shape
carat
color
clarity

3.45ct OEC bling pics

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately not mine......stopped my local estate jewelry store this week and saw this in the case. Thought everyone might enjoy the pics!
Estimated as 3.45 ct, L/VS2 with 1ct of french cut emeralds, set in platinum and 18k.
Beautiful ring--but very wide and somewhat uncomfortable--if I had a pile of cash lying around, I would have been able to deal with the minor discomfort!
The tint is noticeable to me, but I do think I am rather color sensitive. There was a large EC diamond 3ct that was L color, and I definitely noticed the color more in the OEC when looking at both faceup. I took pics with my iphone and thought it photographed whiter.

Some of the french cut emeralds looked dark--as in the pictures. Not sure why this occurs--maybe someone can chime in?

Hope you all enjoy the pics--I keep looking at them when I need a little cheer!

img_623.jpg

img_624.jpg

img_0337.jpg

img_0338.jpg

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Last one

img_0339.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! The color is noticeable but luckily I think it goes well with the setting. Those emerald frenchies are tdf!!!! Not sure why they appear dark sometimes as well, perhaps it is just the angle of the lighting combined with the cut.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's quite a ring! I'm pretty sure there aren't too many of them lying around! I'm sure it was fun to get to try it on, though it DOES look rather uncomfortable! I'm with you though. If someone wanted to gift that baby to me, I'd learn to live with discomfort! ;)) :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That is pretty much my dream art deco ring! what was the price tag?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
EYE POPPING WOW!!! That's a beauty!!!

And you didn't just "add to cart" when you saw it??!! ;))

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! The diamond is nice, but those emeralds!!! They glow!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
The price was equivalent to a moderately upgraded mini cooper S turbo convertible (I've been coveting :Up_to_something: ).....$45K
Although given the choice, I would probably choose the ring.
Spending that much on a ring--I would need to wear it everyday, and unfortunately it is not built for that. If only you could pop the diamond in and out of that setting! Like jackets for earrings, then it would be perfect!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemtastic|1361485216|3386923 said:
The price was equivalent to a moderately upgraded mini cooper S turbo convertible (I've been coveting :Up_to_something: ).....$45K
Although given the choice, I would probably choose the ring.
Spending that much on a ring--I would need to wear it everyday, and unfortunately it is not built for that. If only you could pop the diamond in and out of that setting! Like jackets for earrings, then it would be perfect!

ooh, sounds like you've hit on something! :Up_to_something: Why not?

Love the ring, love the contrast and love love love the green! :love:

And I'm with you- great jewelry over a cool car for sure! Cars don't last forever but your jewels certainly can!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That is very beautiful. I've seen yellow gold reflect in an H color stone with a white bezel and yellow gold basket and shank, so that may contribute to some of the tint you see. I love the small table and high crown. It is lovely.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Unforgetable! Sooooo beautiful! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that's gorgeous Gemtastic! I'm actually curious about the EC they had. Do you happen to know how much that was? Would you mind sharing the name of the store? I've started my hunt for a 3ct EC and am looking at all options possible :bigsmile: Thanks!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really looks like it has some heft to it. I love how the emerald really pops - it is just so bright. That said, when and if you spend $45k on a ring, it should be as comfortable as wrapping yourself up in a down comforter, IMO!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I will trade my car for this ring. I can walk to work. Ride the bus, carpool. Gimme the ring!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun! That is a showstopper for sure!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. I'm really digging green right now.

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Glad you guys enjoy the pics! It is an awesome ring.
Asscher_girl I looked up the EC online (the store has a website)--I was way off. It is 4.75 ct L. It is not a nice stone. I didn't even look at the tag when I tried it on, the stone was that bad. So its $44,999 for a 4.75ct EC. Priced right for carat wt and terrible cut. If you still want the link to the store, I will post, but it isn't worth considering.
I have limited experience in looking at estate jewelry, but I have not found any bargains yet. I recently saw a matched pair of asschers, 3ct each that were sold to the store as earrings (!) The store split the pair and put them into two stock settings. Diamonds were beautiful, GIA G VS2 each, $50K each. No bargain there, and no added benefit from ASET etc. Even with my husband's haggling skills :nono: the price would still be way too high. They must have been amazing earrings though

Sarahbear--the OEC ring is online......let me know if you want the link.......maybe Enerchi can convince your husband to "add to cart" :naughty: You need it to go with your fabulous bracelet!

YT: it is a car equivalent ring.....I just would be sad that I couldn't wear it everyday. Although I guess I could put it on every night when I get home from work, it will match all my sweatpants!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1361517885|3387427 said:
I will trade my car for this ring. I can walk to work. Ride the bus, carpool. Gimme the ring!!!

Haha-I'm with YT! Jewelry outranks car any day!!
Sarah- you need to get this ring to go with your other jewelry! Send your dh our way...we'll convince him! :devil: :naughty:

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Yowza! That is serious ring. I think I could live with the mild discomfort.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
That's a gorgeous ring, but I'd like it better if it were a little less bulky...maybe a smaller version? Blasphemous, I know!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
gemtastic said:
Glad you guys enjoy the pics! It is an awesome ring.
Asscher_girl I looked up the EC online (the store has a website)--I was way off. It is 4.75 ct L. It is not a nice stone. I didn't even look at the tag when I tried it on, the stone was that bad. So its $44,999 for a 4.75ct EC. Priced right for carat wt and terrible cut. If you still want the link to the store, I will post, but it isn't worth considering.
I have limited experience in looking at estate jewelry, but I have not found any bargains yet. I recently saw a matched pair of asschers, 3ct each that were sold to the store as earrings (!) The store split the pair and put them into two stock settings. Diamonds were beautiful, GIA G VS2 each, $50K each. No bargain there, and no added benefit from ASET etc. Even with my husband's haggling skills the price would still be way too high. They must have been amazing earrings though

Hi Gemtastic, that actually seems like a pretty good price for a 4.75 (even if it is an L), but then again if the stone is just bad then it probably is overpriced. It's a bit over my budget but I'm always looking for new estate jewelers to peruse, if you wouldn't mind sharing the link, that would be great. Thanks! That's said they split up those asschers, I bet they would have been incredible earrings.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gem! I actually have checked out Perry's online before, but I don't remember seeing that EC. Yeah, I agree with you, not the prettiest but always good to have more websites on my list :) Thanks!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Can't believe it that element of emerald dots the whole design so perfect!! I have to join in the EYE POPPING chorus! It is so pretty! :appl: :love: ;-)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
What an impressive ring!!! It does look a bit wide. Pretty emeralds though. Thanks for sharing, even if its not yours!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a Super Bowl ring designed by Liberace! 8)

Spectacular. But when can someone wear it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results