shape
carat
color
clarity

2ctw studs vs.1ctw studs in a jacket.....

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Please help me decide. I'm trying to get the boldest look but still budget conscious. My preference is the 2ctw studs, but I'm attracted to the lower price of the 1ctw plus jacket. I love studs. I would buy a 5ctw if I can afford it, but I can't.
Who has experience with this and what would you do?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on your style. Do you prefer the halo or the single stud look. I'm definitely more of a single stud look. If I wanted a halo, I would buy smaller stones and get a very tight halo built around the stone, permanently.

If you're considering a jacket, that would probably be cheaper right? I don't know cause I've never inquired about prices.

Elsafiancee

Rough_Rock
I second PP, why not a halo setting?

Q

Queenie60

I would suggest you put all of your money into a nice pair of diamond stud earrings. Then save up for jackets at a later date. I have 1.83 ctw studs and just purchased jackets from IDJ. They're beautiful however, for an every day look I prefer the plain stud earring. The jackets add bling when I want it. Just my thoughts and recommendation.

Good luck. :wavey:

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Ok thanks. Appreciate all your suggestions. You just confirmed what my gut was asking me to do. I'll get the 2ctw now, then later if I wanted, I'll save up for the jackets. I kinda like the look of larger studs only.
Thank you.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agreed! Go big now!! :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the size of your lobes. Go to a place like Claire's and get a pack of studs in different sizes, take ear selfies, and determine the mm look you like best on your lobes.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In real life I have never seen anyone wearing earring jackets with their studs. Plain earrings are so classic.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you decided on the larger studs! I truly feel like I can wear studs with anything, and I am usually super casual. It would be rare that I'd want to wear jackets since I don't have that many dress up occasions.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Great decision! I have 2 ctw studs and love them. Have worn them nearly every day since I got them 7 years ago.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you've decided to get the 2ctw studs. I always regret not going bigger. And I wear mine with jackets all the time too; just get yours later.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely right Phoenix. Bigger is always better.
Thanks guys. This ended up an easy decision with all of your help.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chicam|1469292991|4058635 said:
Absolutely right Phoenix. Bigger is always better.
Thanks guys. This ended up an easy decision with all of your help.

This is the place for enabling larger diamonds for sure! :lol: Mine are 2.3 tcw and I have been so happy with that size!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results