shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Diamonds - Help Choosing Please!

greygoospa

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Im in the market for an engagement ring.
Ive narrowed it down to 3 options (listed below) which meet my criteria, but Im having trouble choosing a winner.
Im not a diamond expert; I think the second one is the best but would really appreciate a second opinion from the collective expertise of pricescope.

Thank you!

1. I have no have no video or photo but the are specs are below.
I've seen this in person and it looked flawless but we're considering going a little bigger.

Carat: 1.0ct
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Ratio: 1.46
Measurement: 5.65 X 8.24 X 3.46mm

2. My most preferred so far as it appears to "light up" a lot as the diamond spins in the video
Video link: https://novitadiamonds.com/engageme...creen_diamond_detail&diamond-selection=146316

Carat: 1.10ct
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Ratio: 1.46
Measurement: 5.84 X 8.51 X 3.63mm

3. This is the 3rd one - I think I can see a bowtie from the video but I'm not sure.
Video link: https://novitadiamonds.com/engageme...creen_diamond_detail&diamond-selection=147595

Carat: 1.16ct
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Ratio: 1.4
Measurement: 5.99 X 8.36 X 3.75mm

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 2 looks nice and is whiter than #3! I'd eliminate #1 due to the smaller size even if it as well cut as #2.

This is the best sub-forum for cut opinions, but lab stones are supposed to be posted in this sub-forum:

Click Report Concern at the bottom of your original post and ask the moderator to please move your thread to the Lab Grown forum.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt the third will have a bow tie but it may also have better light return.
See if you can get ASET images?
And re post in manmade diamond section

You wouldn't be concerned about IGI G in a lab oval? I thought you've said to try to stay colorless in lab stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No bowtie in either #2 or #3 - the pavilion facet pattern doesn't allow it.

I strongly prefer the 1.10 F.
As you watch the videos, you can see that in the 1.16 the faceting changes quite abruptly - from an area of large bright facets (blue) to areas of tiny facets (pink) right beside. The faceting in the 1.10 F stays much more similar as the stone turns - no large areas of giant facets next to large areas of tiny facets.
Those areas of large and tiny facets will perform very differently IRL. From large facet areas you'll get big bright flashes of light, and those facets will light up and go dark independently as you rock the stone. From tiny facet areas you'll get glittery sparkle that's less bright - and you won't really see those facets light up and go dark separately, they're too small for that.
My personal preference is always for a more uniform light return pattern across the face-up of the stone. That's always more pleasing to my eyes even if total/aggregate light return is a bit less.

1637470262099.png
1637470809109.png

1637470281350.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results