shape
carat
color
clarity

3 prong VS 4 prong tennis bracelet

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all ,
I am thinking about getting a diamond tennis bracelet .can anyone please let me know whether the 4 prong set bracelet is more durable than the 3 prong for daily wear ? will the 3 prong catch more on things ? will it be more sparkly than the 4 prong since the diamonds are more exposed ? will the 4 prong setting make the bracelet look bigger in the same carat weight ?
Thanks in advance .

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
hello tennis bracelet owners ?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
jeweln|1307198781|2937663 said:
Hi all ,
I am thinking about getting a diamond tennis bracelet .can anyone please let me know whether the 4 prong set bracelet is more durable than the 3 prong for daily wear ? will the 3 prong catch more on things ? will it be more sparkly than the 4 prong since the diamonds are more exposed ? will the 4 prong setting make the bracelet look bigger in the same carat weight ?
Thanks in advance .

I would think that the prongs would not have any effect on the sparkle factor---that is all about diamond quality. Four prong would be more durable than 3 prong but thats with any kind of jewelry (earrings, rings, etc). The more prongs to hold the stone the safer it is. Of course a well done 2 prong is better than a poorly made 3 prong---quality matters. And wether or not the prong has any effect on how big the stones look depends on how the prongs are done. It can vary widely. Over in SMTB, there is a thread running right now about 3 prong tennis bracelets and in that thread there is a link that might help you. If you do a search, you will find more threads in Show Me The Bling.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-bracelets.161580/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-bracelets.161580/[/URL]

The weekends are slow around here---people are out and not on their computers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 4 prongs and I would choose that because I think the stones are more secure. My ring and earrings also have 4 prongs, so it is also for consistency!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go with 4 prongs too.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies everyone .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results