shape
carat
color
clarity

3.10ct Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''ve lurked for a long time, but haven''t posted much. I love looking at everyone''s rings.

I just received a new cushion. This will be an upgrade for me from my H&A round that I purchased a few years ago. I am trying to decide how I want to set it...basically halo or no halo. Well, here are a few pics:

Bathlight.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
This one is with natural light coming in:

naturallight.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
This one is on the countertop:

granite.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
This one is inside with my current e-ring:

indoors.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Last one outside on a cloudy day:

cloudyday.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Ugh...looks like the poor cushion is dirty already (not to mention my poor RB). I need an ultrasonic!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
G
30.gif
RGE
30.gif
US R
30.gif
CK!

I vote halo all the way, baby!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YOWZA!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Its beautiful!! I vote non-halo in a pave setting with split claw prongs!!! Either way, you can''t lose....Enjoy, and congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Goooooooorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That cushion is so stunning, it really doesn''t matter how you set it b/c I''m sure it''ll steal the show anyway!!! LOOOVE IT and can''t wait to see what you end up doing with it!!!
9.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! I vote for the classic Harry Winston cushion halo
emthup.gif

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone. I love it!

Albicocca, I adore your ring. The vendor I am dealing with says that he carries Ritani, so I am thinking of getting the Ritani Endless Love since I just love the look of a thin band with a big stone. I just have to decide if I want the Endless Love with halo or without.

The Harry Winston cushion halo type setting sounds wonderful, as well. I have a lot of thinking to do! I also have to decide what to do with my round.
1.gif

edited to add: Albi, I know your ring is a Vera Wang, but I thought since my vendor carries Ritani it would give a similar look (minus the beautiful diamonds on the prongs, of course
1.gif
)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

halo halo halo
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!!! I think it would look great either way.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 12:35:43 PM
Author: SilverLily
Albicocca, I adore your ring.

Awwww, thanks SilverLily!!!!
9.gif
I looove the Ritani too & think your cushion would be gorgeous in it!!!! If you''re going to go the halo route, though, I think I prefer the Harry Winston style to the Ritani halo...not sure why. But I''m so flattered you remembered & like my ring!!
9.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Do you have any other specs on it? Can''t wait to see the finished ring!!!! (BTW, I vote Ritani, no halo) :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love the chunky facets and the general shape of it, very antique looking. I could envision it in a split shank rather than a halo, let it shine alone. Either way would be beautiful though. Do you have any more specs on it?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's an AMAZING stone! Great choice!!! I think it would be POW on a Ritini band ... sans halo. Every stone has it's own little personality & relation to the wearer and size profiles etc ... and, I dunno why ... but I envision that one: solitaire.

Unlesssssss.... you live in a very blingy area .... then mayyyyybbbeeee.

ETA: Have you seen Tiger007's similar size cushion set east/west on a sparkly band ... oh man ... that could turn your head!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have my DREAM DIAMOND right there in your hand!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Long shape, big fat facets.....sigh. Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming......

Pleeeease don''t halo that beauty! It''s freakin'' huge already and I think that a halo will detract from those unbelievable facets. If it were mine, I''d want the facets to be the star of the show, and would put it in a solitaire setting with split claw prongs. I like Dani''s idea of a thin, pave shank.

Are you wearing this as a RHR or as your engagement ring? Either way, I''d still set it as I described above. (will you be returning your round to the jeweler as part of the upgrade?) Congrats!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
18.gif
18.gif
3.gif
3.gif
18.gif
18.gif
3.gif
3.gif

With all due respect to your NOT TO SHABBY H&A :), Mr. Cushion blows it away. WHO says that only rounds have all the beauty from light return....Please!

Congrats. That is a stunner!!!!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch check it out.
18.gif

eastwestcushmege.JPG

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I love halos, but I also feel that I want the stone to be the star of the show. So I am leaning toward the Ritani without halo right now, though split shank might also be a good idea. I love so many different settings.

I got the diamond from....The Cushion Man himself, Mark Turnowski. He was wonderful and found the perfect stone for me. He understood exactly what I was looking for. Some specs from the GIA cert:

3.10ct Cushion Brilliant
J Color (just gorgeous...just a hint of warmth, not yellow at all).
SI2 clarity (totally eye clean...can only see inclusions with magnification).
dimensions: 9.61 x 8.22 x 5.45
table: 55%
depth: 66.3%
girdle: thin - very thick
culet: medium
polish: very good
symmetry: good
no fluorescence - I wanted a stone with fluorescence, but couldn''t pass this one up even though it didn''t have any.

My round diamond is from another vendor, so I will not be trading it in. I may set it into a pendant. I originally thought that I would trade it in for a larger round, but decided that I like fancy shapes in larger diamonds. Once I decided on a cushion, I knew the perfect person to go to was Mark.

I was a little nervous about the color of the cushion since my round is an F color, but all my worries went out the window when I saw this cushion. It has a soft glow when compared to my icy white round, but it doesn''t look yellow at all.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. If it wasn''t for Pricescope, I wouldn''t have found such a beautiful stone.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh! I was on the phone with Mark, talking about my never ending search, and he mentioned that he sent a big boy out!!! I guess it was this big boy! NO halo!!! Noooo...! :) And that round will make SOME pendant!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous cushion!!!! No halo for this baby, let it be the star of the show!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with the no halo crowd for that gorgeous stone. I love the Leon Tiger creation of the stone set e/w but a thin ritani like pave band would be beautiful too or a daniel K, split crown liek setting..yummo....

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely stunning stone!

I vote NO halo- that rock is plenty big!

And while I love halos and the fact that they can add size, I think that w/ 3+ cts you don''t really need to add size, and that w/ a stone that large you could do a beautiful setting w/o a halo. When a stone is that large you can really do some beautiful basket or "undercarriage" work as I like to call it.

That stone can stand alone very well w/o a halo.

Congrats on your goreous upgrade!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 2:38:54 PM
Author: dtnyc
What an absolutely stunning stone!

I vote NO halo- that rock is plenty big!

When a stone is that large you can really do some beautiful basket or ''undercarriage'' work as I like to call it.
Ooooh, I like that idea! Some delicate pave work on the basket would be exquisite and subtle.

Also, YAY that you get to keep your original stone! It''s going to make a heck of a pendant!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! I want one too!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
HOLY COW! That''s one beautiful stone.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, that stone is just STUNNING!!!! W
30.gif
W!!!! Definitely no halo. That baby needs to be the center of attention. It''s absolutely gorgeous. Can''t wait to see what you do with it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
I want one! Don''t halo it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results