shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Amazing Fluorescence Pics - I didn't take them

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been discussing fluorescence with Leibish & Co. www.fancydiamonds.net from whom I have purchased several Fancy Colored Diamonds.
They just sent me 3 cool pics of fluorescence in colored diamonds and I can't help myself; I HAVE to share them.
Enjoy.

Left to Right: Strong Yellow, Strong Orange, Very Strong Yellow, Medium Yellow, Strong White, Strong Blue, Medium Blue, Medium Green, Strong Green, Very Strong Green.

Strong White

Very Strong Yellow Green

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant! Do they have pics of the same stones in normal light, by any chance?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1314569026|3003858 said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant! Do they have pics of the same stones in normal light, by any chance?
I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant too. :sun:

I'll ask about a pic with white light.

BTW, a UV pic of my kids may be appropriate here though several have no florescence.

Here's the same arrangement in white light - BTW they are all resting on table salt.
BTW, this is not the latest version of Kenny's Rainbow Collection.
The 0.16 Fancy Vivid Blue Oval was replaced by a 0.28 Fancy Intense Emerald cut and another Fancy Green pear has been added.
I need to take a new fluorescence pic.

iuytr.png

0202.png

slg47

Ideal_Rock
super cool-thanks for posting these! I would also be interested to see what they look like in normal light

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Deeply cool, Kenny. Just when I thought your collection couldn't get any more enviable ....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, these are awesome! Thanks for sharing kenny!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
I MUST figure out how they got that near-black background near.
I love figuring out photography puzzles.

Asking would be cheating, plus if they told me I'd respect their proprietary property, as I have with other PS vendors who have revealed photography tips in private to me.
I suspect I know how they did it.

Figuring out such photography puzzles is why I'm going to beat my cancer.!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O-oh... I was just remembering them. Oy...

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic use of salt

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That's super-cool. I love fluorescence! Your yellow one with the crazy green fluor is out of this world!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are amaaaaaazing.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
way cool. I love seeing pictures like this.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love:

Thanks for sharing Kenny!

Cachette :))

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amazing photos...fascinating!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!
Do they have pics of the same stones in normal light, by any chance?

Here they are, Circe.
Funny how different the color in white light may be from the color of the fluorescence.
Check out that yellow one near the middle that fluoresces blue! :love:

Fancy Colored Diamonds are fascinating little creatures.

000000003.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the greens and the one they are calling med blue that looks more like light purple! Very cool!

Edit - so which one(s) are you getting Kenny?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1314631365|3004487 said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!
Do they have pics of the same stones in normal light, by any chance?

Here they are, Circe.
Funny how different the color in white light may be from the color of the fluorescence.
Check out that yellow one near the middle that fluoresces blue! :love:

Fancy Colored Diamonds are fascinating little creatures.

That is absolutely fascinating. Thanks for acquiring and posting these, Kenny! I would never have guessed the true color of the one exhibiting white fluorescence. I won't bug Leibish for more shots when they've been so kind to provide these, but, OH, I am curious as to which if any of these exhibit any eye-visible signs in natural light ....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!!

Thanks for sharing Kenny! The lineup of halogen & blacklit is especially interesting..

starshine

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! That is SO cool! Thanks for sharing, Kenny! :appl:

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pics, and amazing natural wonder!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: thanks for sharing that kenny! I just :love: fluor! It adds to the character of the stone IMO. :D

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kenny - Those are awesome! Where did you find them?

ETA - I wish that cutters/vendors would give images of fluorescence in the stones that do fluoresce, as it is something some folks value!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1314643026|3004631 said:
Kenny - Those are awesome! Where did you find them?

Besides just buying FCDs from Leibish I also often ask them questions about every aspect of FCDs, including fluorescence, and they are very helpful.

They sent me these pics so I asked them for permission to post them since they are educational and people get a kick out them.
They are not something you see every day.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, this might be a good time to mention something I noticed about the fluorescence of one of my FCDs.
Clearly the six in the front have no fluorescence.
The Fancy Deep Purplish Pink Emerald Cut placed vertically in the middle has Faint Fluorescence per the GIA report but it does not state which color.
Sometimes they DO name the color.
I wonder how GIA decides whether to name the color of the fluorescence.

Based on what I learned in this thread I think it has faint white fluorescence.
It is not in any way milky in sunlight.

Also that Fancy Vivid Yellow Asscher clearly has some fluorescence going on but the GIA report says, NONE.

The pear has Strong Yellow and the Radiant has strong Green per GIA.
The Fancy Intense Orangy Pink heart on the right got an abbreviated GIA report which does not grade fluorescence, but I'd guess it is Strong or Very Strong Purple-Pink

000ptptpt.png

000ptptpt2.png

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
your yellow asscher is quite fascinating... it's like a black hole... just can't figure out what color it glows...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, notice it is returning a few colors as if from the environment, or from dispersion but none of the other diamonds are doing that.

Very strange.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh oh.
I think I just figured that out.
It is back there with three glowing rocks and I believe it is reflecting their colors.

Sill I think there is some glowing going on in that Yellow that warrants further investigation and pics. :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1314644422|3004651 said:
BTW, this might be a good time to mention something I noticed about the fluorescence of one of my FCDs.
Clearly the six in the front have no fluorescence.
The Fancy Deep Purplish Pink Emerald Cut placed vertically in the middle has Faint Fluorescence per the GIA report but it does not state which color.
Sometimes they DO name the color.
I wonder how GIA decides whether to name the color of the fluorescence.

Based on what I learned in this thread I think it has faint white fluorescence.
It is not in any way milky in sunlight.

Also that Fancy Vivid Yellow Asscher clearly has some fluorescence going on but the GIA report says, NONE.

The pear has Strong Yellow and the Radiant has strong Green per GIA.
The Fancy Intense Orangy Pink heart on the right got an abbreviated GIA report which does not grade fluorescence, but I'd guess it is Strong or Very Strong Purple-Pink

Now that's an interesting thought. I remember that one from one of your other threads - the strange milky blue... do you have any way of finding out, barring sending it for re-submission/appraisal?

Definitely need more pics to figure out what's going on with your yellow. And of course it wouldn't be fair to photograph it by itself.
:sun:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
The Natural History Museum in London has a really amazing collection of fancy color diamonds that show fluorescence. You should go see it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results