shape
carat
color
clarity

3 new rings (chrysoberyl, gem silica & Afghan tourmaline)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 3 new rings (chrysoberyl, gem silica & Afghan tourmaline

jstarfireb I like those inspiration ideas! haha, by the time Chris posted the inspiration pics it was already sold :) But I am almost positive I still wouldn't really pull off a ring that long anyway. But if you have long fingers it will be perfect, especially in a style like that. Totally agree about AJS though--I also had a hard time finding anything that worked from them, especially because without extra pics it's almost impossible to figure out what they look like IRL. So happy for you that you got the Chris one, especially since the reduced price was such a great deal!

The one I posted is from a gem cutter in AZ, so if you visit and find some pretty ones post pics :naughty:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

These are exquisite. I have reached out to Sally HoW in large part because I love every piece she has ever created for you. These are no exception. Wear them in good health.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Mochiko - I meant to comment in here sooner, sorry so late!

Love all three - they're all so different from each other, but each setting looks beautifully made and compliments its gem. (I really need to use Sally one of these days, I've admired her work for several years now). It must have been so fun to get those rings! As always, I admire your good taste and beautiful collection.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs|1442717509|3929707 said:
jstarfireb I like those inspiration ideas! haha, by the time Chris posted the inspiration pics it was already sold :) But I am almost positive I still wouldn't really pull off a ring that long anyway. But if you have long fingers it will be perfect, especially in a style like that. Totally agree about AJS though--I also had a hard time finding anything that worked from them, especially because without extra pics it's almost impossible to figure out what they look like IRL. So happy for you that you got the Chris one, especially since the reduced price was such a great deal!

The one I posted is from a gem cutter in AZ, so if you visit and find some pretty ones post pics :naughty:

Ooh, can you share the name? I'll be in Tucson (only for a day!) so I was planning to visit these guys:
http://www.arizonalapidary.com/

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1442799227|3930027 said:
lovedogs|1442717509|3929707 said:

Ooh, can you share the name? I'll be in Tucson (only for a day!) so I was planning to visit these guys:
http://www.arizonalapidary.com/

Sorry--I should have clarified that I'm purchasing from an Etsy vendor who is getting the stones from a gem cutter in AZ that she knows. So I dont have the info about who the cutter is :( Sorry about that! But fingers crossed that you find some gorgeous stuff from the guys you posted. I've gone to their site before and it seems like they have some awesome and unique stones, so I'm sure you'll have a great time. Keep us posted! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Will do! When I googled "buy gem silica in Tucson," they were the only link that had any real info, so I'll check them out.

Also, if anyone wants another lead, I had AJS send me a backlit pic of an inexpensive trillion on their site. I don't think I'll buy it since I have the one coming from Chris, but it looks like a good stone and a nice value.

ETA: Mochiko, if we're threadjacking you too much, let us know if you want us to start our own thread about gem silica!

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Yes, the first 3 days of the show were crazy busy for us. Almost couldn't leave the booth because there were so many cents to attend. I can imagine the waiting line outside.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning rings Mochiko! I especially love the Afghan tourmaline ring - simple yet classic and that colour is amazing! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results