shape
carat
color
clarity

2mm wedding band too thin w/e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure I''m being neurotic
9.gif
but does anyone else think my 2mm Facets plain wedding band is too thin to go with my e-ring? I''m thinking a 2.5 would be better, 3mm might be too big. Honset opinions- including that I may need to chill out about it!
20.gif

Thanks
2.gif

Quest2mmring2.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your set looks gorgeous the way it is... but then I''m not a matchy-matchy person!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you may be a weee bit neurotic, but hey, that''s how we are here!
37.gif

i think it looks perfectly fine but you are the one having to wear it. if you know you are going to obsess about it, then get the 2.5mm.

just keep in mind.... it looks fine and no one will even notice a change.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s too thin at all! I think it looks great!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
'fraid I don't see how it could be a bit MORE PERFECT. So .... chill out!
2.gif

ETA -- HOWEVER .. since you should never expect an obsession to go away with out REPLACING it ... I DO think that 2mm might be too thin to wear ALONE. MAYBE you need a "solo" band for times when you don't want to bling it up. (Pool, vacation, volunteering).
31.gif
. Check out the fun titanium designs on Amazon ... you could get some cheapie wild versions & have fun w/o the $$ committment.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! I would not stress about it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
it s a preference thing - we''ll all say something different.... I might say the w-band should be bigger and someone else might say the e-ring should be bigger and another person might say they should be totally equal matchy-matchy.

what do YOU like?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous the way it is!
28.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I definetely wouldn''t go bigger, in fact if anything I would go thinner. Bigger will make your diamond look smaller I think.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Musey- thanks so much! I am a matchy-matchy type person, so while it does match, I guess it''s not enough for me!

Belle- I asked a close friend and she said "Stop being so neurotic about your rings!" She loves her engagment ring but I think being a Pricescoper adds a whole new level of obessiveness, lol. I think that''s the thing, I will probably obess over it so I should probably just order a 2.5mm band and see if I really love it that much more. I also wear my diamond anniversary band as an alternative but I don''t always want to wear that much...um...sparkle. Plus I think my e-ring just screams "plain platinum wedding band!" as it''s match
2.gif

JFro- thanks so much!

Deco- LOL, thanks so much! The funny thing is, I adore the 2mm by itself. It''s so clean and simple and not overpowering. I think I''ll have to order the 2.5mm just to put my mind at ease. I have thought about buying a whitegold 3mm band as a more substantial by-itself ring. Too many options!

Gail- Thank you so much! And I need to apologize- I didn''t thank you in my other thread about my new e-ring! I feel so rude about that, I''m so sorry!! I''ll try not to obess over this. Seriously, it''s a .5mm difference!
20.gif

Cehra- Ugh, I don''t know. It really depends on the e-ring. I think with mine, I need it to be even in width to feel that it''s a good match.

anchor- thank you so much!!
35.gif

Jazmine- I don''t think I could go thinner than 2mm. I need it to be moer substantial than that. I will say, my thinner e-ring definitely makes my center stone look bigger!
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2006 2:15:38 PM
Author: february2003bride
Musey- thanks so much! I am a matchy-matchy type person, so while it does match, I guess it''s not enough for me!

Belle- I asked a close friend and she said ''Stop being so neurotic about your rings!'' She loves her engagment ring but I think being a Pricescoper adds a whole new level of obessiveness, lol. I think that''s the thing, I will probably obess over it so I should probably just order a 2.5mm band and see if I really love it that much more. I also wear my diamond anniversary band as an alternative but I don''t always want to wear that much...um...sparkle. Plus I think my e-ring just screams ''plain platinum wedding band!'' as it''s match
2.gif

JFro- thanks so much!

Deco- LOL, thanks so much! The funny thing is, I adore the 2mm by itself. It''s so clean and simple and not overpowering. I think I''ll have to order the 2.5mm just to put my mind at ease. I have thought about buying a whitegold 3mm band as a more substantial by-itself ring. Too many options!

Gail- Thank you so much! And I need to apologize- I didn''t thank you in my other thread about my new e-ring! I feel so rude about that, I''m so sorry!! I''ll try not to obess over this. Seriously, it''s a .5mm difference!
20.gif

Cehra- Ugh, I don''t know. It really depends on the e-ring. I think with mine, I need it to be even in width to feel that it''s a good match.

35.gif

Jazmine- I don''t think I could go thinner than 2mm. I need it to be moer substantial than that. I will say, my thinner e-ring definitely makes my center stone look bigger!
30.gif

ABSOLUTELY NO APOLOGIES! I didn''t even notice! I''m so happy for you with the new setting! It''s so beautiful. Ya know, we seem to be on the same wavelength with our rings - I have a new thin bead set eternity band that I posted a few weeks ago, and I enjoy switching it off with the plain plat band to match my ring. Today''s a matchy matchy day, but tomorrow, who knows?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'' think it is fine, but I''d probably prefer a 2.5 and I''d want the band to be made like the one on the e-ring. Your e-ring shank looks like it is slightly flat on top as opposed to round and I think it would look good for the w-band to match. Of course, I think a channel set band of princess stones would be a lovely alternative as well. A different look depending on your mood for the day!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
feb, they look great together! Such a beautiful set!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great together! The top view especially really showcases your diamond.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant matchy-matchy width-wise included :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m a matchy-match person most of the time, and I can sort of see what you are saying but I think it''s beautiful anyways!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Carrie:

You are splitting hairs now girlfriend!! It looks fantastic! I think any bigger would take away from your diamond. The band is perfect.

Are you still loving your gorgeous new ring?

Jeannine

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I think is a good mm size, looks good to me, but I don''t like thick bands

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Belle- I asked a close friend and she said ''Stop being so neurotic about your rings!'' She loves her engagment ring but I think being a Pricescoper adds a whole new level of obessiveness, lol. I think that''s the thing, I will probably obess over it so I should probably just order a 2.5mm band and see if I really love it that much more. I also wear my diamond anniversary band as an alternative but I don''t always want to wear that much...um...sparkle. Plus I think my e-ring just screams ''plain platinum wedding band!'' as it''s match
2.gif

JFro- thanks so much!

20.gif

35.gif

30.gif
STOP!! go no further!! your answer is in your own words above ;-)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
How wide is the band on your e-ring? It looks just a little wider than the wedding ring. I understand the need for the perfect match. I had my plain platinum wedding band custon made so it would exactly match the width (2.5mm) and curvature of the band of my e-ring. (Fortunately, having my local jeweler make a simple "custom" band cost a little less than ordering a 2mm or 3mm from the manufacturer of my e-ring.)

It''s funny to me that you like the 2mm band by itself but not with the e-ring. I love my two rings together, but think the 2.5mm plain band looks too thin by itself on my long finger. (And DH hates the idea of my getting a second wedding ring for days when I don''t want to wear the e-ring because of my planned activities.) I guess we each have different things we obsess over.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
This band looks perfect the way it is.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
DS06- I decided to order a 2.5mm and 3mm whitegold bands from Bluenile (read: great return policy! lol) and see which one, if either, look best with my e-ring. If one does and I like it better than my 2mm band, I''ll send them back and order that width in platinum. My anniversary band that I do wear most of the time with my e-ring is princess channel- I love it
1.gif

Crown Jewel- Aw, thank you!

Rosebud- It''s these tiny but flowing prongs that Quest made! It''s a Cartier 1895 basket copy and it really makes my center stone look bigger than it is.

KimH- Thanks!!

Jeannine- LOL, I know. Neurotic, eh? I''m completely being crazy on this! I swear this is hte last thing regarding my rings and then I am done done done. I love my engagement ring! Countless times a day I stare at it thinking how much I adore this ring! I could not be happier
30.gif

Mustang- I''m not a wide band person either but I also don''t consider 2-2.5-3mm to be that wide. My mom use to wear a 5mm wide band- now THAT''S wide!

Kay, At the top of the shank its about 2.5-2.7 and as it goes down to the bottom of the ring it''s 3mm. My e-ring is extremely comfy!

Jewels- thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results