shape
carat
color
clarity

3.23 J VS2 with SBF - what do you think???

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
ASET and IS were taken one-handed with my iPhone (!!) so excuse the photo quality.

img_4194_0.jpg

img_4202_0.jpg

img_4203-1.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh...
That blue tone is just dazzling.
so white, so bright :love:

I would like to see a shot taken under a strong direct sunlight. :pray: :pray:

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
flyingpig|1456343042|3995017 said:
I would like to see a shot taken under a strong direct sunlight. :pray: :pray:

Here's my best shot at capturing the fluor ...
fullsizerender_2_18.jpg
fullsizerender_3_11.jpg
fullsizerender_4_5.jpg
img_4164__1_.jpg

Plus a better close up showing arrows and a slightly better ASET view.

fullsizerender_134.jpg

img_0381.jpg
img_0336__1_.jpg

Sorry so many photos but (although I'm a complete amateur!) I love photography.

So what do you all think?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I like :love: ! I'm fine with fluorescence but what do you think?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautifully cut stone - what do you think of it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks like a nice stone!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all! I am relatively new to MRBs - just upgraded from a cushion to an OEC and then decided recently to switch to an MRB - but I think it's fantastic. Bright bright bright and white, love the fluor, and it looks like it's shooting off sparks under my chandelier this evening. Looks like a winner!

Do you all think the ASET/IS images look okay? I wasn't sure about that piece.

Thanks!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Veltiesmom|1456369592|3995323 said:
Thanks all! I am relatively new to MRBs - just upgraded from a cushion to an OEC and then decided recently to switch to an MRB - but I think it's fantastic. Bright bright bright and white, love the fluor, and it looks like it's shooting off sparks under my chandelier this evening. Looks like a winner!

Do you all think the ASET/IS images look okay? I wasn't sure about that piece.

Thanks!

out of curiosity, doesn't WF provide its own ASET/IS images??

The Whiteflash Virtual Selection Diamond Service
Upon receipt of your payment we will have the manufacturer ship the diamond to Whiteflash where it will undergo careful review by Whiteflash gemologists. Should any problems be discovered with the diamond such as chips or scratches, or anything inconsistent with the lab certificate, you will be advised. Upon passing inspection the diamond will be sent to our photography department for actual photographs and light performance imaging including ASET and IdealScope. Your diamond consultant will then forward you all the results of our analysis for your approval. You will then have two business days to determine how you wish to proceed. You may elect to take delivery on the loose diamond in order to invoke the 10-day approval policy, waive the approval process and go to production, or return the diamond to the supplier.

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
I believe so, but this is a virtual selection stone, so it's not in-house at WF. (I'm purchasing through another vendor, I just linked to the stone thru WF so you all could see the details.) The listing has no images, and my vendor does not use ASET, so you all are stuck with my crappy ASET-thru-iPhone images! Sorry about that!

EDITING TO ADD: In case I wasn't clear about this, I haven't actually bought the stone. I'm just inspecting it to see if I want it. Need to decide soon - so please feel free to give honest feedback! Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The fluorescence makes me love it even more! The images are all fine! As long as you have decided that a modern round is your best option, I think this is a great stone! :love:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have seen some of your other posts with other diamonds you were considering and I have to say that this one knocks the socks off all the others! Its stunning, both in terms of cut and also with the blue fluoro. :appl: I think its a real find. Hope you decide to buy it! Great photos by the way :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone you are considering, I have a J with VSBF and I just love it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a huge fluorescence fan but I think this stone is beautiful! I agree with a previous poster - compared to the other stone you had, this is a winner! I don't know about the price though but you can put the size, color and clarity in the toolbar at the top of the page to do a semi price comparison.

I think you've found your stone!!

Alexiskletjian

Rough_Rock
Trade
Beautiful pattern, I'd love to see her in motion.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's not to like? Stunning!!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Bought it!

Thanks to all you PriceScopers for your help - but a particularly big thank you to DiamondSeeker, who has put up with all of my questions and emails for months now trying to find the right stone! :appl:

And a HUGE thank you to Adam at Old World Diamonds for helping me switch horses mid-stream (OEC to MRB) without blinking an eye, and for going way above and beyond (i.e. sending me NINE different diamonds) to find me what I wanted. Adam is truly a saint.

More details about my crazy 6 month diamond search to follow, once I have a finished ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of this stone on your hand. It should be stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is, your patience paid off! :appl: :appl: :appl: Never settle when it isn't what you want. You held out for great cut and near colorless range. I think you were very smart to stick with the search until you had a potentially forever stone! :love: I can't wait to see it set!!!

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Did Adam source this stone for you? If so that's awesome; didn't know if he did modern stones. What are you thinking of for a setting? Inspiration pics??

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Adam did source it. OWD has another arm of its business that sells modern stones, so Adam has access to a large inventory of those as well. I looked at 7 or 8 OECs and just couldn't find one that checked all the boxes, so we changed our search to look for an MRB. As it turned out he didn't have anything in house at the moment that suited my needs, so he was kind enough to source the stone from another dealer (which I don't think he often does but he did in this case). I can't say enough about his customer service, really. I was such a giant pain in the butt! :errrr: But he was gracious throughout.

I had to rethink the setting thing entirely when I switched from an OEC, since I had been planning an antique-style setting. Now I am leaning toward asking Victor Canera to make me a variation on his Jocelyn with scalloped basket except with U cut instead of bright set pave, thin (1.8mm) shank, plus a donut and cathedral shoulders.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-jocelyn-with-scalloped-basket

I think the end result would be a bit similar to this LM setting I've always admired:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-3-33ct-leon-mege-411-style-ring.186462/

But I am actively taking suggestions!! :naughty:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a find, it's stunning and I adore the blue fluorescence!! Can't wait to see how you set it! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow thats a real beauty loving your photos showing arrows - you take great pictures

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a stunning diamond :love: I think you hit the Jackpot on this one. You were in good hands between DS and Adam, glad you finally found THE one!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I personally love flor - your stone looks gorgeous to me !!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow gorgeous!! Beautiful pictures too! :appl:
The sbf is so cool!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This stone is almost identical to the one I selected for my recent upgrade, but with fluorescence, which I would have preferred! So I say YES!!! :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is absolutely breathtaking. The size is perfect on your hand. The blue flouro is amazing, cut is beautiful, color is bright white. Congratulations, what a great find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results