shape
carat
color
clarity

2ctw five stone carre cut band

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
Hi fellow PSers!

Honestly I didn't see the appeal of step cuts until recently. I haven't seen many in real life -- and not for longer than a few seconds -- and I'm now understanding how hard it is to get good video/photo that provides an accurate representation of these cuts. During one of my recent pre-owned ring eBay hunts, I found this platinum 2ctw carre cut five stone band advertised as emerald cuts. Something about the photos of this specific ring had me hooked, and with a free return option, I decided to give it a shot. It arrived Friday night, and I have to say I am liking this ring A LOT. I love the more subtle nature of the flashes (not too subtle!) and how I can really see into the stones. The diamonds were advertised as H VS, and I can't see any color or inclusions, though I haven't louped it yet. I love the elegant style - it feels modern and vintage at the same time. It's pretty big at around 5mm wide, but I seem to be drawn to bigger rings despite my short stature and short fingers. This ring is basically my entire jewelry budget for 2021 (and then some.... :???:), so I want to be really sure about it while I'm in the return window. What do you guys think?

Here are the eBay vendor photos:

ebay1.jpg ebay2.jpg

ebay3.jpg ebay4.jpg ebay5.jpg ebay6.jpg

And here is the ring on my hand:

rhr1.jpg rhr2.jpg witheternity.jpg withetoile.jpg

My nails don't look so good right now, hence all the closed fist hand shots. :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Bravo! I really like that! I like the sleekness of it. Looks crisp, clean, contemporary -- very much my aesthetics!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! Bold and yet elegant, a hard combo to create. Enjoy!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it... a lot!! I’d keep it! Gorgeous and blingy, classic and classy!! Nice find!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
I love it and think it looks fabulous on you! As others have said, it really strikes a balance between unique and timeless. Lovely presence on your finger as well.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, what a find! It looks gorgeous & so hefty!

Really love it alone or with the yellow gold Etoile - beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely on its own or paired with another band, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! What a great find! Really has a nice size presence on you but still seems so classic! Its a great look IMO!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@peas-and-carats I feel like the settings I see carre cuts in often are overly heavy and bulky. This might be one of the first I've seen that doesn't overpower the diamonds. Well done on the find! I think it's a keeper!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks really nice - I like it with your pave band.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly those diamonds are crispy! Gorgeous! This is a very special, one of a kind. Loooove it!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamy! I haven't seen carre so big before, what a look!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s fantastic. Great presence on your hand, beautiful cut, very sleek. I think it looks good alone and stacked!

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
@peas-and-carats I feel like the settings I see carre cuts in often are overly heavy and bulky. This might be one of the first I've seen that doesn't overpower the diamonds. Well done on the find! I think it's a keeper!!

I agree, they are usually bulky! In person, the channel metal on this ring is very thin and unobtrusive. Maybe that's part of what drew me in.

Dreamy! I haven't seen carre so big before, what a look!

I don't know why they aren't more popular in larger sizes, they're very cool to stare into!

Holy moly those diamonds are crispy! Gorgeous! This is a very special, one of a kind. Loooove it!

There's actually a very similar ring, perhaps by the same maker, currently listed on Israel Rose that's 1.64ctw. Mine is 2.07ctw. In case anyone is interested! :)

Thank you so much, everyone! I thought this was a classy interesting piece, but sometimes I'm not the most fashionable. I'm glad to hear you don't all think it's butt ugly haha. PSers are the best enablers. :bigsmile:

Here are a few photos I snapped for fun comparing it to my G color ideal cut MRB. Obviously wouldn't wear it this way...

PXL_20210111_192347530.jpg

PXL_20210114_001651759.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results