shape
carat
color
clarity

3.43 carats bought today!!

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
8F707A5D-8E5C-4B4E-8AD5-298735E3A7AF.jpeg So I started my 3 carat search with a $15,000-$18,000 Canadian dollar budget. Quickly learned that wasn’t going to get me what I want lol! So budget increased as I learned more and more here on Pricescope.
Today my jeweller brought in some stones for me to look at.
I decided on a 3.43 carat L VS2 ideal cut.
It’s amazing. He’s sitting it into a wg pave 4 prong setting and will be ready for pick up in 2 weeks!
These pics don’t show it well.
He also put my old 1.21 rb into a pendant at no charge.
Total cost $30,000 (approx $25,000USdollars). D79885D2-8387-4C60-9FD3-2078EB5B17F5.jpeg I think that’s fair. Honestly I love it and it’s a purchase of a life time so I’m good with that.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And congrats on the pendant!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! That's an L?!? Wow nice. Any more views? Did he set it (place it) on a white gold setting so you could g t a feel for the color? It's going to be gorgeous and HUGE! (More pics please)

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whoa! That's an L?!? Wow nice. Any more views? Did he set it (place it) on a white gold setting so you could g t a feel for the color? It's going to be gorgeous and HUGE! (More pics please)
Thanks! Yes he put it on my old wg setting and it was totally white. No real warm color at all. Shocked it was an L.
Will,post pics of pendant too

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
doubling your budget helps to get what u want:appl::appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the beautiful diamond! And the added necklace too!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to go! I’m so glad you were able to find something that was reasonable within your budget that met your needs!! Congratulations on your new diamond and brand new pendant!!
Please post lots of hand shots when you get the finished ring!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats...I'm glad you found something that works for you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and huge! :appl:Congrats! Love the old stone in the necklace too!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! It is going to be huge and awesome!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since this is Rocky Talky and not Show Me The Bling, and you are still working with the jeweler, I would have him rotate the diamond in the pendant so it is set symmetrically. You might also want to mention to him that you want the big diamond set symmetrically, too. It drives me crazy when jewelers don't pay attention to that in setting.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone! Congrats!!! :love:

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Doesn't look like an L at all!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the ring set. Congrats on the upgrade!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is huge-afull [beautiful and huge]!
Congratulations and cannot wait to see it on your hand.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Diamond looks very crisp, congratulations! Would be nice to see it on your finger to get impression of its huge size!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice stone! Congrats on your purchase!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. I can't wait to see the finished ring!

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since this is Rocky Talky and not Show Me The Bling, and you are still working with the jeweler, I would have him rotate the diamond in the pendant so it is set symmetrically. You might also want to mention to him that you want the big diamond set symmetrically, too. It drives me crazy when jewelers don't pay attention to that in setting.
Funny you mention that because he wasn't happy with how the pendant rotated when I put it on He will be fixing that but I wanted to wear it until I pick up my ring in 2 weeks Tell me what you mean by symmetrical Thanks!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'm curious about the symmetrical thing too!

I'm super pumped for your ring!! Can't wait to see that beauty in it's new blingy pave home!
Congrats!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Funny you mention that because he wasn't happy with how the pendant rotated when I put it on He will be fixing that but I wanted to wear it until I pick up my ring in 2 weeks Tell me what you mean by symmetrical Thanks!

The table facet (octagon) is not aligned properly with the prongs. It is rotated, which makes the entire piece look asymmetrical. It's easier for the bench jeweler not to pay attention to that. They can work more quickly that way. It bothers me. We care about symmetry in stones, and it stands to reason that the symmetry should be carried over to the setting.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The table facet (octagon) is not aligned properly with the prongs. It is rotated, which makes the entire piece look asymmetrical. It's easier for the bench jeweler not to pay attention to that. They can work more quickly that way. It bothers me. We care about symmetry in stones, and it stands to reason that the symmetry should be carried over to the setting.
Ah got it! Yes I can totally see that. Amazing what you don’t pick up when you don’t know this stuff. The amount of info here is amazing. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results