will look through his rough to find something of the same colour and he will custom cut to what you want.

Tunduru spinels do show some gray but most aren''t too bad. They also have a pleasant colour shift to purple/violet under the right lighting condition. Barbara at www.acstone.com sometimes sells them if she is able to procure any. I just bought one from her in December.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I think Chrono means http://www.acstones.com. The link above goes to a supply company of a different sort.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2008 10:19:19 PM
Author: pjean
I think Chrono means http://www.acstones.com. The link above goes to a supply company of a different sort.
2.gif
Thanks Pjean! It goes to show that the one time I don''t check my link, it''s the one that''s incorrect.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results