shape
carat
color
clarity

3.41 carat antique cushion

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Well, I've managed to make some progress in my search for a big stone. :appl: Fearing that I was 'missing out' on not having a H&A stone, I visited a few B&M shops yesterday and tried on some ideal rounds. They were beautiful, no doubt, but not quite...right. I much prefer the light performance of my JbEG antique cushion. The large flashes of pastel colors makes my heart race in a way that pinfire does not. So, the hunt is narrowed to OECs, OMCs, or antique cushions only. :love:

The first suggestion I received from Perry was dismissed because, despite the fact it was 3.01 carats, it was only 8mm. Really, really deep - the crown was sky high. The AGS graded the light performance as ideal, and I have no doubt it was gorgeous, but just smaller than what I'm wanting with this purchase. Next up, a 3.41 carat antique cushion.

Here is the GIA cert:

3.41%20K%20VS2-CUSHION.jpg

Perry stated that the cutter felt as though it should have received a J color grading, and that he agrees with the cutter 100%. Regardless, it is not a concern even if it is a true K - that is what my current stone is, in GIA standards.

And here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-yMDNfXI8&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think of this stone?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely not an expert but wow, that looks gorgeous to me!!!! :love: :love: :love:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
justginger said:
The first suggestion I received from Perry was dismissed because, despite the fact it was 3.01 carats, it was only 8mm. Really, really deep - the crown was sky high. The AGS graded the light performance as ideal, and I have no doubt it was gorgeous, but just smaller than what I'm wanting with this purchase.

Justginger,
That 3.01 just took my breath away. Probably the most beautiful stone I have ever seen. I bet that sky high crown produces enormous fire. That would definitely be my choice over the bigger one. But my finger is size 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRANBAk4oqU&feature=plcp

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Looks gorgeous in the video! But, I can't comment on the specs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's an 8 main and those are usually nice and also very hard to find. Are you gonna see it in person?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh hubba hubba hubba!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, they are both GORGEOUS but I love the 3.01 with the HIGH crown :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
blink blink blink!!!
Gorgeous!!! Love the cut! Is it "the one"?? :naughty:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Perry assures me that it has spectacular light performance, but I really appreciate hearing what other people think as well -- especially those who don't stand to make any money, one way or the other. :))

My issue now is a matter of timing. I need a return period through the first week of June, as that will be the first time I will be able to view in person. Leon's return period is not that long, and cannot be extended to that length. So my options are to purchase with no in-person viewing before the end of the return period, or wait until the 29th of May to buy it (hoping it hasn't been purchased by someone else in the meantime). Adam and Mark are both also searching inventory on my behalf, so they may have other suggestions. I do think this is a very high quality, large size stone for the asking price.

Dilemma. I just don't think I can bear to make this size of a purchase with what equates to no return policy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about an appraiser? Can you have them both (or the one you like the best, for me that's the bigger one) sent to Neil Beaty or David Wolfe and have them ASET it for you and tell you what they think and what they recommend in terms of buying, passing or picking?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I just drooled all over my keyboard!! That diamond is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm marrying it and running away.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love the first one...gorgeous. :love: As to the return policy...not good, but as Gypsy suggested, perhaps send it to an appraiser?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Are you still searching JG? I just saw a 4ct OEC come up in the JBEG email, but it is N/O color. It reminded me of that 4ct OEC that's here in Perth. I know it didn't sell so if you are interested we may be able to figure out a way to get the contact details to you?

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1336352259|3188950 said:
Are you still searching JG? I just saw a 4ct OEC come up in the JBEG email, but it is N/O color. It reminded me of that 4ct OEC that's here in Perth. I know it didn't sell so if you are interested we may be able to figure out a way to get the contact details to you?

The JbEG 4.09ct OEC also reminds me a lot of my 4.09ct OMB - similar colour and dimensions, but with a slightly smaller culet and a more consistently round shape. It's absolutely beautiful. I would love to have it.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
HOT, what a gem - thanks for thinking of me. :)) I am still searching and suspect that the decision will come down to the wire in terms of time. I anticipate choosing and purchasing around the 28th of this month, due to the timing of my necessary return period. If I can't find the perfect stone, I'll wait a while. My kitchen could use a renovation... :wink2:

I will email Erica about this one though. Am very interested in seeing it, I love Z's ring! We could have twin Perth stones (though my budget defo doesn't have space for her amazing setting!) :love:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I can't wait to see what you end up with! I'm sure it will be incredible (even if it ends up being a new kitchen :bigsmile: )

trueblue101

Shiny_Rock
InnaR|1336150735|3187577 said:
justginger said:
The first suggestion I received from Perry was dismissed because, despite the fact it was 3.01 carats, it was only 8mm. Really, really deep - the crown was sky high. The AGS graded the light performance as ideal, and I have no doubt it was gorgeous, but just smaller than what I'm wanting with this purchase.

Justginger,
That 3.01 just took my breath away. Probably the most beautiful stone I have ever seen. I bet that sky high crown produces enormous fire. That would definitely be my choice over the bigger one. But my finger is size 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRANBAk4oqU&feature=plcp

I was the one who almost bought this stone and I have to say that it was amazing in person and reasonably. I really hope a fellow pricescoper can snatch it up!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results