shape
carat
color
clarity

3 options for e-ring diamond -- which would you pick?

nishu08

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks for all the help answering my previous questions on the forums. I've narrowed myself down to 3 ACA stones from Whiteflash, 1 of which I'm hoping is the winner, but having a tough time picking between these 3 since they're all fairly similar. If you had to pick 1 of the 3, which would you go for? All 3 are on Whiteflash, and here's the comparison view: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3646298,3653198,3646297

Thanks!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just had a similar dilemma- I asked Whiteflash for advice and they were very helpful! I'd say your choices are so similar, if it were me I'd just pick the cheapest one, to be honest. I can't see your previous posts for some reason, do you need such a high color and clarity specifically?

nishu08

Rough_Rock
Snowdrop13|1461362190|4022593 said:
I can't see your previous posts for some reason, do you need such a high color and clarity specifically?

I hear you, but I've done some shopping around at brick & mortar stores and I've always been able to discern some yellowness when I looked at stones that were around G and below (guess my eyes are more color sensitive?), so I want to stay at F or above in color. That's especially the case with these AGS certified stones, since I've read a lot about the color grading with AGS being a little more lax than GIA, so there's the potential that one or more of these could be closer to a G color if GIA graded them.

On the clarity front I've looked at a lot of VS1 stones both online and in person, but have definitely found some that are not eye clean when I look at them in person due to a black carbon pinpoint, etc. To save myself the headache of having to return a VS1 stone already set in a ring, I've been looking only down to VVS2 lately. I already spoke with Whiteflash and they checked the stones and confirmed that the tiny inclusions are white/clear and very hard to find even under magnification, which gives me peace of mind. To me that's worth the slightly added cost.

All that said, cut is my top priority, and my girlfriend doesn't want anything much bigger than 0.8 carat (she has very petite hands). So that has brought me to these 3 options, all of which seem great. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing anything and see if there's an overwhelming preference from the Pricescope pros on one over the other.

Thanks for your input!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3653198.htm

I wouldn't pay for VVS1 (and prefer VS1 over VVS except they don't have any at the moment), but of these three, this one is the largest by a tiny margin (nice to hit the 6mm mark) and just a little more in price than the lowest priced one.

Otherwise, all the stones are great and any two could be a match for a pair of stud earrings!

(VS1 graded by GIA and AGS is eyeclean. The definition for VS1 is that inclusions are very hard to see with 10x magnification.)

nishu08

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1461362953|4022598 said:
This one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3653198.htm

I wouldn't pay for VVS1 (and prefer VS1 over VVS except they don't have any at the moment), but of these three, this one is the largest by a tiny margin (nice to hit the 6mm mark) and just a little more in price than the lowest priced one.

Otherwise, all the stones are great and any two could be a match for a pair of stud earrings!

(VS1 graded by GIA and AGS is eyeclean. The definition for VS1 is that inclusions are very hard to see with 10x magnification.)

Thanks diamondseeker! That logic makes sense to me. You should grab the other two for earrings, haha!

Elepig

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the first two are a better value and if I had to choose, as they are so similar, it would be the second one as I 'think' it flashes better on the spinner and it doesn't have feathers (just a quirk of mine).
Is that the one you chose?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results