shape
carat
color
clarity

3.4mm eternity band comfort

Tsjmom3

Rough_Rock
I'm deciding between 11 stones which goes slightly more than 1/2 way or doing a 13 stone 3/4 band. Is that size tone comfortable between fingers? I wear a size 8, hard on my hands, finger size swells with exercise, weight fluctuates (just trying to give all info so you are able to help).

Just wondering on the comfort level of it between my fingers. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What Ct weight do you want the 11 stones? That will determine how high off the finger your diamonds will sit (depending on the setting). Even low set diamonds can still protrude higher, depending on their size...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear an 8 and I have an eternity with .10 stones. .15 would be no problem!

Tsjmom3

Rough_Rock
They're being set with shared prongs. I'm worried about spinning.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're being set with shared prongs. I'm worried about spinning.

I think 3/4 will be fine. You can always add a motif design on the bare shank, in case you're really bothered by the ring spinning...

Tsjmom3

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I'm just wondering if it'll feel too big/pokey/uncomfortable between my fingers.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I'm just wondering if it'll feel too big/pokey/uncomfortable between my fingers.
Mine is .25 ct each and two rows of 12 diamonds. It's very comfortable, not "pokey" at all, and hardly ever spins (pretty much only when my hand is submerged in water or SUPER wet). I also wear a size 8. I pretty much only take it off when I'm cleaning or crafting with harsh chemicals. I wish I would've gotten mine sized at 7 3/4 because the significant weight of my ring and constant wear has caused my gold band to slightly stretch.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about doing this.

@FeFeV
My DH added a motif design to my WR (it's 1/2 eternity-size 6 ring, finger size 5.5-5.75). My ER has a scrolled/motif/millgrain design on it, so he had the jeweler add the same detail to my wedding band, leaving some open space at the bottom, in case I need(ed) it sized.
@Tsjmom3
My WR is 1/2 Eternity baguettes alternating with rounds. The baguettes are stacked at approx. 15pts/each, and the rounds are approx. 20pts/each. The total carat weight is 1cttw. I don't have any comfort issues, and my diamonds fall between my fingers before the design on the shank begins.
I believe your ring will be comfortable, and lovely! You must share photos, and start a thread!!! Can't wait to see it!! :mrgreen2:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@FeFeV
My DH added a motif design to my WR (it's 1/2 eternity-size 6 ring, finger size 5.5-5.75). My ER has a scrolled/motif/millgrain design on it, so he had the jeweler add the same detail to my wedding band, leaving some open space at the bottom, in case I need(ed) it sized.
@Tsjmom3
My WR is 1/2 Eternity baguettes alternating with rounds. The baguettes are stacked at approx. 15pts/each, and the rounds are approx. 20pts/each. The total carat weight is 1cttw. I don't have any comfort issues, and my diamonds fall between my fingers before the design on the shank begins.
I believe your ring will be comfortable, and lovely! You must share photos, and start a thread!!! Can't wait to see it!! :mrgreen2:
I think this would look awesome on the wide, cigar band style that my ring is on the palm side. Did you or your DH look at different engraving styles first or the jeweler was just creative and free to create the design? I REALLY have been interested in this SO much lately... Sometimes it feels like that plain gold band on the palm side is a neglected feature that doesn't fully compliment how beautiful the diamond side is... It definitely needs some intricacies :think:

Tsjmom3

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind responses! Decided to go with 13 3.4mm stones .15ct each. I tried a similar size on today and it was fine. Cant wait!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind responses! Decided to go with 13 3.4mm stones .15ct each. I tried a similar size on today and it was fine. Cant wait!

SO EXCITING!!! PLEASE SHARE!!! :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this would look awesome on the wide, cigar band style that my ring is on the palm side. Did you or your DH look at different engraving styles first or the jeweler was just creative and free to create the design? I REALLY have been interested in this SO much lately... Sometimes it feels like that plain gold band on the palm side is a neglected feature that doesn't fully compliment how beautiful the diamond side is... It definitely needs some intricacies :think:

@FeFeV
There were no other designs to examine; DH & I both wanted my WR to match my ER. DH was emphatic that the design be added to the WR I really loved; either the jeweler MADE it match, or I had to find something else...lol!! The WR that was designed to match my ER was curved, and didn't stand on its own...not to mention, it had small, single Cut rounds, and I wanted step-Cuts incorporated into it to fit with my EC ER. DH really loves the scroll/millgrain motif design on my ER, and, as far as he was concerned, nothing would have sufficed, unless it met that specification.
Our jeweler was more than happy to use my ER to exactly match the motif & hand engrave my WR. He did an AMAZING job!! I cried when I opened the box, when it was finished! It took him 4-6 weeks to add the detail to my WR, and it was well worth the wait!
IMG_7349.JPG
These details can be added around the entire shank; you don't have to leave space. DK added a floral/millgrain motif to another PSer's band because the plain metal bothered her so much. She, too, had a 1/2-3/4 Eternity of horizontal baguettes. If I can find her thread, I'll tag you in it, so you can see it; DK did an OUTSTANDING job! VC is also known for beautiful motif design craftsmanship!
If you decide to move forward, please let me know...I'd love to see it!!!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@FeFeV
There were no other designs to examine; DH & I both wanted my WR to match my ER. DH was emphatic that the design be added to the WR I really loved; either the jeweler MADE it match, or I had to find something else...lol!! The WR that was designed to match my ER was curved, and didn't stand on its own...not to mention, it had small, single Cut rounds, and I wanted step-Cuts incorporated into it to fit with my EC ER. DH really loves the scroll/millgrain motif design on my ER, and, as far as he was concerned, nothing would have sufficed, unless it met that specification.
Our jeweler was more than happy to use my ER to exactly match the motif & hand engrave my WR. He did an AMAZING job!! I cried when I opened the box, when it was finished! It took him 4-6 weeks to add the detail to my WR, and it was well worth the wait!
IMG_7349.JPG
These details can be added around the entire shank; you don't have to leave space. DK added a floral/millgrain motif to another PSer's band because the plain metal bothered her so much. She, too, had a 1/2-3/4 Eternity of horizontal baguettes. If I can find her thread, I'll tag you in it, so you can see it; DK did an OUTSTANDING job! VC is also known for beautiful motif design craftsmanship!
If you decide to move forward, please let me know...I'd love to see it!!!
Your DH is soooo sweet, what a wonderful partner to start your journey in life together with such care and attention. That snippet you've shared about your love story just sounds so beautiful, thoughtful and sweet.
Your rings are SO gorgeous and totally have that one-of-a-kind aesthetic that I am definitely looking for. You truly have a one-of-one set, and I love it! I have so many projects written on my dry erase board that DH and I discuss weekly (materials sourcing, cost, design concept, etc) but this milgrain idea is moving right to the top! I'm definitely going to be a little sad to have my ring gone for so long to create the design, but in the end I can only imagine elation and feeling that it was totally worth it. I was contemplating starting a colored stone project with my stipend from our end of year bonus, but I think this engraving idea will be much more rewarding at the moment. Thanks so much for tagging me and always helping me round out my ideas! You're the best :angel:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your DH is soooo sweet, what a wonderful partner to start your journey in life together with such care and attention. That snippet you've shared about your love story just sounds so beautiful, thoughtful and sweet.
Your rings are SO gorgeous and totally have that one-of-a-kind aesthetic that I am definitely looking for. You truly have a one-of-one set, and I love it! I have so many projects written on my dry erase board that DH and I discuss weekly (materials sourcing, cost, design concept, etc) but this milgrain idea is moving right to the top! I'm definitely going to be a little sad to have my ring gone for so long to create the design, but in the end I can only imagine elation and feeling that it was totally worth it. I was contemplating starting a colored stone project with my stipend from our end of year bonus, but I think this engraving idea will be much more rewarding at the moment. Thanks so much for tagging me and always helping me round out my ideas! You're the best :angel:
@FeFeV
I am speechless!! Thank you so much for the beautiful compliments!!! My heart just swelled with joy!! You are so sweet!!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm more than happy to help; I have connected with so many kindred spirits, here on PS!! Happy to have found or inspired another!! ;)2 If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask; I can't wait to see the end result!!! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results