shape
carat
color
clarity

3.50 tcw LGD for drop earrings

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello LGD forum::wavey:
I have it in my head to look into lab grown diamonds for a pair of drop earrings. Solitaire's just don't sit right on my ears.

My first instincts are to look for the best cut since I own a Whiteflash ACA and could not settle for less in performance.

I know I want either RB or OEC and at least 1.75 each which I think is a good size for me. I've yet to see an OEC in person but love images I've seen on this site.

I've been on many of my favorite vendor sites but do not know how to determine the tint of blue or brown that I read happens from post processing. I just can't see what the posters are referring to. Is it the cast of blue or is there a blue tint in the stone? Is this present on HPHT and CVD?
Also what is Type 2a and is it necessary to vet this feature?

My wish list is brilliant, sparkly, crystal clear, Color E/F, VS1 or SI1 depending on the inclusion and how they effect the performance and integrity.
Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 11.59.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 11.53.51 AM.png This style will put me over the budget. Maybe scale down with .50 and 1.70.

It's a no brainer to go back to WF but for earrings I wonder if I have to. JannPaul has me mesmerized but I don't think I could handle all that goes with dealing internationally.

Is there a post with a list of acronyms? I need to refresh my memory.

MrsT
Now a grandmother of 5:)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi MrsT and congratulations on becoming a grandma to #5!
Whiteflash would definitely be a safe avenue to pursue.
If you'd like, I'm more than happy to search the discount sellers for diamonds with proportions and angles that would fall into usual SIC ranges.
Got a budget in mind for just the loose diamonds?

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I neglected to look at budget. I think between $5-8k. Prefer to be on the low end.
maybe the budget is too low for the size and light performance I seek.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found some diamonds that may be a great fit for you, outside of SIC sellers.

Search LooseGrownDiamond and DreamStone for the following:

These would lean towards more fire...CAs are a tiny touch steeper:

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
DW,
Thanks for posting those suggestions. I think I need to see them in person.
Why don't the certs not show the inclusion plots?

I didn't see any noticeable color tints in the videos. Is that because they are D color? Is choosing a D a way to avoid the tint that JP says is a characteristic of many LGD's?

I've been away from PS for awhile. I didn't know there was a limit to the HCA tool!
I used up my three. No matter I really think I need to see these in person.

I'm in NYC often and would like to compare LG with the real thing with my own eyes. That's the only way I'm going to know for sure if LG is the way to go. I think I'll visit the vendor and maybe LaurenB. In the mean time I'll keep reading and learning.

I have a family member who is also interested in LGD's for a future engagement so my research will help them.

Thanks,
MrsT

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results