shape
carat
color
clarity

3.04 cuprian tourmaline set in DK/TGP

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, one of things I wanted from when I first got into CS was a cuprian tourmaline. I looked at MANY online, hoped desperately that a seasoned collector might part with one for a semi-affordable price, anything...Peter Torraca posted this stone several months ago. I debated, as it was more green than I had originally pictured going for, it was a pear, and not quite the fully saturated neon thing I was going for...I asked a number of collectors for their opinions, and ultimately, it was big, within budget (ish, lol) and when I first saw it in person, it took my breath away. It photographs more like a mint garnet, and kind of looks like one in daylight, except a bit more "glowy". But in lower, indoor lighting...yowza. I have a number of stones that I like better in sunlight or office lighting, but don't look their best at night in dark bars/restaurants/homes, etc. This one is it! The perfect evening stone. :appl:

Now, for the setting...another David Klass/The Gemstone Project collaboration. Elle sent me a sketch, and then I didn't see any more until the ring was done. I didn't even remember that it was a split shank! What can I say. It's PERFECT. The curves swoop in just the right places (I'm not very eloquent, bear with me), the diamonds are white and sparkly, the size is great for a cocktail ring. Pears didn't used to be my favourite shape (though Athenaworth had a swoon-worthy yellow diamond that started the change of mind), but this setting makes me want to buy more pear-shaped stones!

12387885_871615364607_2046773706_n.jpg

12387878_871615369597_457468598_n.jpg

12358517_871615359617_1110378871_n.jpg

12312366_871615374587_1712963303_n.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David's pics...

_1089.jpeg

_1090.jpeg

_1091.jpeg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some hand shots.

12312357_871615634067_1883962872_n.jpg

12395183_871615644047_2018718628_n__1_.jpg

12367022_871615639057_800956572_n.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one stunning ring. I love the green of your cuprian...and that setting is a wonderful complement to the pear shape. :love:
I'm requesting more pics, when your able. :naughty:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular!!!! I had been eyeing that stone as well. Love what you've done with it! The setting couldn't be more perfect :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, elle! I will take more pics when the sun comes out. :)

Thanks, woofmama! Glad you approve! :D

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
That color is so minty and fresh!
Another gorgeous piece! :bigsmile:

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow!! I love this ring to pieces! What a unique design to compliment that beautiful stone. Well done! :appl: :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! I've never been a huge fan of pear cuts-but that setting may just change my mind!!!! The ring and stone are stunning! :appl: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness what a gorgeous piece! I too am not typically a fan of pear cuts in CS, but this is just perfection all around. The setting is so elegant, and the stone just pops! Congrats!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG NKOTB your new tourmaline and setting is just GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:
My heart is beating so fast just gazing upon its beauty. LOVE it. Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:
And please post lots more pics. Pretty please. :pray:

S

SparkliesLuver

What a ring! :love: :appl: It all came together beautifully. I wasn't that into pears initially either, so I know the feeling when one changes your mind. ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good! :appl: What's there not to love?

Cuprian? Check!
Pear shape? Check!
Diamond halo? Check!
Unusual design? Check!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful! :love: and looks wonderful on your hand. Is it comfortable?

picante27

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful and elegant! I love the setting and the tourmaline is stunning!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Haven't been posting much lately - but had to for this one. It's amazing, I think it's the best pear design I've ever seen. And it's just in time for the holidays, how fun!!!

It's really quite beautiful, but then everything you've had done is generally fantastic. To clarify: I've admired your collection and taste since the first day I came into CS, but IMO you've begun to truly outdo yourself as of late. The last year or so I've gone from loving your pieces to being blown away by them. Your gems are always special and beautifully set, and this one is so worthy of adding to your collection. Can't wait to see what you do next!! :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, OTL, austinj, pinkjewel and lovedogs!

Thanks, missy - I'll take more pics when I can, been a busy week so far.

SparkliesLuver - well, your pear would have certainly made me change my mind, too! And thanks! :)

Chrono - thanks! It does check off a few categories, eh? :)

wordie - thanks! It is very comfortable.

Thanks, picante!

katharath - wow. Blushing! Thank you. I don't really have a creative bone in my body, so can't take any credit other than the approval in the process. Sometimes, it's worth paying others to do what you can't. lol I think my next two projects will be pretty basic, but will involve two more of my favourite stones. Just need to build up the bling fund for a while first! ;-)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a gorgeous cuprian! I love the geometric halo, it is perfect for your stone. :D

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
So lovely! :love: :love: :love: the setting compliments your stone perfectly!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has the sun come out yet? :cheeky: Are those your hand shots? Do you find that it looks more like the glamor shots or more like your hand shots?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw the picks I thought I had clicked the wrong link: one of those Christies auctions threads with jewelry we can only dream about. Both the stone and the setting are fabulous to the max and radiate such refined elegance. You have made great choices. Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and stone!! You always find such unique halo settings as well.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, mochiko and lilysweet!

Minou - no, sadly...no sun. I might have to wait until March! :razz: I'd say it looks like a cross between all the pics, and fully depends on lighting. It looks better than my hand shots (at least on my computer), but slightly less saturated than the glamour shots? Overall, anyway. Worst case - looks like a nice mint garnet with bluish modifier, best case - something close to your avatar, but down a couple of notches. ;-)

Thanks, Acinom (again, blushing!), dk, and TL (the unusual haloes so far have been created for me, not found, but thank you!).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful ring and design, very creative. I would love to see more photos when you have time for another shoot.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that stone with that setting and it looks fabulous on you!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning!!! I just ran to my wife and said "you have to see this"! Honestly I am not the biggest fan of pairs but this is incredible, and the stance on your hand is to die for! Congrats! I am so happy for you! I have never seen a halo like that! Forever Collection without question! :love: :love: :love:
~Justin

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need another g2g so I can see this beauty in person! I 3 carat pear and one seeing one of the gemstone projects settings in person is something I would LOVE to play with. Can we get a family shot? SO beautiful! Yay you!! :appl:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Never seen anything like this, it's just perfect!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Really breathtaking ring. Once again congrats are in order to the trio of Elle, NKOTB and David Klass (and before you think of being all modest, NKOTB, you do play a big role in bring these creations to life. It is very refreshing to see a fresh take on a halo, sharpening a curve instead of smoothing an angle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results