shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd Dress Fitting & Hair Trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
So Monday I had my 2nd dress fitting and Tuesday I had my hair trial. Pics to follow for your comments

The 2nd dress fitting was ok, but I was having an issue with the top being too big still on top. He said that he didn''t want to pull it in anymore on the sides because then it would start pinching into my skin and make me look like I had arm/chest fat... which I don''t think I do. He suggested that I go out and get a corset/bra that would provide me more lift to fill the cup area. So I went everywhere and finally think I found one at Fredericks that goes low enough. Did anyone else have the low back dress issue? Where else could I find a bra that would work? I am worried that the one I got may not be low enough.

I will say that the only thing I am bummed about is that I don''t think the dress really makes me look/feel thin :( I felt like it was adding bulk to me and I have been working so hard doing the 30 day shred and have totally toned up. He said that because of the way the dress is cut in the back and the arch I have in my lower back that this is about as tight as it will be... unless I want a back butt lol. I wanted to feel super thin on my wedding day, but I guess I will just have to get over that. At least this means NO needing to lose weight in the next three weeks... I can EAT!

He also didn''t make the neckline enough of a sweetheart so he is going to fix that too. I go back on Friday for the 3rd fitting. I only have two pics but what do you think so far? Oh and the bustle is very messy looking in the pics... I didn''t get one after he asjusted it.

The Hair Trial - I thought it went great. She didn''t do it 100% of how it will look the day of, but she just wanted to give me the idea. I wanted soft & romantic with some hair height on the top. Did I achieve that look? Do you thnk it will go with the dress style I have?

Thanks for your comments
1.gif

dfitting2.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Back view of the dress with a messy bussle

dfitting23.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Hair pic from the side... please ingore the facial expressions lol

Alison Hair1.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Other side

Alison Hair2.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
I still LOVE my earings!

Alison Hair 3.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Better side view... lighting was so bad in the salon!

Alison Hair5.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Here is a really bad pic with the veil on. I have a cathedral length veil and we didn''t want to take it out in the salon plus it hasn''t been steamed or anything put it gives you an idea.

Alison Hair8.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Final pic.... oh and I am adding some white orchids to one side on the day of. My hair dresser suggested doing that for the reception, but I wanted to do it for both the ceremony & reception. What do you all think?

Alison Hair9.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love the shimmery sheen of the dress. It's going to be beautiful in the sun I bet - well in every light really. It fits you perfectly. I love the v back too. Hair is really lovely and the earrings are PERFECT, I looove them!!
30.gif

ETA your figure is perfect! Your arms are lovely and toned. (My arms are my least favourite area, so I always notice other peoples
3.gif
) And yes that hairstyle is great with the dress and especially with the earrings. I love soft up-dos!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I think your dress and your hair look beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
You arms look awesome, and the dress makes you look HOT. With the hairstyle your husband''s going to LOVE it!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
you look fantastic, really beautiful. The earings, hair, dress, all received 2 thumbs up from me!

emthup.gif
emthup.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - that dress is absolutely lovely
1.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Alison, my dress will have a very similar back to yours. I am solving the bra problem by wearing a nu-bra. It is basically a thick piece of silicon (think chicken cutlet
2.gif
) that has a sticky side that you adhere it to yourself with. If you aren''t familiar with them check out their website: Nu Bra I think Nordstroms and Macys both carry them, and could help you pick out a size.

I''m sure your alterations person knows what he is doing, but I would ask if he can take in the WAIST without making the top edge any smaller. My dressmaker is making the dress so that the waist is about 1 inch smaller than my actual measurement with the top seam around the dress following my true measurement. This makes it so that I feel supported through the waist, not from the top, and prevents arm/chest fat and a "back butt".

Also, I think you look wonderful in your dress, but you need to feel great in your gown. A good alterations person should be able to give this to you, whether or not it makes you look thinner is besides the point, you should feel like you look your best when he is finished. I would make sure to continue asking what other methods he knows of to solve your issues until you are truely happy with the outcome (nicely of course!)

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Thumbs up! You look awesome and I love the back of your dress!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I think your dress looks great on you! And I think you have a very good figure. I got my dress altered a little too tight, and I can barely sit down! So I know what you mean that you want it tight, but you need to be able to walk/dance and to sit down comfortably. I think the fact that it''s not as tight as you would like is something only you will notice. I personally think you look really good. So your hard work paid off
36.gif

Hair looks good too!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think your stylist did a great job of achieving what you described to us- soft and romantic. I love it! I might just print out that pic for my own hair trial next weekend if thats OK with you!

Your dress is gorgeous on you. I think that the PSer who suggested asking the waist to be taken in a little more than your measurement it would help in the support department without making the "back butt". FWIW I don''t think that you have enough meat back there to even make one! You look very toned and in shape to me.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 8:42:35 PM
Author: Clairitek
I think your stylist did a great job of achieving what you described to us- soft and romantic. I love it! I might just print out that pic for my own hair trial next weekend if thats OK with you!

Your dress is gorgeous on you. I think that the PSer who suggested asking the waist to be taken in a little more than your measurement it would help in the support department without making the ''back butt''. FWIW I don''t think that you have enough meat back there to even make one! You look very toned and in shape to me.

Ditto

How hair looks amazing and the dress looks amazing on :).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is stunning! You look slim and beautiful! I wouldn''t take anymore in as the having the dress even a touch too tight will create back fat (even when you don''t have any clearly!) and that will look worse IMO. Your hair looks fab too, I would add the flowers, they will look nice.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Thank your for all the comments ladies! Glad I am on the right page and I am hoping the new bra will make a difference in how I fill out the dress. I will post new pics once I get them on Friday.

tropiqalkiwi: Thank you for the suggestion of the Nu Bra. I am going to check it out tonight. I think I might just get both and figure out at the fitting which on works better. Better to have more than to have to go back again. I will also talk to the tailor about your suggestions. I am hoping he has more time to pay attention to me because he was SUPER busy when I went in there this week.

Lanie - Thank you for the kind words... I really should thank Jillian Michels for kicking my butt with the 30 day shred. That workout video is a killer and I was already in good shape before I started it
1.gif
Wait no I should thank whoever started that 30 day shred topic the other month. That got me to buy the video from all the good comments.

Clairitek - By all means take the photo
19.gif
I got the hair look from my wedding coordinators wedding pictures. She got married last year and her hair looked amazing in the photos so I just wanted to copy it! She didn''t mind!

Honey22 - Thank you! I think you are right... probably better to have it a little bit looser than tighter right.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!! I think you look amazing!!!! Love it all!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results