shape
carat
color
clarity

3.5 ring size? 1.5 carat asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone,
If any of you have small fingers, around size 3.5, and have a picture of your ring with a carat size around 1.5 (in an asscher, princess or radiant shape), please post a pic. I am trying to guage how something will look on my hand. I really love the royal asschers, but they are so expensive, that I could probably only get something around 1.5 carats. I have always heard that they look much smaller than any other cut, so I would like to see exactly how they look.

Thanks for your help

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s actually best for you to go into a store and try things on personally. Photographs are not an accurate representation especially of a fancy cut stone on someone''s finger. Photos can play tricks on your eyes...there was a thread recently where a gal had a .94c stone that looked much bigger and someone calculated it was more like a 1.6c stone or similar. But then she posted another picture and it was clear that the stone was much smaller than in the first shot.

So unfortunately even in tons of pictures were posted, you''d still not get an accurate representation of what a 1.5c round or 1.5c asscher or 1.5 princess would look like on YOUR finger. It also depends on the setting, how high or low the diamond is set into the head...etc!

Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2005 5:47:57 PM
Author:sslkrissi

I have always heard that they look much smaller than any other cut, so I would like to see exactly how they look.
Oh wll, there are princess cuts about 80% deep - those surely don't come any smaller than a Royal Asscher. And they might not be that nice either to boot! Other shapes may come deep cut, of course - any of them. Just try the databvase above for any shape over 74% depth and you will get plenty.

Do you have a certain ring in mind ?
2.gif

Mara is right, but something imperfect can be done online... via CAD design or just plain old picture twaking.

This is CAD, showing three versions of the same ring (same stones) size 3, 6 and 9. Rather different!

ring1_sizes.jpg

The picture comes from HERE, but the site is rather geeky and not easy to use...

Actual ring pictures can be missleading because focusing cameras at close range create false depth (the objects closer to the camera - the diamond - appear magnified relative to those in the background - finger- even if the distance is minuscule by human standards. At close focus those small distances get to be important. Nice for ring adds, but missleading...
38.gif
). Drawings can easily be precise as long as all measurements are in place (for stone, and ring size that is).

Hope some of this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results