shape
carat
color
clarity

3.56 OEC - my "Blue Unicorn"

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
After a few years of old cuts obsession I decided that I finally learned my own tastes and preference enough to make a next move. I said goodbye to most of my old cuts and got the forever one. I should probably add that the first few years of my old cut diamonds journey were spent on searching, buying/returning, and keeping the best examples of old cut variations. Most of them were on the lower color scale. With the time I got used to their cuts, and their colors became more apparent to me. I also came to a conclusion that out of all cut variations, I like later OECs with distinct flower under the table and rather longer petals (comes with slightly larger table).

I posted a preview thread in the “Antique” forum and everybody there were so nice and reassuring. It helped me to make my final decision. So here she is:

3.56 GIA I/SI1 with Strong Blue Fluorescence.
Set in platinum setting (I think it’s repro) with 12 tiny delicate claw prongs. They are so delicate, that I can barely see them.
I call her - my "Blue Unicorn".

Here is the link to JBEG listing of this stone.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...n-Cut/19804036_Qxwpx5#!i=1556511305&k=CmXtKxG

Grace as always was extremely patient and helpful. Buying a diamond, especially old cut can be stressful experience, since each one of them is unique and you cannot easily just move to the next one. Grace makes this experience fun and exciting and stress free (as much as possible ).

Grace, the card you sent with the stone is going to be stored in the vault along with its certificates as part of diamond history .

I took a first set of pictures yesterday. It was 6:30 pm, so not much sun. I spent no more than 5 minutes with the camera. I did not have to twist and turn this stone. She did everything herself.

My pictures from yesterday:

oecbest.jpg

oec3_0.jpg

oec4.jpg

oec1_5.jpg

oec15.jpg

oec14.jpg

oec13.jpg

oec11.jpg

oec12.jpg

oec7.jpg

oec6_0.jpg

And "Thing One and Thing Two" that make me smile at least 100 times per day :twirl:

puppies.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. I can't find any other word, sorry... :lickout: :lickout: :love: :love:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Love the stone, love the name, love the SBF! I hope you'll take SBF pics for us soon too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. THEY DO EXIST. :appl: I wanna see that at the Get Together please.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: 3.56 OEC - my "Blue Unicorn"

Eeeeeeeeegad!!!!! InnaR!!!!!! This diamond is amazing!!!!!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! That is a stunning stone!!!! So makes me want to look for an old cut! Yup, I could go 4 carats. Wow, gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Inna!!! That is soooo magnificent!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl:

(This place is dangerous because I never has DSS with rb's but these are just better the bigger they are!!!)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh!!! love!!!!! :love:

kathness

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!! Congrats :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this stone is amazing !!! The colours are stunning - congratulations! :love:
:appl:

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
That stone is magnificent!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowee!! How stunning, Inna!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Blue Unicorn... it should have a baby, which I will adopt :bigsmile:

Congrats Inna! This is the perfect OEC upgrade, enjoy this beauty for many years to come!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's so impressive! :love: :love: :love: Bet you'll get more than a few compliments from strangers!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the most perfect OEC. Just stunning!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, rainbows for days. Such beautiful color! :love: :love: :love: I can't believe how gorgeous that it. Do you get anything else done??

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I've been drooling over that stone and ring forEVER!!!! It's just perfect in every way. :love:

Congrats!!!!! :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: 3.56 OEC - my "Blue Unicorn"

That is really magnificent. Is the SBF visible to the eye? SO YUMMY!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
I said it before and I'll say it again. I am SO HAPPY you bought this!!! So we psers can continue to see photos of this beauty for years to come!

Your Blue Unicorn is seriously the MOST beautiful OEC :love: ... those first three pictures just KILL ME...seriously...its like it is a barely contained ball of fire in those pictures.. just waiting to blind you...man..

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How stunning with the strong blue flour! LOVE IT! :love: :love: :love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty! And that finger coverage is awesome. Congrats!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It is amazing the gorgeous jewels they find. Enjoy your blue unicorn!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow it is amazing!!! I love the pattern. Congratulations on your ring! And the dogs are super cute too ( I used to have a dog like that :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
To quote Robert Palmer... "SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE"!!! It is a GORGEOUS diamond - incredible! and the setting is superb with it!! Congratulations on finding such a perfect stone to match with a perfect setting, InnaR!

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW I hope to be in your shoes one day my friend.I seriously want a 3.00 OEC and would love to work with Grace when I do take that leap.She's so sweet.always eager to chit chat and never pushy.I was recently looking at a 2.00 stone of theirs but the stars didn't align.Wear that blue baby in good health.Your pooches are cuties btw!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunner for sure!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw that many times on JBEG website - so happy it went to a PSer! It is a special stone for sure!

Enjoy all the sparkles!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Inna! And thing one and thing two are beauties as well! :love:
Hope they don't get jealous of their momma's newest acquisition. :cheeky:

Please post about a billion more pics if you can...or at least a hundred more...pretty please! :appl:

Caza1230

Rough_Rock
The blue unicorn is magnificent! Wear it in good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results