shape
carat
color
clarity

3 or 4 prong martini setting for pendant?

MaggieRose

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I’m hoping you can help me with a question about resetting my diamond from a ring into a pendant. The stone is a beautiful BGD 1.2ct signature round but hasn’t seen the light of day since my divorce a few years ago. I want to get her back into the light where she belongs and I’d like to wear this piece most days (so a secure setting is a must). I really love their Barbara martini pendant but wondered about the security of only 3 prongs. Does anyone have experience with this setting and stones around this size? I’d seen some mentions here of a four prong martini option and wondered if that might be more secure? Thanks for your help IMG_4624.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think since a pendant gets knocked around less than a ring, 3 prongs should be plenty secure. I love the Barbara pendant too.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have a BGD in one of their 3 prong martini pendants… can’t recall the carat wt at the moment but approx 2.5 G VVS and I feel totally confident. It is insured, so want to disclose that.
Honestly, I think a martini means 3 prong, not 4 (???).
Anyhow, your diamond is GORGEOUS and while I’m sorry your marriage didn’t work out it’s great you will enjoy your incredible diamond in a new setting going forward!

MaggieRose

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help! I’ve been doing some homework on floating vs fixed and as much as I love the Barbara setting, I think the floating pendant flipping around would start to drive me crazy lol. I’m currently looking at these two options instead and would love to hear any thoughts you may have. I love the more modern look of the 3 prong martini but also like the symmetry of the 4. Talk about first world probs lol. My rings are insured now so I def plan to insure the necklace too.

One more question for you all…where to sell my pre-loved setting and matching band? (They’re actually different than the pic I’ve posted here, I kept bending those dainty settings and had to go a little thicker and switched from shared prong to regular pave. I can post more pics if it helps any.) Here? Worthy? Thanks again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results