shape
carat
color
clarity

3.15ctw Studs in custom Whiteflash 6-prong Crown Settings

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
My 8-month earring journey is over.

Thanks to Whiteflash for being "the best" while I found the right studs for me. They provided outstanding customer service along with fabulous diamond quality and remarkable workmanship.

Also, thanks to Yssie for her approval to use her 8-prong crown settings (also made by WF) as inspiration for my 6-prong version.

Diamonds are 1.585 and 1.564 I VS2 A Cut Above.

Please feel free to skip to the photos. Following is my journey recap...

Last June, I had a plan to recut my 2ctw diamond studs and get jackets.

I sent out my studs to get recut and the whole process was long and aggravating; the recut evaluation, the actual recut, and waiting for quotes on the settings & jackets. I had the recut diamonds sent back to me unset.

In the meantime, I tried another vendor to get a quote on jackets with no response after 3 attempts to contact them.

I went to local jewelers and had no luck finding what I wanted.

After 5 months with no studs, I contacted Whiteflash to purchase new studs.

I received 3.4ctw (1.7ct each) I color ACA’s in 6-prong martini settings. They were beautiful. But, they were a little too big. When I looked into the mirror, I could not see the edge of my earlobe and that bothered me.

The next pair was 2.6ctw (1.3ct each) H color Expert Selection in 6-prong martini settings. They were really the perfect size for my earlobe and they were beautiful. I just did not love them immediately and the settings sat too deep into my ear because I tend to push backs on tight.

At first, I was planning on keeping the same size diamonds and trying a different setting. Then, Whiteflash got in some new diamonds and I ended up increasing the size.

I have had them for two days and I am super happy! They are the right combination of size and setting type for me.

custom-6-prong-basket-diamond-earrings-in-18k-white-gold-by-whiteflash_34560_g.jpg

custom-6-prong-basket-diamond-earrings-in-18k-white-gold-by-whiteflash_34560_f.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: 3.15ctw Studs in custom Whiteflash 6-prong Crown Setting

GORGEOUS!!!! Love the crown look!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yayyyy!!! Looks sooooo awesome! And the size is just perfection!! An of course I am a huggge fan of Yssie's crown setting! I love the 6 prongs!

Huge and beautiful!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad you're finally happy w/ your new studs--I think this was the original size you were looking for in the first place! WF did a great job once again! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh my!! Those are incredible settings ( woo hoo Yssie!!) and the studs are AWESOME on your ears!!! WOW - I am blinded by your bling!!

Congrats on such gorgeous diamonds and so happy that after 8 months, you finally have your "bling-on"!! Beautiful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are HUGE and so WHITE! Can we see some shots of scintillation and fire please? :cheeky: :cheeky: That's my favorite!

They look lovely on you, especially against your dark hair.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Yup, those are absolutely perfect! I love them!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Look lovely in your ears!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are absolutely stunning!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful! Love the last shot with your rings and bracelet the best!

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock

Totally worth waiting for! They are beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I absolutely love those and think the size looks perfect on you! :love: :appl: (I also prefer a flat bottom and they were kind enough to find low set baskets (like Tiffany's) for me since I didn't want to go custom when there is a slight chance I may eventually upgrade.)

I am glad it takes someone besides me a few tries to reach the perfect pair! :lol:

But it is SO worth it!!! :appl:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

They look AMAZING on the side shot of your ears. You have perfect little lobes. I'm jealous. lol

Anne

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

AHHHHH these are PERFECTION! I love those settings and they are the perfect size :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!!!
:love: :love: :love:

Okay, I'll say it - I'm jealous of your studs! Yours, mom2boys'... 8) The 6 prongs work really well - they round out the stone and leave lots of room for cleaning! And that's a fantastic size in your ears :sun:

Congrats Donna! It sounds like it's been quite a journey for you - I hope these little guys make you very happy :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad you are happy - they are perfect and couldn't be a smidge bigger or they'd go over the line as too big IMHO! I love the settings as well! Doesn't it feel great to finally have the perfect pair?

Enjoy them - they are gorgeous!

jennified

Rough_Rock

So pretty!!!!! :)

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock

liaerfbv – Thanks, I love the crown look as well.

mom2boys – Yes, this is the size I was originally planning. Thank you for your help!

Enerchi – Thank you, they feel as awesome as they look. Double woo hoo to Yssie!

minousbijoux – I will try for a scintillation and fire shot.

YT, Rosebloom, motownmama, Laila619 and jennified – Thank you!

pandabee – Thanks, I think PSers like the IRL shots so I am glad I got a good one.

OneFifty – Since I now have them, it was worth the wait. I almost gave up and had my recut diamonds put back in the old settings. So glad I found WF as they were great through the whole process.

diamondseeker2006 – Thank you for all your comments and suggestions throughout. The flat bottom is better for me. Different settings just work/look different on different lobes. The original 1.7’s looked great on my daughter but these look awful on her, too far off her lobe and as if they are going to fall off.

Anne – It is tough posting a close up photo of your ear so thank you for the lobe compliment.

stargurl78 – Thanks! Just so you know, it was your studs and jackets that inspired my original plan to recut my diamonds and add jackets. I am happy it did not work out because I am so happy with these. I may still do it in the future. Your studs and jackets are beautiful!

Yssie – A BIG Thank You to you! They are making me very happy.

MissGotRocks – It does feel great to have the perfect pair. I was not kidding in another thread when I said, “it is hard to think reasonably without the proper earrings”. I need to wear earrings everyday and I prefer studs.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful crown backings! I think they look so elegant and classic! :love:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

They're gorgeous!!! I love the settings!!! :love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and perfect in every way! These are even more amazing irl! So fun to see you at the PS GTG! And can I just say these are some of the most gorgeous studs I have ever seen?! They looked G color on your ears! Talk about sparkle factor!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so great to see these IRL. They are stunning, and you are a lovely person!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous in every way!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
These are the very definition of Classic - congratulations! Beautiful and timeless!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and perfect in every way! These are even more amazing irl! So fun to see you at the PS GTG! And can I just say these are some of the most gorgeous studs I have ever seen?! They looked G color on your ears! Talk about sparkle factor!
@goldenfire Thank you! It was fun to see you at the PS GTG as well. Looking forward to getting together again soon.

Loved your studs and tennis bracelet! Your studs are so white and huge! Makes think I should go bigger and lower color.
@hypermom Thank you. I loved your necklace! If you are considering going bigger, I recommend the lower color for the cost factor. Plus as you saw, they are beautiful.

It was so great to see these IRL. They are stunning, and you are a lovely person!!
@Starfacet Thank you, you are so sweet! Glad we had a chance to visit on Saturday.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!!! Congrats!!!! Great size and impact on ears!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results