shape
carat
color
clarity

3.1 HCA but in love.. help, thoughts?

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes thanks for sharing! I am eagerly awaiting!! Any pictures you would be willing to share??

It is amazing that we started this process 4 months ago with our local jeweler and have made it to a purchase! Literally blood, sweat, and tears.
Yes def ! I have a thread on it ,but I don’t mind share again :))) I have 1.42 I color vs1! Very similar to yours! What setting have you chose ? I am going to make a three stone ring so I purchased juts a loose stone . I am not newly engaged or something lol :) so I am the queen of parade so no rush for me to set it and have some time to think what I really want after changing styles of my rings many times :oops2: 8EC7AF89-DE9B-461F-BB3C-6A68F07B56CE.jpeg 0389829C-673D-43B3-9CB6-BC08902DECC2.jpeg 7607E966-2BC4-4E17-9545-B92527F9D1B3.jpeg A3181726-A8B0-4A29-8364-A184D8F53243.jpeg

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw, darn. Sorry to hard that. I like this new one that you posted as well. Good ASET and complementary numbers. From the video though, you can tell that this diamond has a brown undertone as opposed to a yellow undertone. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Many people like and prefer brown undertones. Just something to be aware of, as the diamonds you saw in person most likely had a yellow undertone, as this is the most common diamond color. So if your opinion of what color grade you like was based on yellow diamonds, then it may be different for brown diamonds.

Diamondfever10

Rough_Rock
Aw, darn. Sorry to hard that. I like this new one that you posted as well. Good ASET and complementary numbers. From the video though, you can tell that this diamond has a brown undertone as opposed to a yellow undertone. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Many people like and prefer brown undertones. Just something to be aware of, as the diamonds you saw in person most likely had a yellow undertone, as this is the most common diamond color. So if your opinion of what color grade you like was based on yellow diamonds, then it may be different for brown diamonds.

Do you think a brown undertone diamond would be more pronounced and deviate the color in a rose gold setting?

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think a brown undertone diamond would be more pronounced and deviate the color in a rose gold setting?

Actually, brown undertones are perfect for a rose gold setting! They really complement and blend in with the brownish undertone of rose gold. If you're going with a rose gold setting, then I would definitely recommend this diamond!

For complementary pairing of metal color and diamond color:
Yellow Gold = Yellow Undertone
Rose Gold = Brown undertone

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

I actually prefer the brown tone to the yellow ... I think the general opinion is that brown undertones make the stone look darker and therefore priced lower ... but this stone still looks quite bright and I love love love the idea of pairing it with rose gold!

Diamondfever10

Rough_Rock
Actually, brown undertones are perfect for a rose gold setting! They really complement and blend in with the brownish undertone of rose gold. If you're going with a rose gold setting, then I would definitely recommend this diamond!

For complementary pairing of metal color and diamond color:
Yellow Gold = Yellow Undertone
Rose Gold = Brown undertone

We took the plunge! Hopefully we will have pictures to report soon. Thank you for all of your help!

I actually prefer the brown tone to the yellow ... I think the general opinion is that brown undertones make the stone look darker and therefore priced lower ... but this stone still looks quite bright and I love love love the idea of pairing it with rose gold!

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if the stone would look dark but it doesn’t seem like it will! Hopefully, updates soon.

Reactions: AV_

Diamondfever10

Rough_Rock
D794A4D7-EC52-4DA0-B17A-C4AF062030BA.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your help with this decision! He proposed in Austria on the top of a mountain - and the ring is beautiful! We went with the 1.47ct I VS2 Ex Ex Ex linked above with a rose gold 6 prong.

I’m still getting better at taking photos but I wanted to share as this community has helped us so much. Different light shots here including a video of sparkle in the light (https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mbY4AMr).

If it wasn’t for you all, we could have stayed with the less desirable diamond at a similar price point! I’m so happy we didn’t. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• ED6FE623-D2AC-4A4E-A6D0-F74DD1DCC89E.jpeg
    ED6FE623-D2AC-4A4E-A6D0-F74DD1DCC89E.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 10

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D794A4D7-EC52-4DA0-B17A-C4AF062030BA.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your help with this decision! He proposed in Austria on the top of a mountain - and the ring is beautiful! We went with the 1.47ct I VS2 Ex Ex Ex linked above with a rose gold 6 prong.

I’m still getting better at taking photos but I wanted to share as this community has helped us so much. Different light shots here including a video of sparkle in the light (https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mbY4AMr).

If it wasn’t for you all, we could have stayed with the less desirable diamond at a similar price point! I’m so happy we didn’t. :mrgreen:

Beautiful photos! Sounds like a great proposal, and I'm glad you're happy with the final product. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results