shape
carat
color
clarity

3 diamond comparison please

jadebellyt

Rough_Rock
Hi team,

I just received the IS images from JA and am confused about the recommendation based on what I'm seeing. I could use your help in understanding the gemologist's notes:

"I hope that you have been well! I just wanted to take a moment to reach out to you with the results for the gemologist inspection and Idealscope image for the 1.54 carat-I-SI1 (diamond 1511717), 1.51 carat-G-SI2 (diamond 1485890) and the 1.55 carat-H-SI2 (diamond 1508654). I have attached the Idealscope images to this e-mail and I am sure that you will happy to see that the 1.54 and 1.55 have perfect Idealscope images!

When the gemologist compared these three diamonds together they noticed that the 1.55 carat-H-SI2 has the best light performance faces completely eye clean from the top and the sides. She also commented that the diamond is a nice white color. With that one being the top performer now, they moved the 1.54 carat-I-SI1 to second place, even though it has very good light performance, it just wasn't as good as the 1.55 carat. The gemologist does not recommend the 1.51 carat-G-SI2 because the twinning wisps in the diamond are effecting it's light performance and is causing the diamond to be hazy. They are also easily seen in the diamond, so this diamond is not eye clean. "

I'm looking at the images and am concerned about the following:
1. Gemologist recommended 1508654 having the best light performance, but the IS image is showing lots of leakage in the table compared to the others.
2. The IS image for 1511717 looks better than the one for 1508654, yet is not as strong a performer according to the gemologist.
3. The image for 1485890 looks almost perfect as it looks like there is almost no leakage (HCA score 1.0). I would imagine it should be the brightest. Am I reading this IS image incorrectly? Is the haziness noted by the gemologist not generally reflected within IS images?

Thanks for all your help!

1511717.jpg

1485890.jpg

1508654.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The idealscope image of 1.51c looks badly taken, there should almost always be some leakage around the edge unless it is brillianteered too much that it will not get Ex in GIA cut grade or placed too deep into the scope. 1 & 3 looks about right, probably slight tilt in the stone when the image is taken, resulting in slight leakage as can be seen from the leakage occurs beside the shorter arrows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results