carat
color
clarity

3.4 I SI1 OEC for sale

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
I know that some PSers are often hunting for beautiful OEC's that are larger and my jeweler just sent me a newly aquired stone via email since he knows how much I love OEC's. The faceting pattern is beautiful on this stone and if he can't get it to sell...he's considering recutting it. I told him not to and gave him contact info for JBEG, GOG and OWD and also loupetroop to have him try those markets first if he can't sell it as it is-and also figured I'd post it here just in case someone would be interested at all.

I have no clue if the price is fair-but I'm sure it's not firm ($36,500). I only have one photo but I'm also linking to his store. Adam is very nice and if I wanted a large stone like this and could afford it I'd be all over it :)

Enjoy!

http://www.billleboeufjewellers.com/estate-pieces/

e7247.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, gorgeous!!! I think there are a few people here searching for OEC's...hope they see this! Totally droolworthy IMO!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mmmm, so pretty! I hope it sells with no re-cut! I'm glad this jeweler is at least giving it a chance, good guy!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I would love to save this OEC!!! I so wish it were 10-15K less!!! Does that look transitional to you all?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think EGL will grade it transitional.

Who graded this an I SI1?

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
"I have a problem, but it’s a good one. What should I do with this diamond? Re-cut it to an ideal cut modern round brilliant weighing 3.10 carats give or take a point or two. Or leave it original."

SOME ONE SAVE THIS! ;( ;( ;( ;(

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

I certainly hope they don't recut it, that would be such a shame. :nono:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke to him. Sounds like the price is firm. ;(

SoonerSage

Rough_Rock
valmanin|1363459637|3406439 said:
I spoke to him. Sounds like the price is firm. ;(

That's too bad. If it were a better price, with a cert, I would really like to buy! Very beautiful.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap my post got deleted some how.

Fly by post since I have to cook dinner.

Grading is his own although I'm not sure what standard he uses-although with the amount of interest and $ involved he probably would consider sending it downtown to EGL for grading.

He said a few people have called-so I'm assuming one of you is from Texas :)

Table % is 53% and he sent me more photos.

It's a bummer the price is firm but I'm assuming he's basing it on what he could get if he recut it to a RB ;(

_4502.jpg

_4503.jpg

_4504.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Faceting looks just like mine!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heard back from Adam and he would send it to GIA for grading since that's where he went to school and so the grading is per GIA standards. He would be happy to get it certified as well if the buyer requests.

That being said if it's the color he thinks it is from my understanding stones of that size/color for an OEC or tranny are few and far between correct?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
A couple thousand less and I'd be strongly considering possibilities! I love this stone!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if Adam would do a trade ?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I wish I had 37K lying around, I'd TOTALLY swipe this beauty up!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about this stone all day! :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1363483549|3406782 said:
A couple thousand less and I'd be strongly considering possibilities! I love this stone!

Ginger, it wouldn't hurt to contact him and make an offer! This stone needs a loving home and I could think of none better than yours!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1363523686|3407026 said:
justginger|1363483549|3406782 said:

Ginger, it wouldn't hurt to contact him and make an offer! This stone needs a loving home and I could think of none better than yours!! :appl:

Yes indeed!! Please save it from the travesty of a recut!!! And its just like Dreamers!! WOW - that's a WINNING OEC if we've ever seen one!!

Oh, I hope he will not recut that gorgeous OEC ;( :nono:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I know this sounds flat out ridiculous, but I think it might be a bit too small. :tongue: I'd be losing .3-.65mm and taking a financial loss if I had to consign Poppy. I don't mind losing money if I'm at least maintaining dimensions and getting a round stone. I think I need to be happy with what I have...for now. :))

I do agree that this definitely needs to stay in original condition though. The color/clarity/size combo is simply too rare to lose to a modern cut.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1363527847|3407065 said:
I know this sounds flat out ridiculous, but I think it might be a bit too small. :tongue: I'd be losing .3-.65mm and taking a financial loss if I had to consign Poppy. I don't mind losing money if I'm at least maintaining dimensions and getting a round stone. I think I need to be happy with what I have...for now. :))

I do agree that this definitely needs to stay in original condition though. The color/clarity/size combo is simply too rare to lose to a modern cut.

Absolutely does *not* sound ridiculous! I love this diamond but it wouldn't satisfy my size requirements either. :cheeky:
I wonder about the color here...it would be good if the jeweler obtained a GIA cert for it in any case...

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover229 said:
It's a bummer the price is firm but I'm assuming he's basing it on what he could get if he recut it to a RB

This is what scares me! :nono: :errrr:

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's sooooo beautiful.. Where is my 37k!!!! Somebody needs to save this diamond.

Maybe if I sell all my jewels, I can buy it... The faceting is amazing

D

Deactivated member 42515

Nope, still need about another 7k

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1363539048|3407174 said:

YT, you crack me up! :D

I feel the same way...this stone just looks so exceptional...Oh if I had the money to save this from the cutter's wheel, or whatever someone uses to recut a stone...I should youtube it so I know what I'm talking about...

D

Deactivated member 42515

junebug17 said:
YT|1363539048|3407174 said:

YT, you crack me up! :D

I feel the same way...this stone just looks so exceptional...Oh if I had the money to save this from the cutter's wheel, or whatever someone uses to recut a stone...I should youtube it so I know what I'm talking about...
Hahaha is it a cutter's wheel? When I read that I thought of a sexy blacksmith covered in sweat hammering out a hot, red sword.
I think I need to go get some. Brb.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope a pSer buys it since I heard he has a local buyer who's interested and I want more pictures of this beauty!!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, in general, what is the most *common* color that most people buy for OECs? What is the most desired color?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TitanCi|1363675045|3408454 said:
Ladies, in general, what is the most *common* color that most people buy for OECs? What is the most desired color?

That's an interesting question Titan and I don't know what the most "common" color is for old cuts but I I know lower colors are more common with them than modern cuts.

I would also say that for old cuts more than any other it is hard to say what a specific cut off color requirement would be. Meaning it depends on the specific stone itself because each old cut seems to show color uniquely if that makes any sense. For example, with a modern cut, I can safely say that my sweet spot is G. Anything H and above is too tinted for me. However, with old cuts, color shows up differently and I for one cannot generalize as each old cut has to be examined on its own to determine the color appearance. Though I have noticed that many old cuts appear whiter (especially face up) than their modern counterparts when comparing the same color grade for each.

I have seen tinted old cuts that are too tinted for my tastes and they are actually a higher color than my old cut which doesn't appear tinted to me at all. So it appears with old cuts that each stone has its own personality and shows color in a unique and different way and therefore should be examined individually before crossing it off the list based on color (within reason that is-obviously if you don't like any color you wouldn't be looking at a Q color lol).

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news....Adam isn't going to recut the stone! :appl: He's fallen in love with this old beauty too (can you blame him?!) it's stunning and I've only seen photos. I'm *trying* to figure out a way to swing up to Barrie this coming Saturday but alas the car will be getting the brakes done and I can't drive it while it's being worked on. But I might have to beg to borrow a car while it's being done so I can go see this beauty. :love: :love: And take some hand shots!

He also has a stunning 3 stone ring with antique stones as well that I've seen in person that is amazing as well. Talk about finger coverage!

He sent me more info and pictures. Here is what he sent me in the latest email:

Image e7247.1 and e7247.2 show grade setting inclusion at 5:30 1/3 of way inside table boarder. Little tiny dark crystal.

I also believe in larger stones-they are usually lower in color. I'd say K-M or so? I can't say for certain since I've only seen a few stones on the market on JBEG and OWD have some but they are quite expensive once you hit J or above. Here are some stones I found.

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=1237&SHAPE=EU

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=1200&SHAPE=EU

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=1523&SHAPE=EU

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=4016&SHAPE=EU

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=1180&SHAPE=EU

_4584.jpg

_4585.jpg

_4586.jpg

_4587.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results