shape
carat
color
clarity

3 CT PRINCESS "Candidate" - review help, pls..thx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I welcome all your opinions and feedback regarding this stone. My 4 specific questions are:/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

1) Will the dimensions provide a square look or will it appear rectangular to the average eye?/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

2) Is the crown height proportionate?/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

3) It scored lower on the White Light test - what does this mean to the average eye?/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

4) Does this stone appear to be a top performer that is capable of being a real "Dancer" and what do you think its value is?/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Thanks All!

read.gif
/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Princess3varfb.gif

read.gif
So ---what do you think??....sorry for having to post so many times (only way I knew of getting the pics online)

PRincess3-bs.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a really pretty stone!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a very, very nice stone to me! The numbers, BScope and ImageScope look all really lovely to me!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice pic!

Square... unless you want this to pass some lab test for it, It should look squae big time. If you see any un-squareness (which would be quite a feta to begin with) some say that mounting the object E-W makes that impresion go away. The stone has so much going for it, that I'd forgive that 4% slack anyday!

Does it dance in white light? You bet. The "lower" score is still in line with what most rounds aspire to (ok, maybe not those in the same
store, but this is beyond the point given what we know about the source). As debated on a previous post, that variation of positions on the BScope are not to be compared down to the last hair, but rather interpreted as a "range". Your stone score one "step" below best; I expect this to be better than any other stone you get to see - it is better than a good proposrion of princesses sold with B-Scope analysis in the first place. The other two scores... no comment
2.gif

Conclusion? this is it!

Thank you for the encouraging comments!
appl.gif

Can someone help me understand what the dark spots are in the idealscope view? Also, what do youall think a fair price for this stone would be?

read.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price
nono.gif
... hard to say: I do not see color and clarity mentioned around here among the stats
2.gif

The whites and blacks on the Scope are explained in some detail at these sources (better than I could summarize). It will take 15 min to go through these:

I-Scope details

And more detail

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Surprisingly, the pic looks a little yellow.

What color shirt were your wearing Jonathan?
1.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/30/2004 1:29:24 PM valeria101 wrote:

The 'lower' score is still in line with what most rounds aspire to ----------------

Hey valeria

Remember that squares and rounds are measured on different scales. The square "High" might be a round "Medium". Maybe Jon can run it (bootleg!) on the round scale just for grins.

R/A

Rank Amateur - the color may be the result of my having to scale the resolution way down to be able to post it. The original pic looked awesome.

Frank

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 12:46:55 PM Appreciative-of-expertise wrote:

Rank Amateur - the color may be the result of my having to scale the resolution way down to be able to post it. The original pic looked awesome.

Frank----------------

That could very well be!

As for the dark spots, I'll take a guess that they are a reflection of the camera lens. I'll also guess that a little less white light return is good for see the dispersion and scintillation.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/31/2004 12:45:05 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

----------------

Remember that squares and rounds are measured on different scales. The square 'High' might be a round 'Medium'. ----------------

Mea culpa! Is there any reference to this among out "tutorials gere" that I overlooked... This could easily have happened. Thanks.

I just realized in reviewing the post that I did not include the GIA cert.....here goes....

PR303FVS1-GIA.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 1/31/2004 12:40:45 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Surprisingly, the pic looks a little yellow.

What color shirt were your wearing Jonathan?
1.gif

----------------
Actually the white stage and background are on a desk that is yellow/orange (wood) in color.
1.gif
You dawg.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Last night I sat down to answer some of the questions here in more detail but after doing so, after about 20 minutes of a thoughtful response I kept reading it and the more I read it the more it looked like a pitch. I can not comment on diamonds that I am selling here on the forum. There are many positive things and critiques I can give regarding it's LightScope results, B'scope results, the pricing on 3ct F VS1's, the proportions on this stone compared to other princess cuts we've examined in the past, etc. but doing so on a stone that I'm selling, no matter how accurate and honest, will look like a pitch so I refrain from doing so here.

Peace,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frank...sorry I couldn't respond til now! I think the stone looks excellent!! As I'm sure you know, great Princesses are harder to come by than the typical well-cut round.

The stone looks great in terms of pictures, inclusions are miniscule even at 40x mag, the IdealScope image looks very nice and the image itself looks amazing! The thing is HUGE!!! The girdle is pretty nice also, thin-medium seems harder to find in terms of princesses. As for the square look, the ratio is 1.03/1.04 so yes this stone will look pretty square, it does in the picture also. If the L/W was more like 1.10 then you may see a bit of rectangular shape but 1.0 is perfect square so this one is pretty darn close!

To the white vs fire...it seems as though this stone may be more fiery than white light brilliant, which is a preference, but from the pictures it looks really amazing. And to have the Bscope be off the chart in both Fire and Scint to me would be REALLY exciting. I have a white light return stone and it's not quite as exciting as 'fire' is...I have seen both. It's important to note that the white light is still very good, nowhere near 'poor'...so you may see flashes of fire more than white light...but I think the balance would still be there.

I think you done good.
2.gif
F VS--not really much room for improvement there IMO if you wanted to focus on colorless and VS. If the price fits your bill then I think you have a winner! Also wanted to note that I know Rhino hand-picks his fancy cut stones. So if this stone is in his 'arsenal' then it has to be there for a reason. I would definitely add that into the 'positive' side of the chart...it's not as though you are working with a broker who does not have the stone and instead just got images to show you but has never seen it. This stone has almost been 'pre-approved' by a stickler!
2.gif

What sort of setting is this going into, or is that a whole other post?
2.gif
Congrats and let us know what you decide!

Thanks Rhino/Mara!
Rhino - you will have the opportunity to provide your critique via phone tomorrow ...
1.gif

Mara, I will definitely post the outcome!!
As it relates to the setting, I'm working with Mark Morrel and plan to run that as another post. I just received the very first crude rendering. I'll also soon be running another post seeking guidance on how to bridge all of the parties, including insurers.

To the rest of you (including those who PM me - I can't say "Thank You" loud enough......I'm a "journey" type of guy compared to my girlfriend who is more a "destination" type...I'm suring learning a lot as well as having fun doing so because of all of you!

appl.gif

Frank
read.gif

roshita

Rough_Rock
Just a late posting, Nice stone! The crown height is taller than most Princess but that should only make the pavillion angle shallower and return more light. The Bscope and the Lscope confirms this. Have fun setting this beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results