carat
color
clarity

3 carat MRB Hunt is OVER

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share the results of that crazy 3 carat MRB hunt at a B&M. As some of you have followed my journey, it was a challenge to identify and bring viable candidates. I was fighting against a reputable but stodgy B&M to source stones I found off the net. They kept rejecting stones because of clarity issues, and I tried really hard to stick to the PS recommended criteria. Seriously, NOT easy even with the number of stones out there. I came across a surprising number of not-sufficiently-eye-clean VS2s. She also was not comfortable with fluorescence and wanted 3 carats, and H was as low as we could go. I found one AGS 000 that they did not want to bring in, and for which I had to harass my SA until she relented and brought it in. And I have to say I am creating this post because of how proud I am of myself for finding this gorgeous stone. Truly, this is not a super ideal, far from it I'm sure, for those of you who have seen the AGS report in the other thread. But good grief, is it super fiery and bright and clear, like water. So I just had to share these photos I took in a car with a dark interior, in direct sunlight. I have never liked a stone in direct bright sunlight, and I LOVE this stone. It's amazing. I can see the arrows even in super bright sunlight and the stone is so clear. I can't believe what a great job I did. I am so shameless patting myself on the back. I shared the AGS report with others on the thread in RT and people were doubtful (looked like it was missing part of an arrow), but I thought, bring it in anyway. Can't hurt to look. If a good AGS 000 looks this good, can you imagine what a true super ideal in this size must look like?

Here are the specs.
3.018 carts
AGS 000
H, VS2 (very clean)
Negligible fluorescence
Size 4. (I know. Ugh!)
CD01DEA2-FDBA-49E9-82AC-95D12E2D064A.jpeg 104C4E93-D475-42AD-AF86-71C02F3E53D8.jpeg 15A5CB80-26D4-46AE-B8C0-E371271CC3D8.jpeg 848B37A8-E5A2-440E-ABD4-BADB5B1E0595.jpeg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgoeus LLJsmom! Glad you stuck to your search until you found this beauty.

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful. Luck lady to have you help with the search! You did a fabulous job. :appl:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and it looks so clear and sharp! Just gorgeous!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies! @marcy, @diamondseeker2006, @Queenie60, @kayla17. Yes, @kayla17, it is super sharp. And I just posted this in a RT thread, that this stone has an HCA of 3.0. I never even checked it before she committed. OMG. I guess I'm really glad I forgot this step. I just skipped it because it was an AGS 000. I just don't get it! But I'm not complaining...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone should have a friend like you!!!

Beautiful stone, and you deservedly should be patting yourself on the back! Well done :appl:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Those silvery arrows are so pretty. Your friend definitely had an angel looking out for her. Size 4?? I'm a 6 but I'd give my left *** for a size 4! :mrgreen2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful, well done on what sounds like a slightly trying journey that was well worth it in the end!

Is this an engagement ring for your friend or is she upgrading?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Just gorgeous, what an amazing find LLJsmom. I bet your friend is absolutely thrilled with it and how lucky is she to have such a great friend to help her find this beauty.
Thanks for sharing the journey with us :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Job well done!...:love::clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is indeed lucky to have you for a friend - beautiful ring!! You did a fabulous job!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done! The stone looks fab! Has it already been set? As in - is that the setting she chose? it looks lovely - but I have to say - it gets out-shone by that VC beauty on your finger just peeking in at the side in some of those shots!

Good job, you - she was SO lucky to have you to help her. I know you put a lot into this; I hope she's always grateful for the help you gave her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WELL DONE! :appl::wavey: Looks fabu!:love:

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations LLJsmom, your hunt paid off! Its really lovely!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great beauty! It's always best to persevere: Never let anyone talk you out of what you really want.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and size! You did a good job girl!
AGS 000 = HCA 3.0? A bit of a unicorn perhaps? Because she is just beautiful!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, you have every reason to take pride in this find, LLJsmom... you absolutely nailed it! You truly found a gorgeous stone despite all of the constraints, and your friend is so fortunate that she had you looking out for her! Congrats on a job well done!! :clap:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:

P

PierreBear

What a dear friend you are to her! Way to go on finding such a lovely stone and appreciate you sharing. Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results