shape
carat
color
clarity

3 carat spinel flanked by two yellowish green chrysoberyls

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been doing lots of multiple stone rings lately in order to save the expense of setting a single stone at a time, and with multiple stones, I feel the need for diamond melee isn't as necessary. This is a medium light toned violet spinel with a small window, but I love the more pastel spinels. It is flanked by two chrysoberyl trillions around 1.1 carats each. These chrysoberyls are more on the greenish side than yellow. I posed it with my other three stone ring to show the tonality differences. The other spinel is more of a medium tone, but very similar hue. Hopefully the color isn't washed out upon uploading, as I really did try to make the file sizes much smaller.

The setting is in 14K rose gold by lanbo. It was a modification. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't use chevron prongs as in the original model I gave him to design it from. However, in retrospect, I'm glad there's less metal coveing the trillions. I have a new jeweler that charges half of what my recently ditched jeweler charges to set stones. Therefore, I'm very happy. He was very good about checking the stones with a loupe prior to setting, and asking about the hardness. He also set a tourmaline for me and I'm pretty happy with that as well.

TLspinelchrysring1.JPG

TLspinelthreestonerings1.JPG

TLspinelchrysring2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 3 carat spinel flanked by two yellowish green chrysobery

Here's a small montage of all my multi-stone rings I've put together recently. All the spinel rings are all modified lanbo settings. The pear bypass spess/tsavorite ring is Daniel M.

TLmultistonerings2.JPG

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

All are beautiful.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL, you do not waste time! It seems like you just got those trilliants a few weeks ago. You are a machine! :appl:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock

TL, the lighter blue spinel is so beautiful!!! Drooling..........
You have great eyes.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

OMG Your pictures are GORGEOUS, I love love LOVE the way you caught the
sparkles on your gemstones, how do you do that ????
I can't make it happen !!!!!

The colors are a feast for the eyes, simply beautiful !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock

BEAUTIFULLLL!!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Nice! I like the combos. Very interesting and unique.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

What an amazing color combination! Who needs Easter eggs when we can have something like that--the essence of Spring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow, what a gorgeous rainbow! :love: :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good that you are using so many multi-color combinations, TL. I love blue and green of chrysoberyl, planned to use a similar combo myself, and of course you can never lose with blue, violet and pink!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all so much for the kind words on my new ring and the others.

Here's a sneak peak at my new almost four carat cushion color change spinel. It is going into an 8x8 white gold LOGR legacy with upgraded diamonds that I had a spessartite in. The spessartite was more like a modified asscher, and not really suitable for the setting. The LOGR is one of the most beautiful LOGR's I own, so I'm glad I finally found a stone for it after almost two years of looking. It's really hard to find saturated cushions this size for some reason. I obviously have a violet/blue spinel addiction and I need to get medical treatment. :errrr: :wacko: I actually even prefer these to Mahenge spinels. You can see the amazing luster and sparkle in the bottom. I wish I could still capture it better in a still photo. It is medium tone.

Dim cloudy daylight (top)

Incandescent light (bottom)

TLcushionspinelcc.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's another sneak peak at a more purple spinel I own around 2 carats flanked by two yellowish chrysoberyls around 80 points each. This stone has very little grey and flashes laserbeams of pink and blue. I wish I could capture the amazing dispersion in a photo. So, I have lots of projects, and like someone said, "I'm a machine." I feel you only live once, and I need to enjoy these gems while I'm still alive to do so, and that means they need to be set asap. Photo taken in dim cloudy daylight.

Medium tone.

TLspinelandchryspears.JPG

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock

This really works well! I love how adventurous and no nonsense you are and how beautifully it works out! It's probably because of your keen eye for color.

Have you played around with those chrysoberyls to see if they color shift at all? I think some of those greener ones do.

pixies

Shiny_Rock

I am a big fan of multi-color rings. I fell in love with them while browsing the jewelry section on 1st Dibs. They have a fun, festive look to them.

All of your combos look lovely together. I especially like the sneak-peak layout!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

I posted in the catch all thread, but it bears repeating: fantastic!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

ohhh..I like those a lot! Well done one them. I am very much enjoying the multiple stone rings, TL. They are so much more fun and interesting than a one stone flanked or surrounded with boring diamonds. Good color match and setup! :))
I assume you are buying the stones as pairs and not matching the(the flanking stones)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, you’ve certainly been busy and into spinels and chrysoberyls lately. The cool combination of yellowish green and blue is another departure from your usual but still a good combination. I have to say I still prefer hot pink and blue though. The new spinel is a lot bluer than the other blue spinels you have. Is it PS, my monitor or are your stones looking just a touch silky?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the colour combination but wish I could see this one because I can't imagine how the Chryso's perform in relation to the spinel - what does your eye get drawn to? That's the problem with photos, you can't see the performance and I can only imagine the sparkle you get off this ring.

All of your rings are very eye-catching but there's still something about the blue/pink combo that attracts me more than others. Do you have a favourite yet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all!

amethystguy|1303745109|2904542 said:
ohhh..I like those a lot! Well done one them. I am very much enjoying the multiple stone rings, TL. They are so much more fun and interesting than a one stone flanked or surrounded with boring diamonds. Good color match and setup! :))
I assume you are buying the stones as pairs and not matching the(the flanking stones)?

Amguy, some I have bought as pairs, and some I found one by one through patience and a keen eye for obtaining pairs. For example, the two pear mahenge spinels on the large oval violet spinel, I bought separately. I also bought the trillion and pear chrysoberyls separately. I think the only ones I bought as pairs were my round chrysoberyls I posted in another thread.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1303747669|2904574 said:
Wow, you’ve certainly been busy and into spinels and chrysoberyls lately. The cool combination of yellowish green and blue is another departure from your usual but still a good combination. I have to say I still prefer hot pink and blue though. The new spinel is a lot bluer than the other blue spinels you have. Is it PS, my monitor or are your stones looking just a touch silky?

Actually they're not silky at all. It's my camera doing that. Sorry!! They all sparkle like mad too, and have dispersion, which I can't capture on these photos. ;(

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LovingDiamonds|1303749654|2904593 said:
I like the colour combination but wish I could see this one because I can't imagine how the Chryso's perform in relation to the spinel - what does your eye get drawn to? That's the problem with photos, you can't see the performance and I can only imagine the sparkle you get off this ring.

All of your rings are very eye-catching but there's still something about the blue/pink combo that attracts me more than others. Do you have a favourite yet?

I think the chrysoberyls are just as eye catching as the spinel. They glow very neon green, which I couldn't capture as well with my camera unfortunately. I have so many spinel rings, I can't decide on a favorite. LOL!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous Combos! Very Nice! :cheeky:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Wow another beautiful ring. Love the new combo.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I really like all your multi stone rings-the DM is my favorite!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all so much for the kind words on my new ring, and the others. I really appreciate it, and Velouria, sorry, forgot to answer your question about the color change of the chrysoberyls. They actually don't shift in color much, not that I've noticed, maybe a little bit. My larger 3 carat cushion chrysoberyl is more of a color shifter. The four carat cushion is at the jewelers being set in my LOGR legacy, and I'm so excited, I can't stand it. That might be my new favorite. The color on that stone is too beautiful for words. It is remarkable under any lighting, even my crappy dim office fluorescents. I can't wait to post photos.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

You have such beautiful rings! I really love the color combos you chose. The color change spinel is lovely too. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooo~Shiney!|1303615536|2903852 said:
OMG Your pictures are GORGEOUS, I love love LOVE the way you caught the
sparkles on your gemstones, how do you do that ????
I can't make it happen !!!!!

The colors are a feast for the eyes, simply beautiful !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Are you kidding me? Your photos are amazing!! BTW, you remind me so much of a friend that used to post here, her name is PlatinumRock. She is so sweet. I miss her, and I hope she posts again. You are so complimentary and polite.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I miss PlatinumRock too. And AJ.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock

Love the violet spinels! So beautiful. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results