shape
carat
color
clarity

3.22 pink tourmaline from RDG sellout -how to set?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
To be honest I quite like the side view, with the straighter top, and even where the shoulders join the shank. I have quite big fingers (right hand is size 7) so can carry a bigger design.
Then this is what matters :)) I don't mind the padded shoulders either but I do think he could be a little more imaginative with the design inside it and the basket.

Perhaps have a look at the ring baskets and pierced work over at HOW (Hearts of Water) on etsy for some inspiration.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My concern about where the shoulders meet the shanks is more than aesthetic regardless of finger size I think a noticeable bump like that will be uncomfortable in between your fingers.

As for the shoulders, if you like them that's what matters. its hard to give advise when just presented with the cads, I wasn't sure how happy you were with the current design.

7 isn't that big of fingers ;-)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, most jewelry stores stock size 7s because it's an average size. :cheeky:

I have had a lot of CAD projects and that looks very chunky. Unless your jeweler plans on a lot of manual labor in removing a lot of material, it will be a very heavy and chunky ring.

I agree with Niel on the shoulders meeting the shank.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I love it with yellow! I feel like the white sort of washes it out, and the rose is pretty but doesn't make the stone pop as the center of attention. Either way though, it'll be gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the inspiration pic, but the CAD looks very bulky.

Don't chop my head off but I love your beautiful stone with the white gold :love:

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1411750568|3757401 said:
Don't chop my head off but I love your beautiful stone with the white gold :love:

I think I do too, but I am trying to listen to the experts.

Rightyo, I have done a magic job in photoshop and come up with this. Is this more what we are thinking? Obviously more fluid in the lines and the outside as close to the diamonds as possible.

aly_mock_up_3.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
You may have moved the third diamond a little too close to the others but have the tapering right I think.

Also, just ask him to check the amount of metal each side of the two smaller diamonds. The space at the top looks wider than the space between the bottom diamond and the edge - this may just be the angle but better to ask than be sorry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The taper is great but are you absolutely sure you need that 3rd diamond down the shank? It adds a lot of bulk to the ring, making it look more like the 80's shoulderpads instead of feminine accents.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you make any progress regarding the design of your ring Glammosher?

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Sigh. No nothing more yet.

Chrono - eek 80's shoulder pads? Noooooo I lived thru them once (maybe the 70's were worse, not sure now)! But I think the 3 on each side will be OK. I'll wait and see. I need to take the stone to my dude and have him see it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results