shape
carat
color
clarity

2mm Plain Band Matching Height - Lots of Pics

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
I know a plain band is not an exciting SMTB but thought I'd include pictures for those trying get a certain height/thickness. You'd think once you decide on the width, it'd be easy but I think it's like picking gray wall paint. :lol: Here is my new BGD comfort fit band, 2mm in plat. They were top-notch with responsiveness, quality, and price!

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG
The plain band is actually 2.25mm in height, while the eternity is 2.0mm high, but the dome-iness balances it out.

IMG_0961b.jpg
With the BGD tapered Tiffany setting.

IMG_0993.JPG
All three.

IMG_0967.JPG
For those wondering if it's too thin on its own.

IMG_1028b.jpg
How it looks when height is different. On the left, 2.25mm height. On the right, 1.75mm height.

IMG_1030b.jpg
On the left, 2.0mm height. On the right, 1.75mm height. Much more noticeable if one of the bands has a flat surface.

While it's pretty easy to find a band ~1.5mm high, this was the only non-custom band I could find that was this high-domed. If you're looking for something in between, Benchmark's comfort fit is 1.6mm, e-weddingbands' heavy comfort fit is 1.85mm.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings look great - attention to the smallest detail really pays off! I love this with your solitaire - did you decide to keep it after all? Looks so great with the eternity and plain band!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfection!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect. I love all of your rings together.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this & you're right - height & width are SO important! I had my wedding band made to match my original engagement ring, which was then damaged. The new solitaire band was flat & thin & I could never work out why I didn't love it? My full eternity was high & spiky, so all in all it was mismatched & upset me. Fast forward a few years, my precious wedding band hasn't left my finger, the solitaire is in its 3rd home to match the proportions of the wedding band exactly, and the eternity has been remade completely into a channel setting, again matching in height & width :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful match! And I echo Alex T. Height and width is critical for the rings to look perfect together (IMO). My favorite bands are the ones that match my ER in height and width. Perfect match and beautiful combo. Enjoy!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your compliments and likes!

MGR - I'm a fan of your collection as well. Don't you love it when each facet or each mm is on point? Your new ACA is perfection! Sadly, my ACA is already at GOG. These were actually farewell photos. :cry:

Alex T - I took a look at your reset journey and sorry you had to go through that, but the final look is so well-balanced. You made great choices!

Missy - The lady with the young hands. :D Thanks for chiming in! When I clicked your SMTB as it got posted, I remember going "L is for ...???.What is that?! That facet pattern is so romantic!" Love the story behind the name too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for your compliments and likes!

MGR - I'm a fan of your collection as well. Don't you love it when each facet or each mm is on point? Your new ACA is perfection! Sadly, my ACA is already at GOG. These were actually farewell photos. :cry:

Alex T - I took a look at your reset journey and sorry you had to go through that, but the final look is so well-balanced. You made great choices!

Missy - The lady with the young hands. :D Thanks for chiming in! When I clicked your SMTB as it got posted, I remember going "L is for ...???.What is that?! That facet pattern is so romantic!" Love the story behind the name too.

I am so sorry that your ACA is gone and hope that there will be another one in your future. The precision cut of these stones is really amazing! Your two bands look amazing together!

blingblingdiamond

Shiny_Rock
your diamond size looks perfect.... do you mind telling me the carat weight/the measurement of the diamond please? thanks!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
BBD - Thanks! The diamond in the pic is a 1.59 ct, 7.53mm diameter on a 5.5 finger.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very nice erislynn...its sort of like you have to have the plain matching band to your ering. Always fun to use it to mix and match with or just
go use to go solo when you need to be more conservative. Nice ring!

medely

Rough_Rock
I know its old, but thank you for this post! This is exactly what I am thinking about right now :)

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
This is really helpful, thank you! Looks perfect!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I know a plain band is not an exciting SMTB but thought I'd include pictures for those trying get a certain height/thickness. You'd think once you decide on the width, it'd be easy but I think it's like picking gray wall paint. :lol: Here is my new BGD comfort fit band, 2mm in plat. They were top-notch with responsiveness, quality, and price!

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG
The plain band is actually 2.25mm in height, while the eternity is 2.0mm high, but the dome-iness balances it out.

IMG_0961b.jpg
With the BGD tapered Tiffany setting.

IMG_0993.JPG
All three.

IMG_0967.JPG
For those wondering if it's too thin on its own.

IMG_1028b.jpg
How it looks when height is different. On the left, 2.25mm height. On the right, 1.75mm height.

IMG_1030b.jpg
On the left, 2.0mm height. On the right, 1.75mm height. Much more noticeable if one of the bands has a flat surface.

While it's pretty easy to find a band ~1.5mm high, this was the only non-custom band I could find that was this high-domed. If you're looking for something in between, Benchmark's comfort fit is 1.6mm, e-weddingbands' heavy comfort fit is 1.85mm.

Was the 1.75 mm height band your previous wedding band?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I love all the pictures! I think you made a great match! Beautiful set!!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Was the 1.75 mm height band your previous wedding band?

The 1.75 mm height band is actually one of my engagement rings turned around. The underside happened to be 1.75 high and was great for illustration purposes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results