shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct round on 4.5 hand.. too big?

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
My finger 3.5 and my ring is 2.13ct and I feel like the size is perfect. But I am a bit greedy and want bigger. 2.5ct-2.6ct would be my ideal size. Thus, I do not believe yours is too big.

Pretty much the same specs/size as me and 100% agree - it’s not too big OP!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks lovely on your long, thin fingers. Go for it!

P

Petalouda

I am a size 4.5 and my solitaire is a 2.5 ct. If I had all the money in the world I'd love a 3 ct with the same stats. I'm super conscious about not wanting to look gaudy and don't think mine looks too large.

Here's "Dainty." I named her that because a few folks were snarky that I didn't go larger (I prioritize high color over carat weight -- to each her own!)

IMG_9848.jpg

There's a thread in the Show Me The Bling that is just images of people's 2-3 ct rings. Look through that and you'll see examples of what a 2 ct looks like on different folks.

IMG_0094 !!.jpg

gosh your ring is so stunning.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
You are definitely in the wrong place if you expect to be told it’s too big!! It looks absolutely beautiful on you.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
I am a size 4.5 and my solitaire is a 2.5 ct. If I had all the money in the world I'd love a 3 ct with the same stats. I'm super conscious about not wanting to look gaudy and don't think mine looks too large.

Here's "Dainty." I named her that because a few folks were snarky that I didn't go larger (I prioritize high color over carat weight -- to each her own!)

IMG_9848.jpg

There's a thread in the Show Me The Bling that is just images of people's 2-3 ct rings. Look through that and you'll see examples of what a 2 ct looks like on different folks.

IMG_0094 !!.jpg

Your ring is absolutely stunning! You have gorgeous hands and I LOVE your nail color.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 3.38 ct (9.75 mm) on a 4.75 finger, so no, I don't think it looks too big on you. I think it looks great.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_0094 !!.jpg

I never knew why you named it Dainty, that is so funny!! I also love that you stuck to your priorities and Dainty is so white and gorgeous, one of my all time favorites on this forum! =)2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I never knew why you named it Dainty, that is so funny!! I also love that you stuck to your priorities and Dainty is so white and gorgeous, one of my all time favorites on this forum! =)2

Awwww....thank you Fab50! You have a beautiful collection of jewelry too! :kiss2:

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is it still within return period? If yes, if I were you I would. I would make sure to go with a company that has a good upgrade program. I would try a size that I am comfortable with. I can always upgrade to bigger size if DSS sets in in the future.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
Is it still within return period? If yes, if I were you I would. I would make sure to go with a company that has a good upgrade program. I would try a size that I am comfortable with. I can always upgrade to bigger size if DSS sets in in the future.

I lived with it for a bit and decided I’m definitely comfortable with the size. I got overwhelming feedback from both folks on here and friends and family that said it looked fabulous on my hand! I’ve actually sent it out to be set and I couldn’t be more excited :)

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I once had a 1.7 carat OEC that was 7.8mm on my size 4 finger and definitely could have gone bigger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results